IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Saw but didnt buy 5 absolutely MIB Arcadia 2001/Leisure Vision,games at the thrift shop TODAY.,were only $3.99 each,and they were all the better games for the system,as most are not too good.I found 8 mint Arcadia games loose a while back,thought id buy them and get console later.I couldnt find a console anywhere,still cant,and Ebay is too pricey.I didnt buy the 5 games,learned my lesson.Once you buy Arcadia 2001 stuff,you CANT get rid of it,cant even give it away. :ponder:

Edited by Rik

Heavy sixer with pair of joysticks and power supply for $9.99 at Value Village. Also picked up CIB Blackjack and Street Racer gatefold text Canadian version for $3.99 each.

Excellent! :-o

You almost never see Atari stuff at VV anymore. Awesome find. Congrats. :thumbsup:

I only found a loose California Games and a PS1 Fanstastic Voyage ProPinball this weekend.

$9.99 for a h-6 with stiks and power supply,lucky.I live in Ontario Canada as well.I found a mint h-6 a while ago and it was $39.00 for just the console itself also at Value Village,STILL a good deal!The manager said the h-6 can demand higher prices.Thrift shops are starting to catch on and charging higher now for classic gaming stuff :x :ponder:

Edited by Rik

Heavy sixer with pair of joysticks and power supply for $9.99 at Value Village. Also picked up CIB Blackjack and Street Racer gatefold text Canadian version for $3.99 each.

You almost never see Atari stuff at VV anymore. Awesome find. Congrats. :thumbsup:

I only found a loose California Games and a PS1 Fanstastic Voyage ProPinball this weekend.

$9.99 for a h-6 with stiks and power supply,lucky.I live in Ontario Canada as well.I found a mint h-6 a while ago and it was $39.00 for just the console itself also at Value Village,STILL a good deal!The manager said the h-6 can demand higher prices.Thrift shops are starting to catch on and charging higher now for classic gaming stuff :x :ponder:

My eyes just about feel off my face when I saw this. This was also the first time I had ever seen CIB Atari games at VV. Ten bucks says the console was boxed too but they tossed it away. They still have quite a few boxed gatefolds (including a few Sears text titles). Does anyone know if the Combat (CIB) that came with the heavy sixer in 1977 is worth anything?

I'm new to the forum here at AA, so some thrift finds from the last month:

SNES-Donkey Kong Country

Yoshi's Island

Hole In One Golf

$2 each

NES-Bubble Bobble

Dr. Mario

Bionic Commando

Gradius

Super C

G.I. Joe

2.99 each

2600-Cosmic Ark

Super Breakout

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Home Run (ugh)

50 cents each

All loose carts at a Salvation Army store

A Sony tv remote (with glow-in -the-dark buttons!) $1

Also passed on a boxed Atari Jaguar, with 2 controllers, 3 games and all hookups--$25. Wasn't sure if it was worth the trouble--thoughts, anyone?

My eyes just about feel off my face when I saw this. This was also the first time I had ever seen CIB Atari games at VV. Ten bucks says the console was boxed too but they tossed it away. They still have quite a few boxed gatefolds (including a few Sears text titles). Does anyone know if the Combat (CIB) that came with the heavy sixer in 1977 is worth anything?

CIB Combat is just as common as dirt,worth a couple bucks even if boxed.Pack-in carts are never worth much,AFAIC

CIB Combat is just as common as dirt,worth a couple bucks even if boxed.Pack-in carts are never worth much,AFAIC

I've seen that 01 combat manual pop up in some strange places. The local VS has it in with the wrong box and cart. Most of the time, pack-ins are worthless, but sometimes they can be a pain in the neck to find. I'm thinking specifically of the 1GB PSP brand memstick and the PSP Sampler disc. I don't think I'll ever find that memstick, and I've never seen the sampler for sale.

I'm a few weeks behind on my finds. Here are my finds for Oct 4-5.

