IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Genesis 1 with 1st model SegaCD, boxed "The Secret of Monkey Island", incomplete boxed "Vay", King's Quest for the SMS, Shining in the Darkness, Fatal Labyrinth (all boxed), Sol Feace, the Sega Classics Arcade Collection/Sherlock Holmes pack-in, loose SCD games Chuck Crock and Cobra Command, and loose cartridges of Sonic 2 and Phantasy Star II and III with hookups and controllers for only $20 at a yard sale. The best part is everything WORKS!

Haven't posted on here in a long time.

I found today, a bunch of great stuff, all free, all in the TRASH!

1 - 2600 Jr. (No Hook-ups, but pristine including protective strip along metal)

36 - 2600 Games, 2 R3s, Blue Text Label Activisons.... CHOPPER COMMAND & ENDURO will post other names later with pic... camera is dead, and I am not near the games

1 - 7800 Game, Choplifter! I have like 10 copies..... but it was FREE

1 - MCS Tape Deck Model 3555, I have Model 3556 already, ain't that insane?

6 - VHS Tapes, mostly crap, but had a copy of Jerry McGuire, descent flic

5 - Novel Books, I got them for a friend who read fiction

2 - Candles, one of like pheasants and stuff

66 - Plastic bags, about the size of Atari Manuals

The dumpster at this flea market is often better than the flea market itself. I left behind about 200 8-tracks, no joke.... a working vacuum cleaner (I tested it, then decided I didn't want it, lol), lots of particle board furniture, plates galore (mostly plastic crap) some vases and smaller ceramic do-dads.

In the past, from the same dumpster, I found my beloved 8-track player, because the one I bought back in the day died long ago. It works, but on occasion is gets the "drags" and I cram a book of matches up in under it, and it chugs along in tape like audio fashion. I also found a keyboard to my media center computer, it was a cool like micro Compaq keyboard, it was so small, and I just had to have it.

I often go to this flea market to just get crap for free.

--James

Edited by TuzenTCA

Just got back .. Bought an Atari 2600 (Woody) with PSU , 2 joysticks and games : Fast Food , M*A*S*H , Marine Wars , Bugs , Strategy X , Frankenstien`s Monster , Demolition Herby , Centipede , Asteroids and Pac-Man & Defender . It cost me like Lm3.00 (About $8 USD)

36 - 2600 Games, some R4s and R5s, will post names later with pic... camera is dead, and I am not near the games

The dumpster at this flea market is often better than the flea market itself. I left behind about 200 8-tracks, no joke.... a working vacuum cleaner (I tested it, then decided I didn't want it, lol), lots of particle board furniture, plates galore (mostly plastic crap) some vases and smaller ceramic do-dads.

In the past, from the same dumpster, I found my beloved 8-track player, because the one I bought back in the day died long ago. It works, but on occasion is gets the "drags" and I cram a book of matches up in under it, and it chugs along in tape like audio fashion. I also found a keyboard to my media center computer, it was a cool like micro Compaq keyboard, it was so small, and I just had to have it.

--James

Wow is all i can say .. You lucky ...

Edited by dougal

Genesis 1 with 1st model SegaCD, boxed "The Secret of Monkey Island", incomplete boxed "Vay", King's Quest for the SMS, Shining in the Darkness, Fatal Labyrinth (all boxed), Sol Feace, the Sega Classics Arcade Collection/Sherlock Holmes pack-in, loose SCD games Chuck Crock and Cobra Command, and loose cartridges of Sonic 2 and Phantasy Star II and III with hookups and controllers for only $20 at a yard sale. The best part is everything WORKS!

Very nice. :D

36 - 2600 Games, some R4s and R5s, will post names later with pic... camera is dead, and I am not near the games

--James

Who would throw away and Atari and that many games? :-o

Thanks, Kevin. Heh.. "Vay" is actually the first RPG I've played where you suffer sudden-death for entering an area without the proper equipment. :P

I forgot to mention it was all in a big protective display case! I went back today to the flea market to tell my buddies that are vendors there, and they said the woman was asking $20.00 for the lot, but they guess no one bought it, so I found it in the trash. It was all really nice, and the 2600 Jr. works too!

I went back today and found another TI-99/4A, it is in fairly good shape. It has all the documentation, with the speech synthesizer, the tape recorder, the controllers, and about 7 games.... I think I have them all, but hey, I only paid $.50 cents for all of it!

I also got this kick ass owl print, like my grandmother has, I am so going to play a trick on her, like her painting is duplicating.

Enjoy the attached photos.

--James

--James

Wow is all i can say .. You lucky ...

I guess so. I never usually get anything, but hey, when it rains, it pours.

