IGNORED

Game Remake that NEEDS to be done!

calling the Mario Kart games "remakes" is like calling Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 remakes of the original. the proper word you are looking for is sequel, and considering most of my Wii time is spent playing against friends in different countries, I wouldn't mind another one for Wii. sadly, the next one will be on 3DS.

as for remakes: Tempest, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Snow Bros...

... an updated version of Donkey Kong Arcade ...

I'd totally go for a remake of Donkey Kong GB. That's a totally fun puzzle/platformer!

I'd like to see Crystalis done on the 360.

I second this motion. A little improvement with the hit detection and some cell-shaded graphic. Something in the style of Castle Crashers!

I'd like to see a modern version of Custers Revenge.

I nearly pissed myself when I read this ...

And for my 2 cents ...

Balloon Fight HD Remix!

• M.U.L.E
  • Koronis Rift would be hot. Heck, I'd settle for a Koronis Rift 'usability hack.'
  • X-Com
  • Wing Commander: Privateer
  • Master Of Orion (it needs a reboot from fresh much more than another sequel)
  • Night Driver

Edited by Reaperman

Custer's Revenge doesn't need a sequel...it needs to be killed with fire!!!

LMAO! The theme was bad on that one, but I can't say that it was a terrible game really. Its an oddity for sure, but death by fire? Its strangly funny to see it put that way I guess.

I'd like to see a Crusader: no regret/no remorse remake, in first or third person view. Though i think a third game could have been released as well 15 years ago with the action shifting to earth and Silencer taking the evil US president.

We were dissapointed that the series was cancelled.

It was one of the best third person shooters

Tecmo Super Bowl (NES). Leave the gameplay exactly the same, but update the graphics and add features like:

*Create/trade players

*Online play

*More playbook options (I require a Fake Punt play!)

*Expand depth chart

*Ability to put any player at any position/wildcat formations

*Be able to control punt rushers

*Record stats for multiple seasons

*Draft teams

Basically make it like Madden, but play like Tecmo.:)

Resident Evil 2 (PSX): Capcom needs to do with RE2 what they did with the RE remake on Gamecube. Even making it like RE4 would be cool.

Alien Trilogy (PSX): Use the AvP engine or something, but without the stupid AvP plot. Hopefully this is basically what Aliens: Colonial Marines will be.

Actually, we should cook up a quick plan for what "needs" a remake. If the game was good in the original form, widely accessible, and free from any major flaws which ruined the experience, it doesn't need a remake, I think. It just needs to be played. Games that need to be remade are those that had high, high potential but are seriously flawed in some way; or those that are very good but saw limited release on some obscure system.

Some games that had high potential but serious flaws are relatively recent. Fragile Dreams, for one.

I'd be more interested in HD re-releases with upgraded resolution/textures and possibly integrated online multiplayer. Kind of like what they did with the original Perfect Dark, that was pretty slick.

Basically I want my old games with better graphics and little in the way of "re-imagining"

I would pay good money if Streets of Rage 4 finally came out though. Hell, Sega should be THANKING the Streets of Rage Remake guys and sending them a check for the game and putting it on XBL/PSN...instead they C&D them... =(

• Like 1

Oh, games that need remakes because the original was flawed but had potential?

Tunnel B1, of course! I want to like this game, but it gets boring. Does have a good atmosphere, and a remake would REALLY be immersive!

I think Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain would be cool to see in 3D and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver would be much better if the game engine was updated to play more like Soul Reaver 2. We haven't seen any Legacy of Kain games for years. Tony Jay, the usual voice actor for the main villain passed away after Legacy of Kain: Defiance, but the old voice samples could easily be re-used.

As far as a new villain goes, if they were to make a sequel to Defiance, the Elder God was defeated anyway. Who would like to see Kain have to fight some new enemy?