Paid 5.00 for the following

NES System w/2 Controllers and Hookups

Donkey Kong 2600

Space Invader 2600

E.T. 2600

Pac-man 2600

Pitfall! 2600

River Raid 2600

Name This Game 2600 1.00

Super Pitfall NES 4.00

Zany Golf Gen 4.00

Formula One Gen 1.00

Jungle Book CIB Gen .50

Lion King Box, No Game Gen Free

NHL Stanley Cup SNES 1.00

Winter Olympic Games SNES 1.00

Baseball Simulator 1.000 SNES 1.00

Bill Laimbeers Combat Basketball SNES 1.00

Cliff Hanger SNES 2.00

Lego Island 2 CIB PS1 3.00

Monopoly GH CIB PS1 2.99

007 World Is Not Enough CIB PS1 .99

Fox Sports Soccer 99 NIB PS1 1.00

Tekken 3 CIB PS1 1.00

Crash Bandicoot 2 CIB PS1 1.00

Flying Dragon N64 1.00

Star Wars Battle for Naboo N64 Pal 5.00

Pikmin CIB GC w/loose Pac-man World 2, and Spyro Enter the Dragonfly 1.99

Children of Mana CIB DS 12.00

Final Fantasy IV CIB DS 14.00

Shadow Ops Red Mercury NIB Xbox 5.00

Jeanne Darc Demo NIB PSP .25

Might and Magic V CIB PC .25

Ms. Pac-man Handheld 1.00

Junior Bass Fishin Handheld .19

Sega Genesis PNP 1.00

Pirates of the Caribbean Worlds End Handheld 1.49

Blood Bath NIB Mac 2.49

Doom NIB Mac 2.49

Sonic Plush Doll .10

8 Issues of Game Informer 2.00

Super Slot Triple Thunder Slot Machine NIB 5.99

Hyperscan System w/1 controller, hookups, and X-men game 5.99

Unreal Tournament Faceplate NIB 360 2.00

NES-Bubble Bobble

Dr. Mario

Bionic Commando

Gradius

Super C

G.I. Joe

2.99 each

Welcome to the AA forums! I think you'll enjoy yourself here.

There were two different G.I. Joe games released for the NES -- which one did you find? (Inquiring minds want to know! :P ) If it was the original Taxan release, and not "The Atlantis Factor" from Capcom, you sure lucked out -- that one is VERY HARD to find in the wild, and for good reason: that game is freakin' awesome!

NES-Bubble Bobble

Dr. Mario

Bionic Commando

Gradius

Super C

G.I. Joe

2.99 each

Welcome to the AA forums! I think you'll enjoy yourself here.

There were two different G.I. Joe games released for the NES -- which one did you find? (Inquiring minds want to know! :P ) If it was the original Taxan release, and not "The Atlantis Factor" from Capcom, you sure lucked out -- that one is VERY HARD to find in the wild, and for good reason: that game is freakin' awesome!

It IS the Taxan release! Been having good luck at local Salvation Army stores lately. Lucky Me!!

And thanks for the welcome--I've been lurking here at AA for about a year, just decided to start chiming in...

I'm still kinda new here too, and I've scored a few deals that I'm proud of. :lol: Here's a few highlights of my finds:

-Atari 2600 with about 80 games, all with instructions and about 10 or so various controllers for $30 a few years ago at a flea market

-Sega Nomad with a battery pack and power supply for $30 at Gamestop a couple years ago, the guy at the store didn't know what it was :D

-Chuck Norris Superkicks for the Colecovision at a Play N Trade for $2

This one is by far the best find ....

-Vectrex system in pretty good condition in a junkyard, sitting in the backseat of an early 1960's Rambler, for FREE. :-o The thing works great! I bought a few parts for one of my cars, and they told me to take it. I couldn't believe it! I had been looking for one for years, too.

Most recent:

I went to a flea market last Sunday and picked up Power Strike for the SMS CIB, along with (for the SNES) Tetris Attack, Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures, Star Trek DS9: Crossroads Of Time, Super Baseball 2020, and a NES Power Pad. I picked it all up for a total of $30.

Picked up 3 Genesis games - Columns CIB, Dynamite Heady CIB and Ballz with case but no instructions. These are all up for trades BTW :D

Also picked up 4 issues of an old magazine simply called "Video" from 1980 and 1981. I'll post some scans of some of the video game related articles.

