IGNORED

FS: Custom stand alone 2600 VCS cartridge adapter

djpubba

Considering offers on this neat little mod job.

I took a Longhorn Engineer s-video and stereo A/V mod and put it in a 5200 VCS adapter and added a power supply so that no 5200 is needed!

For those who aren't familiar with the 5200 VCS adapter, it includes two joystick ports, two difficulty switches, select and reset. Now it also includes s-video, stereo audio, power and an on/off switch. Runs on a 7volt DC supply, which is included. Alternatively, you can still plug it into a 5200 for power (2-port version) instead of using the power supply.

Video looks amazing. Plays all 2600 carts.

Not sure what to ask, so I'll take informal bids here and sell to the highest bidder. Send me a PM or feel free to post your bid in this thread.

Pics of it in action:

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

Edited by djpubba
  • Like 6

Thanks!

Yep, you can power it with a 5200 instead of the external power supply but video will only come out of the s-video connector, not the 5200.

I could probably change it so it would still pump video through the 5200 too if that'd increase your bid enough to be worth my effort to do it. :)

Well then I will make an offer just to get the ball rolling! Not trying to low ball you I am sure I will be outbid soon enough but ya gotta start somewhere.

IF your willing to ship to Canada then I offer $100 USD + Actual shipping cost. :D

I have one of these adapters for my 5200 but I could not mod it in this way if I tried!

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

$100 is a groovy opening bid.

I'm willing to ship worldwide.

I'll keep the bidding open until Thursday. Good luck! :)

Well it certainly would make an great unboxing and demonstration video for my Youtube channel! I will keep my fingers crossed. Such a great unique item I'm amazed nobody else is jumping on this, I guess o lot of people are more talented then me and could do a similar mod themselves lol.

Thanks. I don't have any more VCS adapters to mod, but I'll definitely be modding other stuff. Can you say demo kiosk? :D

Tonight I confirmed it can be powered by a 5200 still. I updated the first post with an additional picture of that in action.

And sold! for $100 to OldSchoolRetroGamer. Thank you for all the interest and comments.

Already started work on the stand alone Coleco expansion module #1 as well as another top secret super cool mod you guys are going to love. Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Any idea if this mod would allow the VCS adapter to work on an original 4-port 5200?

Edit: Oops, I see in your original post that you specify a 2-port. Bummer.

Sweet! I got it!

For the record I have a 5200 that has been modded already to allow compatibility with the VCS adapter (I have one and use it already) which was another reason for my interest in this.

Thanks djpubba, :thumbsup: