IGNORED

Mercenary : Escape from Targ & The Second City

Does anyone have the NTSC copies of Mercenary : Escape from Targ & The Second City, I can't find them on the net and the PAL Mercenary's won't run on a NTSC A8. :( Thanks!

Tested this on an emulator in NTSC and the Escape is working fine, the Second City, have no idea if that would work.

Mercenary and Second City maker.zip

Does anyone have the NTSC copies of Mercenary : Escape from Targ & The Second City, I can't find them on the net and the PAL Mercenary's won't run on a NTSC A8. :( Thanks!

Tested this on an emulator in NTSC and the Escape is working fine, the Second City, have no idea if that would work.

Thank's I'll try it out.

Thank's I'll try it out.

Ok, This Mercenary : Escape from Targ is the tape version it runs just fine but it's not compatible with disk version of the Second City. :(

Thank's I'll try it out.

Ok, This Mercenary : Escape from Targ is the tape version it runs just fine but it's not compatible with disk version of the Second City. :(

How about this? I pressed CTRL+L and chose 0 and it seemed to load fine on the second city

Mercenary Escape From Targ.zip

Thank's I'll try it out.

How about this? I pressed CTRL+L and chose 0 and it seemed to load fine on the second city

This seem to a PAL copy. :(

Mercenary was never released as a NTSC version, only the PAL~!

I had the game back in the day, here in NTSC land. ;) Hmm, let me try out game on the XEGM

I'm sure it was sold here, I just know it was not changed for NTSC machines... It's another Dropzone!

I had the game back in the day, here in NTSC land. ;) Hmm, let me try out game on the XEGM

I'm sure it was sold here, I just know it was not changed for NTSC machines... It's another Dropzone!

There must be a bug in with one on the net, I've beaten Escape from Targ and started working on The Second City before my 800XL killed over. Ok the tape version works of Mercenary : Escape from Targ maybe the tape version of The Second City works too for NTSC A8's

Edited by walter_J64bit

Are you sure? I would be surprised if the US Mercerary wasn't optimized since Encounter's NTSC version is different from the PAL. Also, I tried World Karate Championship and compared it to IK via emu and the former is definitely optmized for NTSC.

Drop Zone seems to be an odd case if it runs like it does on emu on an actual system. It runs faster than it PAL, but doesn't seem to be unplayable. For some reason, the game goes right to the title screen and lacks the logo animation in NTSC.

There are both PAL (published by Novagen) and NTSC (published by Datasoft) versions. Pictures of both packagings are available at Atarimania. The compendium release, Escape from Targ & Second City combo, was published only by Novagen.

The original european disk version doesn't run (correctly) on NTSC computers.

Also, I tried World Karate Championship and compared it to IK via emu and the former is definitely optmized for NTSC.

I can confirm that, I did a FlashCart version of this that patches itself according to detection of PAL/NTSC based upon the differences I found between the two implementations.

A Mercenary cart was also done but I wouldn't know if that would work with the Second City disk.

Also, I tried World Karate Championship and compared it to IK via emu and the former is definitely optmized for NTSC.

I can confirm that, I did a FlashCart version of this that patches itself according to detection of PAL/NTSC based upon the differences I found between the two implementations.

A Mercenary cart was also done but I wouldn't know if that would work with the Second City disk.

Is there a way to use the patch on the disk version Mercenary : Escape from Targ & The Second City?