Edited by AtariLeaf

-Vectrex system in pretty good condition in a junkyard, sitting in the backseat of an early 1960's Rambler, for FREE. :-o The thing works great! I bought a few parts for one of my cars, and they told me to take it. I couldn't believe it! I had been looking for one for years, too.

now that is SWEET!

often times when I'm turning over houses I find some nice stuff left behind by the tennents, mostly old computer hardware, and a some random game stuff.. that was a nice find

I'm still kinda new here too, and I've scored a few deals that I'm proud of. :lol: Here's a few highlights of my finds:

-Atari 2600 with about 80 games, all with instructions and about 10 or so various controllers for $30 a few years ago at a flea market

-Sega Nomad with a battery pack and power supply for $30 at Gamestop a couple years ago, the guy at the store didn't know what it was :D

-Chuck Norris Superkicks for the Colecovision at a Play N Trade for $2

Most recent:

I went to a flea market last Sunday and picked up Power Strike for the SMS CIB, along with (for the SNES) Tetris Attack, Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures, Star Trek DS9: Crossroads Of Time, Super Baseball 2020, and a NES Power Pad. I picked it all up for a total of $30.

A Vectrex--Holy Cow!! I've never even SEEN a Vectrex in person.....sigh....

Found a decent roadside haul, from a computer graphics company gone out of business... it had some magneto-optical disk drives, some cartridges for them, a Sony tape drive of some kind and a buncha storage tapes, an external recordable-CD unit which uses a CD caddy (it was probably one of the firstof its kind), an A.B. Dick paper folding machine, some lengths of BNC cabling, and various other shtuff.

Those magneto-optical drives are cool, but about as useful as the Exatron Stringy Floppy drives I've got out back in the barn. :P I was only able to carry 100 pounds back to the wagon, so I had to leave behind a frickin' huge JDL plotter-on-a-cart, and a bunch of HP laser printers... oh well, what was I gonna do with 'em anyway? :P (Lifting that plotter probably would've ripped my hernias back open anyway...)

Also found something pretty useful at Goodwill this week: an Antec TVator RGB-NTSC converter, complete in box with all cables and software. It's over a decade old (it had a copyright date of 1996 on the packaging), but it's still effective for its intended purpose. My price? Only $6.99. :D

Edited by DrLove0378

My finds for the weekend of 11-12 Oct.

6.00 for the following games. :D

Sports Talk Football 93 Gen

NHL 94 Gen

NHL 95 w/box Gen

Phantom 2049 CIB Gen

World Series Baseball 98 CIB Gen

Barkley Shutup and Jam 2 w/box Gen

Gunstar Heroes w/box Gen

NBA Jam CIB Gen

Fatal Rewind CIB Gen

Cool Spot w/box Gen

NFL Quarterback Club CIB Gen

Ghostbusters Gen

Primetime NFL Football Gen

NBA Jam T.E. Gen CIB

NBA Jam T.E. Gen

Ecco Tides of Time w/box Gen

Kid Chameleon w/box Gen

Super Street Fighter II w/box Gen

Fox Sports College Hoops 99 N64

NHL Breakaway 98 N64

Wayne Gretzkys 3d Hockey N64

WWF Attitude N64

WWF Warzone N64

WWF Warzone CIB N64

Pokemon Stadium N64

Excitebike 64 w/man N64

Tony Hawk Pro Skater CIB N64

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 CIB N64

In The Zone 98 CIB N64

Wayne Gretzky 3d Hockey CIB N64

NBA Jam 99 CIB N64

NBA Hangtime CIB N64

Gex 64 CIB N64

Madden 2000 CIB N64

Tapper 2600 1.00

Double Dribble Gen .10

GP-1 Part II SNES 1.50

Formula One Beyond The Limit CIB Sega CD 1.00

Contra Legacy of War loose PS1 1.00

Looney Tunes Racing CIB PS1 1.49

Muppet Race Mania CIB PS1 1.49

Geom Cube CIB PS1 1.00

Kings Field CIB PS1 1.00

Shadow Madness CIB PS1 1.00

Vandal Hearts CIB PS1 1.00 :D

Namco Museum N64 1.00

Nascar 99 N64 1.00

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six CIB DC .50

Typing of the Dead CIB DC 2.00

Neo Contra CIB PS2 5.00

Gauntlet Dark Legacy CIB Xbox 4.00

Arcade Defender Handheld .10 :D

Secret Codes 2001 Book .10

Sonic The Hedgehog, Robotniks Revenge Book .10

My finds for the weekend of 11-12 Oct.

