IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 6 Sinistar

post-22103-0-80959300-1304353919_thumb.png post-22103-0-90011900-1304353934_thumb.png

Settings -

Survivor Level (Default)

3 Ships (Default)

Auto or Manual Shooting - your choice

Deadline to post scores May 16th 2011 at 11AM EST

The All Time 5200 HSC Record - None Yet!

Final high scores -

1. sdamon (284,970) +11 points

2. atariron82 (266,427) +10 points

3. rmaerz (107,275) +9 points

4. zylon (82,560) +8 points

5. BydoEmpire (70,735) +7 points

6. roadrunner (19,865) +6 points

7. doctorclu (18,650) +5 points

Current standings -

Points -

sdamon - 58

atariron82 - 53

DensB68 - 44

roadrunner - 40

NoahsMyBro - 31

doctorclu - 26

rxd - 19

BydoEmpire - 14

Gabriel - 13

zylon - 12

NML32 - 11

peedenmark7 - 7

rmaerz - 4

Rounds won -

doctorclu - 2

sdamon - 2

NoahsMyBro - 1

rxd - 1

Good luck everyone.

Any corrections please post.

Edited by roadrunner

I didn't do too good at Sinistar in the Arcade/MAME HSC and i'm not doing too good at this version either.

Don't feel too bad, not much better here... 18,650.

Even back in the arcade I never could quite understand this game. I think the epic quotes were what made this game "Beware I Hunger!" Pretty scary stuff.

Aside from that, what is with the movement of the ship? In space and making sharp turns? What the heck? And everything seems to be at a diagonal angle? What is that all about?

And how do you destroy a Sinistar when it appears?

Aside from that, what is with the movement of the ship? In space and making sharp turns? What the heck? And everything seems to be at a diagonal angle? What is that all about?

There are three bad guys in this game: miners, warriors and Sinistar.

You need to mine crystals out of the planetoids (by shooting them and collecting the crystals) to build sinibombs. At the same time, the miners are stealing the crystals to build Sinistar.

The warriors are the guys trying to kill you.

When Sinistar has 20 pieces, he is completely built (Beware I Live).

It takes 13 sinibombs to destroy Sinistar. When he appears on the screen, press the button on your controller to unload sinibombs on Sinistar. When he is destroyed, you move on to the next level and the game ramps up in difficulty from there.

• Like 1

There are three bad guys in this game: miners, warriors and Sinistar.

You need to mine crystals out of the planetoids (by shooting them and collecting the crystals) to build sinibombs. At the same time, the miners are stealing the crystals to build Sinistar.

The warriors are the guys trying to kill you.

When Sinistar has 20 pieces, he is completely built (Beware I Live).

It takes 13 sinibombs to destroy Sinistar. When he appears on the screen, press the button on your controller to unload sinibombs on Sinistar. When he is destroyed, you move on to the next level and the game ramps up in difficulty from there.

Good tips. :thumbsup:

Edited by roadrunner

I didn't do too good at Sinistar in the Arcade/MAME HSC and i'm not doing too good at this version either.

Don't feel too bad, not much better here... 18,650.

Even back in the arcade I never could quite understand this game. I think the epic quotes were what made this game "Beware I Hunger!" Pretty scary stuff.

Welcome back to the 5200 HSC doctorclu! :)

Edited by roadrunner

FWIW, I have the Sinistar record (Coward Level) on Twin Galaxies by virtue of it being an inaugural score

I can't even see the high scores on twin galaxies no more unless i sign up. :(

I think it's a much greater achievement to hold one of the AtariAge High Score Club All Time Records. :) :cool:

We don't hide our scores from people around here. :) :cool:

The third wave is really starting to get tough; the planetoids seem to offer up fewer crystals for mining and the Sinistar gets built rather quickly. If you get more than 2-3 crystals behind and you hear "Beware, I live!", you are as good as Toast! I doesn't matter if you have 3 or more ships left, once that Monster bears down on you, fugghetaboutit!

post-21471-0-02089800-1304935744_thumb.jpg

Coward level is a great way to learn this game. The Sinistar doesn't rebuild nearly as fast :) :

I broke 300K!

post-21471-0-62168900-1304936084_thumb.jpg

At one point i had 20 sinibombs and i still couldn't beat the first Sinistar. :(

Happens every time I play. I beat the first Sinistar the day I got the game and never have since. :(

Coward level is a great way to learn this game. The Sinistar doesn't rebuild nearly as fast :) :

Sinistar is not supposed to rebuild on the first level, which it does in this translation on the Survivor level. It's only supposed to rebuild on the second level and higher.

If you are using the 5200 hardware to play this game, you'll find the controls work against you. It's almost impossible to get the right location on the planetoid to mine crystals along with shooting warriors. I've found that you have to be practically on top of the warrior in order to kill them.

The third wave is really starting to get tough; the planetoids seem to offer up fewer crystals for mining and the Sinistar gets built rather quickly. If you get more than 2-3 crystals behind and you hear "Beware, I live!", you are as good as Toast! I doesn't matter if you have 3 or more ships left, once that Monster bears down on you, fugghetaboutit!

post-21471-0-02089800-1304935744_thumb.jpg

I broke 300K!

post-21471-0-62168900-1304936084_thumb.jpg

You broke the Twin Galaxies world record. :thumbsup: I don't think they accept screenshots. :(