IGNORED

run of bad luck

19Echo

Naah. Like I said. I find it hilarious..

Doesnt bother me a bit.. Just confuses people who don't know, who may have otherwise benefitted from your information..

But hey, as far as the magazine goes, as long as they are willing to continue to pay for something that confuses them, I guess you have nothing to worry about.

Do you actualy charge for advertising in that thing? If so, I hope they are very understanding too when you refer to their products by the wrong name.. And then try to make light of the whole situation like it doesnt matter, when someone corrects you in the interest of potential customers being able to actually recognize their products.

I'll second that. If you've tried that many computers and the MyIDE still doesn't work, I've found throwing it in the bin to be an excellent hardware solution. I love the old IDE-only cart I use, but the new Flash+IDE one I bought just doesn't work, and I am NOT prepared to start Phi2 modding my already Phi2 modded machines to try and tune them up to an interface which still might not work properly. I've experimented with driver error correction, and this device is so way off in never-never land that the driver can barely even detect the drive, let alone read anything meaningful from it. If you have to resort to "magic" fixes like putting the shielding back on... well, as MG says - if you're into that kind of thing.

Hey FlashJazzcat,

Did you replace the 74F245 with a 74HCT245 or 74LS245? That is one improvement that worked for me.

Did you know that you rather easy can 'downgrade' (I think it is an upgrade) your flash based myide to an "old fashioned" one?

There are two options:

Option one: remove only the flashrom on the myide. Sijmen told me: this will make the Flash Based MyIDE interface into a non-flash-based MyIDE (not tested)

Option two: remove both the gal AND the flashrom, and install the missing TTL IC's in the right place. In my version of the MyIDE there is place on the board to install the original TTL IC's. I'm not sure whether this is possible with the newer ones.

I prefer the non-flash versions too. I need compatibility and with the Flash OS I have too many programs that don't work.

Greetz

M.

Yeah - I actually socketed 74LS245 and tried an HCT245 in there instead. It didn't make any difference. I understand the LS is the best one anyway, and that's what was soldered onto the board in the first place.

My reason for purchasing the Flash cart was to get around the rather thorny problem of using a cart-based application as well as an external MyIDE and internal SDX. I already have the latter two elements working quite nicely, but it would have been nice to flash Mac/65 or Action! to the Flash cart and run it with the IDE hooked up via CAR at the SDX prompt. My intention was also to test developmental versions of the GUI using the MyIDE/Flash cart.

So really, removing the Flash component makes the interface doubly useless. Although, having said that, I guess the case is marginally better looking than that of the older cart. :)

Another obstacle in the way of solution 2 is that this particular board revision isn't designed to take the TTL ICs. It's GAL or nothing.

In any case, my tests so far have been conducted with the same set-up as most of the rest of the driver-testing contingent: MyIDE-driver-eqipped SDX build flashed to the cart. I invariably get "HDD not found" on every machine, so at least it's consistent.

I start to realize now why Sijmen's sector I/O routine grew into something so ponderous and exhaustive. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AVR studio requires .elf or .hex file. Where to download them? Is it possible to somehow convert the .bin file? Please help!

The current content of the ATMEGA is attached. The fuse bits are checked and OK.

test.rar

Edited by jvas