IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

When don't you have a good weekend, GS?

I have weeks where I have to combine all my weeks finds to say I had a decent weekend. This one was good because I found a new store that sell's stuff cheap. :) BTW Wccw Mark had some awesome finds.

thanks. its been awhile since i had any great finds.but yeah,im happy with what i found this weekend.

I actually had a find recently!

Well, an Atari find.

A little Atari Jr. and a copy of Millipede.

I do have atari finds now and again, but rarely stuff I want to actually buy.

(while I have both, not enough of both to pass on this deal :P)

It was cheap too, $6 for the atari and $2 for the cart. I am very pleased.

MIB Turbo Grafx at Salivation Army = $10.00

MIB SNES at Salivation Army = $8.00

MIB Atari 2600 with all parts/papers (flea market) = $5.00

MIB Sega Master System complete (flea market) = $12.00

Crazy Climber cart at Salivation Army = 25 cents

Jaw hitting floor = priceless

Mint in the Box TG-16! $10!!! Arrggghhh! Why can't I be that lucky! Dude what a haul! :-o

Vrocko

Instead of a great weekend I had a great night.

Home Alone NES 4.00

Snake's Revenge NES 4.00

Super Off-Road NES 1.00

Hoops NES 1.00

Contra NES 1.00

Super Gloveball NES 1.00

Gunstar Heroes Gen 1.99 :)

Quake II CIB PS1 Free

Parasite Eve II CIB PS1 4.00 :)

Silent Hill CIB PS1 4.00 :D

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb CIB PS2 5.00

Gameboy Folder .59

NES Zapper Manual Free

Top Gun Second Mission NES Manual Free

Solstice NES Manual Free

Festers Quest NES Manual Free

Solar Jetman NES Manual Free

The most awesome find of all

Mortal Kombat Rock'em, Sock'em Raiden and Goro CIB 2.49

post-10277-1196345634_thumb.jpgpost-10277-1196345647_thumb.jpg

This is more a games that found me scenario.

After helping my buddy and his wife move from their apartment.

We went buy his parents house to get his tools and few last things.

They are moving to another aparment and planning on having children soon,

so he said I could have his game things that he stumbled upon as he won't use them again.

The Wii and virtual stuff is all he needs.

Everything was pretty dusty, but everything I tried so far works.

60ish Nes games in homemade wooden cases

Nes, contollers, satelite

2600 & 7800 & some stix and paddles

40ish mixed games for both

Laseractive w/ Sega Pac

Mixed bag of carts, Laserdisk games, SegaCD..........and a Fantasia LD w00t :)

Little score on Freecycle yesterday.

Complete Sega Genesis with 1 of the controllers a 6 button one, looks like a Saturn controller actually.

Complete N64 with 3 controllers, what appears to be a memory pack that goes in one of the controllers, and a rumble pack. red blue and black controllers. Needs a video cable, but I have a spare anyways. Not a terrible deal though, considering it was all free. One of the controllers is an aftermarket one that looks like a weird child of a N64 and a Saturn cross-breeding controller experiment.

Not a bad day today at the thrifts...

First, a Bentley Compu-Vision console, complete in box -- $5. Cool, but useless (and probably not worth very much.)

At the next thrift, I picked up a GoVideo dual-deck VCR (with original remote) for $6.

While driving home, I noticed that Circuit City had the PlayStation Patrol truck there, so I stopped and checked it out... it was pretty cool. They had quite a few PS2, PS3, and PSP games available to test-drive... I got a look at games like SingStar, Buzz!, and Resistance: Fall of Man. Would've been nice if something like this was around in the NES or Atari days...

The capstone to this trip was when I was walking back to my car... I noticed a memory card package on the ground. I looked down at it, and oddly enough, it still had a memory card inside! Needless to say, I picked it up.

Some dumb-dumb must have dropped it out of their bag... I was planning on buying an SD card for my Wii, but now I don't need to -- I got a brand-new 2GB card for NOTHING!

Edited by DrLove0378

While driving home, I noticed that Circuit City had the PlayStation Patrol truck there, so I stopped and checked it out... it was pretty cool. They had quite a few PS2, PS3, and PSP games available to test-drive... I got a look at games like SingStar, Buzz!, and Resistance: Fall of Man. Would've been nice if something like this was around in the NES or Atari days...

In the NES days pretty much every store i ever went to had an NES with at least half a dozen games hooked up to it. I test-drove the hell out of things in those days...now every video game store kiosk in the country is occupied around the clock with some jerk hogging Guitar Hero. :)

Nice night at the thrift for me yesterday. No actual games, per se, but i did get an interesting Sonic Underground LCD handheld for 99 cents, and a Peter Pan and the Pirates Tiger handheld for 69 cents. I'm so hooked on these things right now. Buying them, not so much playing them.

Also, pretty much one of the best deals i've *ever* gotten at a thrift store. An RC Mario Kart Yoshi, from the Tomy MicroSizers line. The kart, charger/remote, and all but one of the accessories, complete with a MicroSizers carrying case, for the grand total of 99 cents. The only one i could find for sale on Ebay was $45. So, woo. :) This thing's a ton of fun on the kitchen floor, and at only 2" long i'm absolutely amazed it survived a stint at the thrift store.