6.00 for the following games. :D

Sports Talk Football 93 Gen

NHL 94 Gen

NHL 95 w/box Gen

Phantom 2049 CIB Gen

World Series Baseball 98 CIB Gen

Barkley Shutup and Jam 2 w/box Gen

Gunstar Heroes w/box Gen

NBA Jam CIB Gen

Fatal Rewind CIB Gen

Cool Spot w/box Gen

NFL Quarterback Club CIB Gen

Ghostbusters Gen

Primetime NFL Football Gen

NBA Jam T.E. Gen CIB

NBA Jam T.E. Gen

Ecco Tides of Time w/box Gen

Kid Chameleon w/box Gen

Super Street Fighter II w/box Gen

Fox Sports College Hoops 99 N64

NHL Breakaway 98 N64

Wayne Gretzkys 3d Hockey N64

WWF Attitude N64

WWF Warzone N64

WWF Warzone CIB N64

Pokemon Stadium N64

Excitebike 64 w/man N64

Tony Hawk Pro Skater CIB N64

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 CIB N64

In The Zone 98 CIB N64

Wayne Gretzky 3d Hockey CIB N64

NBA Jam 99 CIB N64

NBA Hangtime CIB N64

Gex 64 CIB N64

Madden 2000 CIB N64

Tapper 2600 1.00

Double Dribble Gen .10

GP-1 Part II SNES 1.50

Formula One Beyond The Limit CIB Sega CD 1.00

Contra Legacy of War loose PS1 1.00

Looney Tunes Racing CIB PS1 1.49

Muppet Race Mania CIB PS1 1.49

Geom Cube CIB PS1 1.00

Kings Field CIB PS1 1.00

Shadow Madness CIB PS1 1.00

Vandal Hearts CIB PS1 1.00 :D

Namco Museum N64 1.00

Nascar 99 N64 1.00

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six CIB DC .50

Typing of the Dead CIB DC 2.00

Neo Contra CIB PS2 5.00

Gauntlet Dark Legacy CIB Xbox 4.00

Arcade Defender Handheld .10 :D

Secret Codes 2001 Book .10

Sonic The Hedgehog, Robotniks Revenge Book .10

Jesus Man. What a hall. Ill double your money on that Tapper. :roll: :D

Some games from the thrift store:

Spawn for the Dreamcast - $0.99 (CD only in case)

Pro Pool 3D/Dart Pro/Pro Bowl 3D PC - $0.99 (Jewel case with insert)

Dark Fall: The Journal PC - $0.99 (El cheapo $10 Target/Walmart cardstock packaging)

Ziplock bag with:

Starcraft PC

Brood War expansion

Instructions for Starcraft

Prima strategy guides for Starcraft and Brood War

$4.99

I'm new around here, and this topic SCREAMED at me to join since my entire collection "recreation" pretty much comes from thrift stores..

4.99 for..

Donkey Kong Classics - NES

Dragon Warrior - NES

Tetris - NES

Primal Rage - Genesis

Mouse Trap - 2600, $2

Ms. Pac-Man - 2600, $2

this was pretty much the most I've found in my area in YEARS sadly.. though I've had to spend a lot of time in Alaska, where VV dominates, and there hasn't been much to find at all.. I've actually been having terrible luck since this last batch I found.

I heard a lil' while back that Christmas is a good time to browse, so hope I'm lucky!

Had some good luck this morning at the flea market. $61 got these goodies:

Playstation Blockids

Playstation Breath of Fire III :)

Playstation Breath of Fire IV :)

Playstation Final Fantasy VII

Playstation Intelligent Qube :-o

Playstation Koudelka

Playstation Metal Gear Solid

Playstation Resident Evil 2 dual shock edition

PS2 Final Fantasy XI (game, case and instructions, no hard drive)

PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

PS2 Red Dead Revolver

Xbox Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3

Xbox Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind goty

Xbox 360 Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind goty disc 1

Everything is complete except the 360 game, that is disc only. Most stoked about finding the Intelligent Qube...have ran across at least 10 Final Fantasy VII games on the cheap over the years, but this is the first for Intelligent Qube, that one is going straight into the collection.

Edited by bones