IGNORED

High Score Club 9.05 - Shark Attack

Ze_ro

STANDINGS AS OF APRIL 1ST... + Bonus Guessing #

April (2nd) score updates/guesses. Frostbite, now tied with Scrabbler at #10th.

1.JACOB - 216 (Guess #2nd)

2.DETEACHER - 178 (Guess #3rd)

3.TOYMAILMAN - 159 (Guess #3rd)

4.GORFY - 145 (Guess #6th)

5.VOCELLI - 115 (Guess #3rd)

6.CLASSICGAMER - 113 (Guess #7th)

7.OYAMAFAMILY - 111 (Guess #9th)

8.AMSTARI - 102 (Guess #12th)

9.MISS2600 - 101 (Guess # 8th)

10.SCRABBLER - 100 (Guess #7th)

10.FROSTBITE - 100 (Guess #13th)

12.CORTAT G - 94 (Guess ?)

13.ROADUNNER - 83 (Guess #13th)

14.KRYTOL - 80 (Guess ?)

15.SEAGTGRUFF - 55 (Guess ?)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Who's gonna post a wildly inflated score as an April Fools joke?

LOL funny idea but, I don't want to be banned. I like it here too much... :cool:

NEW SCORE = 216 !

Some "new" tips on Loch Ness Monster, soon...

sick score, man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STANDINGS AS OF APRIL 1ST...

1.JACOB - 216 (Guess #2)

2.DETEACHER - 168 (Guess ?)

3.TOYMAILMAN - 159 (Guess ?)

4.GORFY - 124

5.VOCELLI - 115 (Guess #3)

6.CLASSICGAMER - 113 (Guess?)

7.OYAMAFAMILY - 111 (Guess #9)

8.AMSTARI - 102 (Guess #12)

9.MISS2600 - 101 (Guess #?)

10.SCRABBLER - 100 (Guess #7)

11.CORTAT G - 94

12.ROADUNNER - 83 (Right on his guess)

13.FROSTBITE - 82 (Right on his guess)

14.KRYTOL - 80

15.SEAGTGRUFF - 55

Just so all the info is together, I guessed #6

Just so all the info is together, I guessed #6

Thanks Gorfy... I used Nessie Monster to my advantage to get that score. I doubt I can get to 300... the SHARK is twice as fast as it was at 100!! It's a sight to see.

I lost 2 lives from 199 to 216... :twisted:

Got it updated!

I figure this update will give our hard shark playin' some (visable results) untill Zero is back. It should make the game seem less pointless and more fun competition. To see how our scores look together...

Look how close #8/#9/#10 placings are... by 1 point each.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I guess JacobZu7zu7 will finish in first place (now gimme my 3 bonus points! ;) )

OH, I have to predict MY finish. OK, I'm hoping for a top ten finish and that better gamers get so frustrated with the game's stickiness that they don't play much and I finish in 8th place.

New High Score for me: 178!

post-9712-0-27710300-1301712823_thumb.png

I'm guessing I'll finish in 3rd place, because Toymailman always seems to best me and I doubt I'll be catching Jacob (not that I'm giving up, mind you. ;)

Here's a big tip: Need to take a break? Move your diver into the bottom left hand corner, but don't enter the cave. The shark will keep going across the screen, but he won't get you. This won't work if Nessie is out already. I've put him down there, taken a potty break, gotten a drink, done some laundry, etc. When I came back, my diver was safe and sound and the shark was still hunting for him.

Edited by Deteacher

I just got an even 100. It took 2 hours of swearing at the T.V. but I did it, lol.

Ha! I hope your t.v. isn't very sensitive.

By the way, it doesn't count if you don't have the pic .........

Woops! Too late for an April Fools joke. Never mind.

Edited by Gorfy

MORE TIPS:

* At 450-point mark, the sharks decelerate completely, and return to initial speed (this speed refers to score between 0 and 49 points). Consequently, this game stats over from initial level (i.e., the sharks across the screen at the lower speed) for every multiple of 500 points.

* Between 250 and 450-point marks (and plus every multiple of 500 points, i.e., 750-950, 1250-1450 points, etc.), Nessie (the red monster) appears in the maze more constantly. I often position my diver to one of the corners quickly, and I try to collect diamonds near the corners.

* You gain bonus lives for every multiple of 100 points, unless you have 3 divers (the maximum number). These 3 lives include the current diver that is present on the screen.

* If you have 3 dives and if your score is very close to complete every multiple of 100 points (examples: 90-99, 190-199, 290-299 points, etc.), let the shark or Nessie Monster touch your diver ONCE.

