IGNORED

Omnimon XL still around?

Mclaneinc

Omnimon, at least for the XL/XE, is just a replacement ROM but there was is also a PCB called the RamrodXL that allowed switching between 3 OS ROMS.

These days it's more practical to have multiple OS's on a single EPROM(or flash ROM), but the RamrodXL is good for those who have original ROMs.

Dropcheck sells a reproduction of the RamrodXL and also an adapter for the larger EPROM containing multiple OS's(she is currently out of stock on the second).

www.bitsofthepast.com/

Reimaged Ramrod XL Adapter: $35.00

4in1 OS Adapter: $15.00

Many thanks BillC!

Never had the ramrod OS when I brought my Omnimon, I was lucky to have a wonderful friend froma company called detail dynamics build / solder a 3 in one stacked set of OS chips with a switch etc to use in my 130XE, clever chap Mr Tuttle...Made the board for the Atari that Computer house in the UK scammed...

Going back to the thread, 32 in 1 never happened for me, as someone said, it was overkill, 2 or 3 OS chips is way enough..

Mind you, still waiting to hear from John Lawson when he finishes the new version of Ultimon for the Atari...It (at last contact) is coming, slow but sure...

• Like 1

Looking through all my old stuff I found two Omnimon plug-in boards for the old Atari 800, an actual RAMROD MMOS board still in the box with the docs for a 800,

and a small Rambo XL board with a long five wire connector attached to it. Anyone have any idea what the Rambo XL board is?

Thanks,

DavidMil

I'm looking to upgrade my OS in my 800XL too, what chip does what? :? Ok if I read this wright under operating system enhancements XL/XE http://www.atarimax.com/freenet/freenet_material/12.AtariLibrary/3.TimeCapsule/showarticle.php?335 the OSNXL OS has the FASTCHIP XL floating point routines and has compatible with the 400/800 OS too wright?

Hi Walter-

Yes. There are essentially two choices:

OSNXL which has fast FP + Omnimon and is a 400/800 OS replacement.

Omniview (in several forms XL, XE, 256) which has the 80-column display + ramdisk drivers and is also a 400/800 OS replacement..

In general, Omniview is a little more compatible with some 800 stuff. Both are good. So if you have the XLXE Os + the two others, you have a nice full-featured system. Not enough good things to say about Omnimon XL!

I'll try to get the docs for the RamRod XL posted today so you can read all about it.

Sorry the pdf quality isn't better, but that's the best I could get with my original docs.

BTW, your link above doesn't seem to work.

-Larry

RamRod XL.pdf