IGNORED

HELP Paypal is screwing me

AtariLeaf

they mailed back a piece of cardboard with tracking (claiming they returned the item) to my mothers apartment

Look's like you've been having a stretch of bad luck with buyers, and I'm really sorry for you, but, man... That is pretty funny.

Comes with the territory, you eat 2 raw eggs, you probably will not get stung with salmonella, you eat 1000 of them and likely one will get you :D

2 good buying experiences from Italy.

1 selling experience went sour, a real jerk. The length he went to to play games was almost humourous if it wasnt so devious.

As an retired airline employee with unlimited air passes for life, I can fly return to Europe on a pass that would cost me peanuts. I actually entertained the idea of flying over there for a day just to go to Guido's house and flatten the tires on his Fiat, drink a grappa or two and fly home with a smile.

• Like 6

2 good buying experiences from Italy.

1 selling experience went sour, a real jerk. The length he went to to play games was almost humourous if it wasnt so devious.

As an retired airline employee with unlimited air passes for life, I can fly return to Europe on a pass that would cost me peanuts. I actually entertained the idea of flying over there for a day just to go to Guido's house and flatten the tires on his Fiat, drink a grappa or two and fly home with a smile.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Italy is pretty bad. Their customs is terrible as well. Same with Germany. I won't even ship anything First Class to Germany anymore. U-PIC insurance makes you wait 60-days before you can put in a claim for Italy. This is the ONLY country that is 60-days. All others are 45-days.

If the total order is over $75 (this includes shipping) I always insure internationally. I also insure any order over $100 (not including shipping) domestic. I don't bother with USPS insurance because first time I ever tried it took about 6 months to get my check for the reimbursement after I put int he claim.

U-PIC will work with you. If the customer refuses to cooperate and you prove they are screwing you through PayPal they will still insure it.

If you use Endicia.com, they use U-PIC for their insurance.

• 11 months later...

I recently shipped a package to a AA member in Germany. This was not my first time shipping there, but the last couple times were books from Amazon, and this was a box. Went by First Class International, which according to the USPS is suposed to be about 6-10 business days.

At the same time I shipped a box to England.

The package to England got there in about 10 days.

The package to Germany took just over a month. :-o

So, it was slow, but it DID get there.

That said, I'd never ship anything to Italy. Spain neither.

I stopped selling to any countries other than the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia and Japan a few years back on ebay, just not worth the hassle and Italy and Spain were the reasons i did this, the next worse was buyers here in the U.S., but most of that was corrected when ebay/paypal started the tracking thing, then like AX said the popular thing was not they did not receive the item, but it was "not as described" does not happen all that often, but enough to make me question selling on ebay, which i don't do much anymore.

I always ship internationally w/tracking and all that. I also tell buyer before they buy I'm not responsible for package after it gets to the PO. Whether that would hold up, I don't know but I think it deters scammers.

As far as the customs number being tracking, it does show up under track and confirm up to a point. Once it is outside of us it generally does nothing. I have also heard that online numbers, say through pp don't work at all. I always do every international package by hand at PO. This way I can press super hard on customs form and match the addresses to the customs number, as proof it was sent.

I always ship internationally w/tracking and all that. I also tell buyer before they buy I'm not responsible for package after it gets to the PO. Whether that would hold up, I don't know but I think it deters scammers.

It wouldn't, in eBay's eyes it is the seller's responsibility for the package until the point it is sitting in the hands of the buyer. If it goes AWOL, then it's the seller's job to hassle the mailing system to find it.

It wouldn't, in eBay's eyes it is the seller's responsibility for the package until the point it is sitting in the hands of the buyer. If it goes AWOL, then it's the seller's job to hassle the mailing system to find it.

Which is totally BS. If I was sending a item to you, for example, how is it my fault if the USPS or the British postal system loses the item? I can prove to EBay and the buyer that I shipped the item and that should be that.

Which is totally BS. If I was sending a item to you, for example, how is it my fault if the USPS or the British postal system loses the item? I can prove to EBay and the buyer that I shipped the item and that should be that.

This is how eBay and Amazon works. If you dont like it, you could build your own web site. Amazon will back you up if you use signature confirmation though. Not sure about ebay. Seller is responsible all the way to the buyer.

BTW, I am 0 for 3 on Italy shipments. 2 for 2 on Spain. 19 for 20 on Great Britain. 1 for 2 on Brazil I will ship to Brazil but only EMS. Have not shipped anything else to Italy in 4 years so have not had to decide yet. I may still send it to these countries with U-pic insurance since I have heard good things about them and I use endicia

Former eastern European countries are my favorite. Every shipment made its way over there.

Edited by Almost Rice