IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found a lot of good 45's with picture sleeves, most in great condition. The amusing thing is, many of them have Jazzercise routines folded up inside.

Ah, the days of '80s aerobics...

so what are you saying here?

that there were ripped out pictures from a jazzersize routine magazine stashed in the record sleeves?

Received the following 2600 games from EricDeLee:

Where's that thrift store located? Never heard of it.

This really has turned into any good finds or purchases, 99.9% of these finds are non thrift.

anyways my purchases today

32.00 total

Ps1:

parasite eve complete mint

Ps2:

Narc

true crime

DC:

out trigger

evil dead

house of the dead 2

resident evil code veronica

light gun

Free:

2 disk gameshark for ps2

tekken 2 ps1

Buy 2 sell...

Edited by Dusk2600

Received the following 2600 games from EricDeLee:

Where's that thrift store located? Never heard of it.

Everyone seems to put what they receive or find in here that deals with classic games.

Found at my LOCAL THRIFT last night.

N64, Power supply, and Multi-Out 2.00

Bomberman 64 1.99

GoldenEye 007 64 1.99

GameShark .99

Found a lot of good 45's with picture sleeves, most in great condition. The amusing thing is, many of them have Jazzercise routines folded up inside.

Ah, the days of '80s aerobics...

so what are you saying here?

that there were ripped out pictures from a jazzersize routine magazine stashed in the record sleeves?

Not pictures, but photocopies of written routines, presumably used by the Jazzercise leader. I'm guessing some '80s fitness pro decided to get rid of his or her old record collection.

Also found another CD of the first Traveling Wilburys album, which typically goes for a mint on eBay. Since I already have one, I'm willing to trade this one for Atari or other video game bits I'm looking for, if anyone's interested.

Acquired a 3rd-party Datasette recorder for the C64/128 with a C-16/Plus4 adapter for four bucks (before student discount) at a Goodwill on the south area of Orlando (near the tourist vicinity). Despite having been from a smoker's house, the recorder works perfectly. I loaded up all five tape games I have so far (Pooyan, Gauntlet, Xevious, Double Dragon II, Pac-Mania), and each of them worked beautifully (save for Xevious, which crashes due to problems with NTSC timing). This is compared to my old, OLD C2N recorder that I've had all my life (and after cleaning the read/write heads). Certainly worth the price.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter for the Japanese Sega Saturn, complete with all packaging, including the outer box and the 4MB RAM expansion cartridge. $4. Not too shabby.

Now I just need a way to actually play Japanese Saturn games.

2 weeks ago i had a cart forsale :(

Now I just need a way to actually play Japanese Saturn games.

2 weeks ago i had a cart forsale :(

That's all right, those carts are easy to find. The irony is that to play this game I'll have to get a cart that doubles as a region-free player and a RAM expansion, so it wasn't really essential to find the game with the cart. I'm certainly not complaining though, since the complete package definitely fetches a premium on eBay (not that I plan on reselling).

In other news, today I sealed a deal for a nice little assortment of Atari 2600 games, which came from a rather unlikely place: a church! The youth group at my church have been redecorating one of the larger upstairs rooms to make it a youth hang-out. Apparently they decided to turn one corner of the room into a video game arsenal. Since then, an XBox, PS2, Genesis, NES (Family Boy, actually), and even an Atari 2600 have all been donated to the cause. I got a chance to flip through the games and discovered they had been given several latter-day Activision and Absolute carts, including Pete Rose Baseball, River Raid II, Kung Fu Master and Skate Boardin'. Nobody was around at the time, so of course I swiped 'em!

Only kidding. :D

I asked the youth pastor if he'd be willing to trade those; he said certainly, and then also mentioned they hadn't been able to get that Atari to work. So, tonight I went up there, armed with a 4-switch woody and a large assortment of classics they didn't yet have, including Combat, Yars' Revenge, Asteroids, Berzerk, Video Pinball, Centipede and Pac-Man (good or not, it's still a classic, and they already had E.T.), and got them all set to go. They've got the perfect TV for the Atari, something from the late '80s with a decent picture, and more importantly, wood grain paneling! The youth pastor said they'd be happy to take on even more stuff, so I may chip in my spare Intellivision, along with a few extra NES carts. I'd certainly rather see it all played with rather than hiding in my closet.

Here's to getting some more young impressionables hooked on the granddaddy of home video games! Just let me have dibs on the rare stuff first. :)

Veering completely off topic, tonight I also played Dance Dance Revolution for the first time ever. I fear I'm going to have to admit that game actually deserves all the hype and umpteen zillion sequels it has generated. I took to the beginner levels pretty quickly, but then had my hat handed to me on the intermediates. Oh well.

Okay, so this isn't a "thrift" thing, but I did get something awfully cool for free. I'm co-editor of retrothing.com and we occasinally get products for review. I got a Quasicade EX arcade cabinet kit for review on the site. I decided to go all out, so this kit is our first video review!

Check out how cool that cabinet is at retrothing.com. Awful nice item to have received to write about. :D

post-152-1169450699_thumb.jpg

Free (All Snes):

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure - NIB

Mortal Kombat - NIB

Mortal Kombat 2 - NIB

Wing Commander: TSM - NIB

T2: Judgement Day - NIB

Super Empire Strikes Back - NIB

Super Return Of The Jedi - NIB

Uniracers - NIB

Donkey Kong Country - Cart Only

Donkey Kong Country 3 - Cart Only

All from a friend.

Virtual Boy Wario Land - $3.00

Top Gun (NES) - $3.00

Chu Chu Rocket! (DC) - $4.00

I asked the youth pastor if he'd be willing to trade those; he said certainly, and then also mentioned they hadn't been able to get that Atari to work. So, tonight I went up there, armed with a 4-switch woody and a large assortment of classics they didn't yet have, including Combat, Yars' Revenge, Asteroids, Berzerk, Video Pinball, Centipede and Pac-Man (good or not, it's still a classic, and they already had E.T.), and got them all set to go. They've got the perfect TV for the Atari, something from the late '80s with a decent picture, and more importantly, wood grain paneling! The youth pastor said they'd be happy to take on even more stuff, so I may chip in my spare Intellivision, along with a few extra NES carts. I'd certainly rather see it all played with rather than hiding in my closet.

Got any pics? I would love to see this. My church has about 7 or so N64s and an XBOX for the youth (which I'm part of). I have a SEGA Sports DC (LED modded) and SNES (slowly beginning to yellow) that I could donate. Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly. But with the FC Twin having 100% compatibility with the SNES and me already having a DC, what's the point in having them collect dust under my bed? Of course, I'd have to mod them first ,and get a controller for the DC and games for the both.

My site supervisor game me a box with these goodies in it.

Wavebird Controller GC

Original SNES Controller

Aftermarket SNES Controller

Sega Saturn Controller

Sega Dreamcast Blue Controller

Sega Dreamcast White Controller

Sega Saturn Rf Switch

2x PS Power Cords

Nintendo Gameboy Advance Link Cable

Also received assortment of wires.

Picked up last night at my local thrift

Brutal, Paws of Fury CIB Gen 4.00