IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I never see Smurf glasses at the thrift stores but I have seen them at an up-scale thrift for about $6 each. Wish I could have paid less for the Pac-Man glass but it is in perfect shape so I thought it was worth $5. It has been quite a few years ago that I found a box of 2600 fairly common games for $4. At that time I had very few games so I was stoked!

Today I got a Pac-Man drinking glass for $5. It is really different and detailed and goes great with my Pac_man ashtray!

post-7503-1166837918_thumb.jpg

post-7503-1166837992_thumb.jpg

I have a similar glass, it has the design from your first photo but the glass is giant beer mug. It's like 3 lbs and almost 9 inches tall. Got it for a buck at goodwill several years ago, also got a couple garfield mugs like that as well.

I have a similar glass, it has the design from your first photo but the glass is giant beer mug. It's like 3 lbs and almost 9 inches tall. Got it for a buck at goodwill several years ago, also got a couple garfield mugs like that as well.

I've seen a SMB2 mug like that with a matching glass kitchen jar in a junk shop locally, I just haven't had a chance to go get them yet.

Nice X-mas for you Dusk!

Edited by Wester

Today I got a Pac-Man drinking glass for $5. It is really different and detailed and goes great with my Pac_man ashtray!

I got that glass for Christmas, as a matter of fact. it looks like the Arby's promo glass my wife scored for me.

A giant Pac-Man beer mug? I will be searching for that little item for years to come. THAT would go with my ashtray even better.

A giant Pac-Man beer mug? I will be searching for that little item for years to come. THAT would go with my ashtray even better.

Yes its pretty cool. It probably holds 3+ beers. I used to see tons of these types of glasses (in a variety of characters) at thrift stores around here but lately they seem to have disappeated.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out in case I come across another one!

I like that ashtray! LOL

I bought 4 glasses online last year (ebay). Total was $8 plus shipping. I got two of the beer mug looking ones... and two of the ones you got. Then I bought a coffee mug last year! Great stuff! I always look for these things at goodwills but never find them.

Left a 2600 power supply--price $1.

Found a damaged Infiltrate blue label cart also for $1. The shell was ok on the outside, but it's missing the post that holds the board in place. I threaded a screw down into the cart shell where the post would be and secured the board.

The main label came right off, and the end label was missing. I have to print an end label and re stick the main one.

Good times. :)

I've been scooping up a bunch of $1 Sega Genesis carts for their shells, and I just got a bunch from Dusk2600 too.

I also found an Outrun 2019 for Genesis with box and instructions for $5.

ouch 1.00 each cart! i know of some places that sell there reletively cheap, pm me later. Ps glad u got them :)

Yes its pretty cool. It probably holds 3+ beers. I used to see tons of these types of glasses (in a variety of characters) at thrift stores around here but lately they seem to have disappeated.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out in case I come across another one!

its most likely a Liter stien..

I'm useing one right now.. hey.. I'm not called the BeerGnome for nuthin y'know ;)

and not thrift related.. but a dear freind just passed along to me his old atari Lynx!

seems to work all right.. I shoved some questionable batteries into it and got a mess of verticale lines on the screen.. but good sound..

and the sound.. oye.. the retaining screw for the volume pot is gone so the damn thing is just flopping around at full blast..

soon shall be repaired..

lets see.. included games...

gates of zendocon

xenophobe

rampage

robosquash

checkerd flag

guantlet

rygar

klax

electrocop

APB

and block out

all in a convient carrying case for the low low price of free!

Today, found the following items at GW:

NES power pad - $4

N64 w/power supply - $4

apf/tv fun pong unit (bady corroded battery compartment) - free

Anyone know what size battery eliminator the apf pong unit uses? I'm assuming 9v dc center positive? Don't really wont to fry the thing, but do want to try playing it.

Edited by Prodos8