Edited by oyamafamily

MAZE TIPS... NELLY DOESN'T FOLLOW YOU WELL AT THE BOTTOM ROW, IS THE SAFEST. THE NEXT SAFEST ROUTE IS ALONG THE SIDE AND TOP ROW. (MIDDLE IS DANGEROUS, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE)

I'M LEARNING TO KEEP NELLIE ON THE SCREEN AS LONG AS I CAN, I EVEN DROP OFF DIAMONDS,

WHILE SHE IS AROUND... CLOSING THE DOOR MIGHT HELP, BUT WHEN YOUR DONE, RUN TO BOTTOM OR TOP ASAP!

RED (NELLIE MONSTER/ SHARK SAFER AREA)

BLACK (HIGH RISK SHARK AREA/ DEADLY "NELLIE" AREA)

PURPLE (X's SHOW THE STICKIEST PARTS OF THE MAZE)

YELLOW (DETEACHERS REST SPOT (B)/ MY LESS DANGEROUS SPOTS)

ARROWS RED ARROW, "GOING UP", IN FAR RIGHT IS LESS STICKY AND SAFER, THEN DOWN)

YELLOW ARROW, HOLD TO THE LEFT AND DOWN TO AVOID THAT STICKY WALL)

post-3059-0-61074700-1301752630_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

SHARK ATTACK TIPS (REVISED)

1. To start the game

Shark Attack, after playing through your lives, if you lose without getting a score you wanted, instead of hitting restart, or fire button, turn the power off and on again... why? Each time Game 5 starts, it sets up (43)total dots to collect! Often by playing right after dieing, the diamonds in the water are only like 10 total... and the next maze selection isn't much better... so power off and on, and start the game with plenty of diamonds to get!

2. Memorizing the sticky parts of the maze

These seem to be more at the right side then the left, and know where they are and avoid them when all possible. (check map details)

3. Loch Ness Monster (Nessie)

Practice running around this creature (AFTER scoring 100+)... keep running around her by using the bottom/top rows and left/right sides and corners of the maze. Snatch up major diamonds in the water. It's hardest to avoid the Loch Ness Monster in the MIDDLE of the maze, because she will morph in through the walls of your shark cage! I stay in the left side or bottom or top, it's very possible to outrun Nessie as long as you don't go in the middle for too long, only do that to drop off diamonds.

4. To rid of the Loch Ness Monster,

To get rid of Nessie Monster, sit (near but not in) one of the four corner caves (touching the edge to the warp cave), when that "pink nightmare" is closing in (headed for you) wrestle the controller/joystick (left-right fast!) and push joystick into the escape cave! Don't just assume going straight will allow you to warp... you need to "wiggle it", just a lil' bit. Also, don't wait for Nessie too long, she bites on a poor collision detection, sometimes you think you outran her, (happends most in the bottom right warp cave) DON'T GET RID OF NESSIE THE MONSTER "AFTER" 100 POINTS LEARN TO WELCOME HER AND WORK AROUND HER. THE SHARK IS WAY WORSE AFTER 100 POINTS. 200 POINTS THE SHARK IS FAST AS LIGHTING!

5. Sticking to walls,

I noticed the right sides have the most problems gettin' stuck on the walls, if you get stuck, don't keep trying to push through unless you HAVE to. Just go backward, and around it.

6. Playing fast but careful

The sooner you get the diamonds cleared, the faster the next round of them starts.

Wait untill you reach 100 points before playing slower and careful... it's probably wise, to wait in the shark cage untill Nessie shows! Then you won't be shark food.

7. Returning Diamonds

This you can choose what feels comfortable to you... I like to collect quite a bit before dropping them off at the shark cage. I keep around (10) pieces of diamonds before

heading to drop off. Before the score hits 50, I like to collect all the diamonds (43) before moving on! I actually let go of all pieces of treasure at once, just remember to HIT FIRE button to close the cage door, when placing your treasure down.

8. HUGE TIP FOR 100+ POINTS,

After 100 points, practice dropping off your diamonds, even if Nessie is swimming around, sometimes she will not bother to kill you in your cage! I think shutting the door confuses her...? so drop off all your collected goods, and quickly exit, GOING left, down/up and into one of the warp cave corners fast. Right side of the cage has sticky parts, and I don't like to run from Nessie there, unless I have to. This is vital after 150 points, sure beats dealing with the shark.

• Like 1

Got to the next faster shark, but didn't last too long.

post-10944-0-98991000-1301633798_thumb.jpg

Looks like you beat your Twin-Galaxy score. Congrats, TOYMAILMAN! :thumbsup:

This time my goal is TO SCORE 100+ POINTS, NOT to beat your TG score, because my interest to play Shark Attack and another Apollo games is low.