IGNORED

New game released: DOWNFALL!

CyranoJ

• 1 month later...

I watched the video for Downfall, interesting looking game. It reminds me of the elevator shaft level on X-Men 2: Clone Wars for the Sega Genesis. There are several levels in the Sega game that are loosely based upon classic platform games (for example, Donkey Kong). I never knew that the elevator shaft level, which is brilliant, was based upon an earlier game, though, as I had never seen or played anything like it before.

The Atari Jaguar developers Reboot of JagWare have today announced the release of Downfall, a freely available game for the Atari Jaguar game console. The game was released at the AC 2011 party in France this weekend. Downfall is inspired by the games Spike Goes Down (Vectrex) and Man Goes Down (Atari 2600), both created by Alex Herbert.

The object of Downfall is to guide your character through a never-ending chasm on a series of platforms, carefully avoiding rising above or dropping below the viewable area of the screen. Reboot have released the game free for download in ROM, BJL, and CDI format. The source code to the game is also freely available to download from the Downfall website.

We hope you all have as much fun with it as we have had making it.

PRESS THE BUTTON!

I want to say "Thank you!" for this game. I made a CD last night and me and my family were playing it for a long time.

Four of us taking turns, having lots of fun.

Great work.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid all the Downfall links on the AtariAge homepage are broken. I tried them one by one and got 404'd each time. :(

The reboot site moved from dbug to atari.org so all links to the dbug site are now down. I'll see if we can get the links form AA fixed between us.

I want to second that Thank You.

Except for one evening to try Robinsons Requeim it is the only game I have been playing. I only get to play once or twice a week but I am still having a blast playing. Any yes I still suck at it but that is not going to stop me.

The Atari Jaguar developers Reboot of JagWare have today announced the release of Downfall, a freely available game for the Atari Jaguar game console. The game was released at the AC 2011 party in France this weekend. Downfall is inspired by the games Spike Goes Down (Vectrex) and Man Goes Down (Atari 2600), both created by Alex Herbert.

The object of Downfall is to guide your character through a never-ending chasm on a series of platforms, carefully avoiding rising above or dropping below the viewable area of the screen. Reboot have released the game free for download in ROM, BJL, and CDI format. The source code to the game is also freely available to download from the Downfall website.

We hope you all have as much fun with it as we have had making it.

PRESS THE BUTTON!

I want to say "Thank you!" for this game. I made a CD last night and me and my family were playing it for a long time.

Four of us taking turns, having lots of fun.

Great work.

• Like 3

Get them at the reboot website. http://reboot.atari.org

Excellent. Thanks! Now if I can just remember how to burn a working Jag CD, I'll be playing too.

(I've got Protector SE, but obviously I can't just drop the code onto a disc as a file and burn it - I'd just have a Mac/Windows disc with a file on it.)

Get them at the reboot website. http://reboot.atari.org

Excellent. Thanks! Now if I can just remember how to burn a working Jag CD, I'll be playing too.

(I've got Protector SE, but obviously I can't just drop the code onto a disc as a file and burn it - I'd just have a Mac/Windows disc with a file on it.)

http://reboot.atari.org/features/juggling/juggle.html

Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just to let everyone know, we just released a port of Downfall to the Atari Falcon:

http://reboot.atari.org/downfall-f030/downfall-falcon.html

The Falcon version has a few enhancements over the Jag version (namely the fantastic looking backgrounds), so go check it out if you have a Falcon or the latest version of Hatari with TOS 4.04!

• Like 8

Just to let everyone know, we just released a port of Downfall to the Atari Falcon:

http://reboot.atari....all-falcon.html

The Falcon version has a few enhancements over the Jag version (namely the fantastic looking backgrounds), so go check it out if you have a Falcon or the latest version of Hatari with TOS 4.04!

...that is for the 6 people who own a Falcon.

*wishing*

AX

http://reboot.atari....all-falcon.html

...that is for the 6 people who own a Falcon.

*wishing*

AX

I'd love to own a Falcon!

Lol good god they still obsessing over Gorf? He hasn't been on these forums for what, over a year now?

More like a jape at the other idiots who kept spouting the "GPU in main" mantra even though they had no f'ing clue what it even meant. But that sample was in the Jag version as well, which was released a good 6 or 7 months ago.

• Like 4