IGNORED

HELP Paypal is screwing me

AtariLeaf

I had a dispute from a guy from Italy because he didn't get his package. So at the time I had a zero balance in the account so paypal took the money and I owed $38

I have since sold some things and brought the balance over zero. Now today he wants a refund which I was going to give him but right now I have zero in the account.

But wait! They already took the $38 out of my account because I lost $38 in sales when I brought the balance to zero again. Now they say they can't issue the refund because there's no money in my account. So it looks like they're trying to double dip???

I have 3 auctions ending tonight and since its less than 12 hours, I can't cancel the auctions and these people usually just paypal the money right away which means paypal is going to take my money and I'm going lose another $38. What to do???

:x:x:x:x:x:x

I had a dispute from a guy from Italy because he didn't get his package. So at the time I had a zero balance in the account so paypal took the money and I owed $38

I have since sold some things and brought the balance over zero. Now today he wants a refund which I was going to give him but right now I have zero in the account.

But wait! They already took the $38 out of my account because I lost $38 in sales when I brought the balance to zero again. Now they say they can't issue the refund because there's no money in my account. So it looks like they're trying to double dip???

I have 3 auctions ending tonight and since its less than 12 hours, I can't cancel the auctions and these people usually just paypal the money right away which means paypal is going to take my money and I'm going lose another $38. What to do???

Make a telephone call to either 402-935-2258 which is the corparate telephone number or the normal but hard to find customer service number 888-221-1161

The Customers service number should be of help if not you can complain to the corparate number

• Like 1

Call PayPal immediately. They aren't always helpful, but I have been able to get some traction with them in the past this way. Just be sure to write everything down and MAKE SURE to get the customer service person's name. I hope this works out for you leaf!

-edited-

Nice job with the numbers Benny, whoops Atari181 (I literally have a Benny Hill music CD playing in the background as I surf AA!) ... by all means, give 'em a call post haste. I had a deal go down once where it seemed like some double dipping was going on, but ScamPal rectified it.

And Italian buyers, from Italy that is. Pffft. Surprise! You broke the #1 golden rule when selling online: don't sell to Italia! More often than not, you will be screwed. Too many crooks over there.

Edited by save2600

Nice job with the numbers Benny... by all means, give 'em a call post haste. I had a deal go down once where it seemed like some double dipping was going on, but ScamPal rectified it.

And Italian buyers, from Italy that is. Pffft. Surprise! You broke the #1 golden rule when selling online: don't sell to Italia! More often than not, you will be screwed. Too many crooks over there.

I'd love to take the credit, but Atari81 had those numbers on the ready! (Good job 81!)

I usually just log in to my account and follow the "contact us" links which provide the customer service number, along with a call reference #. This helps eliminate some of the security questions and expedites the process a bit.

Nice job with the numbers Benny... by all means, give 'em a call post haste. I had a deal go down once where it seemed like some double dipping was going on, but ScamPal rectified it.

I'd love to take the credit, but Atari81 had those numbers on the ready! (Good job 81!)

I usually just log in to my account and follow the "contact us" links which provide the customer service number, along with a call reference #. This helps eliminate some of the security questions and expedites the process a bit.

Unfortunately I have had to use these numbers before. When trying to get anything done on the site, you usually get "canned" responses with little action. Talking with a live person definately helps a lot.

Yep found out the hard way now no international for me

Easy solution: Never ship to Italy. I swear almost every person I've dealt with from Italy has caused problems.

• Like 2

Yep found out the hard way now no international for me

International is fine (U.S., U.K., Germany, Australia, etc) - just try to be sure you know who you're dealing with and be sure to send in a timely manner. Also prudent to send to countries that allow tracking and insurance if you're hesitant. Italy is infamously bad and has been a problem country dealing online with for many years, bar none. Absolute worst.

If someone from a country insists you do not send it with tracking or insurance, right there is a red flag. BTW: I believe Italy is one of those countries that does allow insurance if you send priority or faster. U.K. and Canada too. There's some confusion as well at the post office as one clerk will tell you different from another, but I've been told the insurance number also acts as a tracking number. One clerk even told me the customs number on the customs form acts as "tracking". It can all be very mind boggling because then you come here and 5 people tell you 5 different things. lol

Staying away from Italia is the single best advice though. :lol:

Edited by save2600

Staying away from Italia is the single best advice though. :lol:

I agree, I think I've learned that lesson. Unfortunately that fellow in Poland was a side effect that I mentioned in that other thread because I'm no so paranoid on all international shipping. I think I'd only allow international if its directly through an AA member, but not on ebay.

The postage system is terrible in general in Italy, and that comes from someone I TRUST who lives in the country! I've always sent anything to Italy insured and tracked up to the nines. And surprise, it's always gotten to the destination without issue.

Don't let this put you off international shipping, just where you might ship to...

Edited by Mayhem

Don't let this put you off international shipping, just where you might ship to...

I suppose I could put a disclaimer in my auctions that anyone not in the US or Canada MUST pay for shipping with full tracking and insurance, as high as that may be. I think that's the only way I'd do it again.

I suppose I could put a disclaimer in my auctions that anyone not in the US or Canada MUST pay for shipping with full tracking and insurance, as high as that may be. I think that's the only way I'd do it again.

I can recommend a site that links many countries web tracking and is in english (most of the sites too)

http://www.track-trace.com/post

Is made for Ems shipments but can work with every kind, You just choose the destination country if an error message is displayed.

I never had the Italian site to work, and Royal mail (UK) don´t provide tracking, but there´s a good amount of countries there.

• Like 1

Word. I've heard nothing but bad things about selling to Italy.

Tempest

I got burned by a buyer on ePay/Italy around Christmas for $50. Claimed non-delivery. Once delivered (proof of tracking) they changed claim to not as described (that was a new trick). Paypal sided with them, since they mailed back a piece of cardboard with tracking (claiming they returned the item) to my mothers apartment (and she signed for it). :roll:

AX

I got burned by a buyer on ePay/Italy around Christmas for $50. Claimed non-delivery. Once delivered (proof of tracking) they changed claim to not as described (that was a new trick). Paypal sided with them, since they mailed back a piece of cardboard with tracking (claiming they returned the item) to my mothers apartment (and she signed for it). :roll:

AX

You should write a book with all the scams you have suffered all these years, bust 500 pages are a lot ;) :P

You have bad luck, man.

they mailed back a piece of cardboard with tracking (claiming they returned the item) to my mothers apartment

Look's like you've been having a stretch of bad luck with buyers, and I'm really sorry for you, but, man... That is pretty funny.

Yeah, I could write a book. I'll be 34 this year and to my calculations (business included) I've done to close to 50,000 online transactions as buyer or seller since my first at the age of 14 through prodigy, moving on to AOL, usenet, eBay, Amazon, my own site, then back to eBay, Amazon, and forums. That's around 7 a day for the past two decades on average. I don't think my problem transaction percentage is much worse than most, only that I have a larger volume. You don't hear about the 99 good deals out of 100. Just the one dud. I do stress myself by taking on way more than I should. I'm a multitasker, so problems tend to upset me more than perhaps they should, due to my frenzied pace.

AX