Interesting that Dr. Love found one of those old GoVideo dual deck VCR... In the last couple of weeks I've picked up two of them for $5 each. No remote. Don't know what in the hell I got 'em for. I've got a stack of VCR's for duplication as part of my video production business, and no client has wanted VHS service from me for the last few years. I guess that I just wanted to see them in action. ;)

Found "The Sims" for Game Cube for $2.50 (only the second time I've seen GC stuff at a thrift, and this time it wasn't completely destroyed). Also got a VERY dusty Intellivision in one of those storage thingies. No wonder it's been sitting there for more than a year - they had it priced at $75. It was their Christmas party at the thrift today, and 50 percent off of everything, adn they love me over there... so I walked out with the thing for $20. Check out what all was inside:

CIB (incl. overlays)

Auto Racing

Triple Action

Sea Battle

Las Vegas Blackjack

Space Battle

Pitfall (incl pricetag, orig receipt for $26.97, & childishly scrawled high score sheet)

- cart + overlays

Major League Baseball

NFL Football

Blackjack

Space Battle

Auto Racing

Boxing

Space Armada

Astrosmash

Donkey Kong

Big pile of docs & overlays

Orig instructions

Vectrex sales brochure!

I haven't seen an Intellivision in years, so this was a surprise!

Good and bad day at Goodwill.....

went this morning, and found a couple of NES games at .99 apiece.

Megaman 4

Rush'n Attack

RC-Pro-Am 2

realized I had no wallet with me, so put the games down and went home to get my wallet. Was waylaid a bit by some honey-do chores around the house, then when I got back, they were gone.

But in the corner of one eye, I saw a Playstation system, complete.

I looked it over carefully and realized it was a positively minty 1001 model Playstation, with the sep. audio and video jacks in the back, etc. It was gorgeous. It came with two controllers, original manual, two memory cards (one a Sony brand), AC cable, and the disc inside it was Twisted Metal. $14.99

So I bought it. It's for sale as well, so make offers if interested. Supposedly these are highly prized by audiophile folks...

Well for the most part, it's been pretty dry around here but I have found a few things:

N64

Doom64 in box

Shadows of the Empire in box

Bomberman Hero loose

Starfox64 loose

Wipeout64 loose

$2.50 each

Atari 2600 all loose

Amidar

Video Olympics

Wizard of War

Commando

Summer Games

All for $7.00

Not a thrift find, but fun anyway

Mario Kart Donkey Kong remote control car $10.00 on clearance

Best find of the month:

My coworker was complaining that she had to "drop off some junk" at Goodwill after work on Friday. I asked her if she had anything good, she said no. Then I told her how I always stop there to look for video game stuff. Turns out she had a PS1 (the little one) that she gave to me instead! Like new condition, all cables, power supply,memory card, 3 games (Driver, Racing, and Tomb Raider 3) and one like new dual analog controller! She wasn't even sure if it worked, but it's absolutely perfect. Not bad for free! I've never owned one before (or had any interest really) so it will be interesting at least. Stopped by the pawn shop and picked up another matching controller (again, perfect like new condition) for $3.00.

Edited by SRGilbert

streets of rage 2 cib no manual 3.99

cib stands for "complete in box". "cib no manual" is a contradiction. :)

I picked up a really nice, complete copy of the gold cart Zelda II for NES at a local thrift store yesterday. The amazing thing is, i've seen so many great-looking games ruined by this place. They write a big "3.99" in black permanent marker across the front of every game they get. Sometimes it's someplace cleanable, usually it's not. This one was hanging up in its own little plastic bag, with the AC adapters and stuff above where they put the games and CDs. Somehow it dodged a bullet, and that reason alone was worth buying it. :)

Video game finds have been slim pickin's the past few weeks, but I did find a PCMCIA 802.11g still in the box for $8 Saturday. I still use an old, decrepit laptop without built-in wireless, and this is a nice upgrade from the 802.11b card I was using (and currently can't find).

Actually there is one good video game find to brag about: A Logitech PlayStation 2 force-feedback steering wheel, also for $8. It's meant for Gran Turismo 3 but it also works with Gran Turismo 4 and a few other racing games (sadly the Burnout series is not among them). My roommate snagged that one, but I own the PS2, so... :)

found today at goodwill:

prima secret of the game super mario world game secrets strategy guide(btw:its co written by my "good buddy" zach"zmdouchebag"meston)$1

secrets of the playstation 2:(cool little book that even has some import games in it)$1

breath of fire for snes(game and box)$2

ice hockey for nes(complete)$2

Edited by wccw mark

The other day got a few NES games. Notable titles include Joshua, and ....Can't remember at the moment.

Also Picked up a Zapper

Super Mario Galaxy (the plastic and paper were split on the case, kinda looked like it got sliced when the store opened the box of games....)

All for $32

cib stands for "complete in box". "cib no manual" is a contradiction. :)

As I understand it, "CIB" stands for "Cartridge, Instructions, Box" (at least with VCS games) but does not necessarily mean complete as it was originally; other incidental enclosures such as warranty card, product catalog, contest entry or mail-in offer form, etc. might be missing.

Another freecycle score:

loose N64 games

Mario Kart

Excitebike 64

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Turok 2

Hybrid Heaven

and a bag of loose and boxed Genny games, most nondescript, but one looks interesting, Cool Spot

I've only had luck grabbing one game off of freecycle. That was MKII for the SNES. Awesome grabs btw