--James

Who would throw away and Atari and that many games? :-o

Someone who was mad at not selling them.

post-5435-1146421635_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1146421857_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1146422085_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1146422198_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1146422314_thumb.jpg

Edited by TuzenTCA
  • Like 1

You've got to send that picture of the instructions to http://www.engrish.com/ and let them have fun with it. :D

It ticks me off that someone would just toss out a perfectly good Atari 2600jr. At least you managed to get a nice TI Home Computer with some gear for 50¢. What games came with it? I'm guessing ultra commons, but still, i'd like to hear what 'ya picked up for a couple quarters.

i dont remember if i posted this, if so im sorry

couple days b4 christmas i saw a 5200 sticking out of the snow. Did A U TURN and ran to it. under it a box of 30 games and controlers and hookups, worked fast got all snow off with no damage, everything worked except the controlers

I got a few things down in San Antonio this weekend. First of all, at a computer swap show, I got a box of fourteen DirectJet Appletalk boards for $10. Why did I want them? Because every one of them has a 16-bit EPROM (and all but four were socketed), and I'm trying to save up for the day when I start working with the Genesis. I also got a box of Laserjet 5 color toner thingies for $5. No black, and mostly yellow, but I can drop off some of the excess at work (there's an LJ5M there) and with someone else I know who has an LJ5M.

Afterwards, I drove across town to check out the Goodwill computer store. I was needing a cheap router box, and while there was one for $5 at the computer show, it used a wierd 3-pin power plug, which the guy didn't have. So I paid $20 for one that would take a regular 9V 1A (AC or DC) brick. I also got a JKB-106S Justy Japanese keyboard for $10. Apparently this model has some fans in Japan.

Then I went to an old computer store that I've found stuff at many years ago (including a big find once that had a 2600 Crazy Climber and 2600 Spy Hunter) and found some Genesis games there. The best find was Zany Golf (R6) for $8 with box, instructions, and reg card. I also got Pro Moves Soccer $5 (CBI), World Chapionship Soccer $4 (CBI), World Championship Soccer II $4 (CBI), ESPN National Hockey Night $4 (CBI plus poster and reg card), and Dennis Miller That's News To Me for 3DO $5.

Then I went to a thrift which usually has good finds, and got Ken Griffey Jr. Winning Run (SNES) loose for $2.10 (it was 30% off), and a USR Courier V.Everything external modem for a buck and a half (it was 50% off).

On the way home today I got a Playstation controller extension cord for $2, and a junker 286 for $4 (worth it for the two EPROMs, and 5 1/4" floppy)

Thanks, Kevin. Heh.. "Vay" is actually the first RPG I've played where you suffer sudden-death for entering an area without the proper equipment. :P

Vay is quite rare I believe too. In VGC mag its listed as being worth $35 CIB.

You've got to send that picture of the instructions to http://www.engrish.com/ and let them have fun with it. :D

It ticks me off that someone would just toss out a perfectly good Atari 2600jr. At least you managed to get a nice TI Home Computer with some gear for 50¢. What games came with it? I'm guessing ultra commons, but still, i'd like to hear what 'ya picked up for a couple quarters.

Not only were they ultra commons, they were ultra dupes..... 3 copies of TI Invader, and 3 Copies of Munch Man. but it was 50 cents, for all the stuff, so you can't complain. I didn't really look at what was there, I was on my way out, and he was like "50 Cent for the whole bucket." I took the deal.

Here are some better photos of the TI haul.

--James

post-5435-1146454129_thumb.jpg

post-5435-1146454254_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Another Day, Another Megadrive.

for $10

Megadrive II with 2 three button controllers and hookups

Greendog

Daffy Duck in hollywood

sonic 2

Sonic 3

Turbo outrun

Marko's magic football

Aladdin (lose)

columns

lemmings

Battletoads

And just yesterday I sold a Megadrive with Mortal Kombat 2 to a friend :lol:

Saw an NES with 2 controllers, 2 zappers and Adventure island at Goodwill the other day. $20 though - so I passed. I wouldn't have minded a spare NES, but that was too rich for my blood.

I did hit a store that has a few used games, sometimes has good classic stuff and picked up a boxed Legacy of the Wizard and Rampage for the NES - I think I paid $2 since I had a few bucks of store credit already that I put towards it.

Hit several thrifts today, found very little. Bought Total Eclipse for the 3DO for $4.94. At the Irving Goodwill store, I bought an unopened shrinkwrapped copy of Feel The Magic XY/XX for the Nintendo DS for $4.99. I also bought a TI-99/4A cartridge, Indoor Soccer, for 59¢, just out of pity. I passed on a few Sega Genesis commons, a copy of Asteroids for the 2600, and Parsec for the TI. They also had heaps of old IBM PC software laying around, but not for other machines. I wish I could walk into a thrift one of these days and find some Amiga or Atari ST software, just once.