IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

This past weekend I cleaned house at the Flea Market and tag sales. I am expecting 26 more NES CIB games for $20.

NES + 40 Games = $25

NES TOP LOADER + 32 Games = $35

SNES 22 Game Lot = $15

N64 System + 27 Games = $20

Atari 2600 + 52 Games = $15

Atari 7800 + 4 Games = FREE

Misc. Lot of Games in Box (approx 39 games mixed systems) = $10

Sega Genesis + 20 Games = $15

Sega Game Gear 14 Game Lot = $4

Tiger Handheld Sealed NIB Baseball + Football = $2 each

Colecovision + 50 Games = $25

Ducktales 2 NES = $5

EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE/TRADE

and here are some of the highlights... ( I will list Atari & Coleco later, I think they are all common games)

N64 Carts - Mario Party 1,2,3, Mariocart 64 x2, Super Mario 64 x2, Ogre Battle, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Bond 007 x2, Banjo Tooie, Cruisin USA & Exotica, WWF No Mercy, Hangtime Zelda Ocarina of Time

SNES Carts - Super Bomberman 2, Space Megaforce,

NES CIB - Super Mario 3 (Challenge Set NFRS), Super Tecmo Bowl, Blades of Steel, Bases Loaded 2, Mega Man 2 +More

NES W/Mauals - Super Mario 3, Tecmo Bowl x2, Bases Loaded 3 & 4, Duck Tails 2

Genesis CIB - Streets of Rage 1 & 2 & 3, Sonic 2, Bubsy, Atomic Runner, X-Men, NFL Footbal 94, Pat Riley Basketball, Golden Axe, NBA Jams, Mortal Kombat 2, Strider Returns, G Loc Air Battle, Madden 92

Tiger Handheld SEALED NIB- Already had a few so I got two more Totals are

Baseball 1987 x2

Football 1987 x3

Bowling 1987 x2

Ninja Fighter 1991 x2

Mortal Kombat Barcodzzz (with cards)1994

I can look when I get home. Currently its all sitting in boxes. I am not much of an Atari person, so what kind of port am I looking for? A game cart port?

The guy selling the 2600 threw it in if I bought all of the 2600 and games. How could I say no?

How did you get the 7800 for free?

Does it have a port on the side? I'm in need of units with ports.

AX

I can look when I get home. Currently its all sitting in boxes. I am not much of an Atari person, so what kind of port am I looking for? A game cart port?

The guy selling the 2600 threw it in if I bought all of the 2600 and games. How could I say no?

AX

As you face the console, it would be on the left side of the unit. It may be marked "EXT."

Thanks,

AX

Yeah there is a side port.

What are you willing to pay (inculding shipping) for the system with four games Mario Bros, Robotron, Xevious, Foo Fight?

AX

As you face the console, it would be on the left side of the unit. It may be marked "EXT."

Thanks,

AX

I looked in the "Free Stuff" section of CL this morning and found an ad for a box of sega stuff....IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD! Without pause, I walked down the street and grabbed it. My neighbor, Steve, asked me if I was giving this stuff to my kid. I'm all "You know it, buddy!". I lied. :lol:

Now I need a model 2 Genny a/c adapter to power this sucker. Screw buyin' batteries.

post-25671-127127681219_thumb.jpg

I got a good Score today. A friend gave me a Commodore SX-64.

PIC_0256.jpg

It does have one issue. Apparently from when I was taking to someone who knows their Commodores about the one I got today. he said that the Vic-II graphics chip went out on it. So I gotta replace it.

Edited by nightwheel

I picked up a few things at a local music/game store.

$8.99 DC Skies of Arcadia in excellent condition, discs are nice!

$8.99 DC Grandia II also in wonderful shape

$1.99 NES Baseball Stars

$1.99 NES Maniac Mansion

post-4103-12713686415_thumb.jpg

The place where I buy most of my games uses the EXACT same price tags as the ones on your NES finds. At first I thought that you must live near me. Obviously they just use the same computer program on their POS systems.

Chris

I picked up a few things at a local music/game store.

$8.99 DC Skies of Arcadia in excellent condition, discs are nice!

$8.99 DC Grandia II also in wonderful shape

$1.99 NES Baseball Stars

$1.99 NES Maniac Mansion

post-4103-12713686415_thumb.jpg

I love Skies Of Arcadia but the monster fight sequences are insane. You barely get ten steps and another fight.

The Game Cube version touted a fix for that but I think it's just as bad.

But none the less a great find!

Today I didn't do bad at all...

SNES - Donkey Kong Country 3 $5.00

2600 - Congo Bongo, Dragster, Fast Eddie, Grand Prix $3 each

NES Four Score adapter $3.00

2 Wico Command Control 2600 joysticks (ball-top with metal shaft) $3.00 each

NES - Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight - $3.00

5 Laserdisc and 5 CED movies - $3.00 each

He's got some Atari games at his house he wants to get rid of, so I gave him my cell number, and hopefully he'll call when he finds them...

Later in the day while on my way to work, I discovered an out-of-the-way thrift shop near my workplace... and this is what I found...

PowerJoy Famiclone system w/built-in light gun $6.00

NES - Castlevania II, Kung Fu, Mighty Bomb Jack - $2.50 each

Garmin StreetPilot ColorMap GPS, complete in retail box w/power cord, PC cable and instruction manual $6.00

I tried it out in my car immediately afterward, and it works fine and locates the satellites properly, even though it's VERY obsolete (it's from 2000). Since the PC cable is RS-232, I might have to do a big bad wolf impersonation on it to program it on a modern computer.

After finding a bunch of Super Nintendo games, controllers and the cords last weekend, I've been on the hunt for a system and even posted a wanted thread in the marketplace. I'm kind of glad I didn't just buy one because I was on my way to the post office this morning to drop a few packages off and saw a yard sale sign and decided, why not? I'm sure glad I did!

$3 - "Mini" SNES System with original Nintendo-brand cords and two games (no controllers)

$5 - N64 System with original Nintendo-brand cords, one controller and it has the Expansion Pak installed

$2 - Regular Gamecube controller

Everything pictured for $10! :thumbsup:

post-4103-127144237974_thumb.jpg

After finding a bunch of Super Nintendo games, controllers and the cords last weekend, I've been on the hunt for a system and even posted a wanted thread in the marketplace. I'm kind of glad I didn't just buy one because I was on my way to the post office this morning to drop a few packages off and saw a yard sale sign and decided, why not? I'm sure glad I did!

$3 - "Mini" SNES System with original Nintendo-brand cords and two games (no controllers)

$5 - N64 System with original Nintendo-brand cords, one controller and it has the Expansion Pak installed

$2 - Regular Gamecube controller

Everything pictured for $10! :thumbsup:

post-4103-127144237974_thumb.jpg

Nice score. The SNES-2 sells upwards of $50 itself. Everything looks good too.

Headed over to Chris Leach's last night to drop off some game holders to him from Golden.Ax and ended doing a trade with him and got the following....

Blockout!/Breakdown! for the Odyssey2 and the following Intellivision games....

Atlantis and Pitfall(boxed),IceTrek,Dracula,Commando,Microsurgeon(with overlay)and Nova Blast.

plus got a few freebies from him too....

MonsterHunter and AfroSamurai T-shirts and a Disgaea Custom soundtrack

So thanks Chris. :)

Nice score. The SNES-2 sells upwards of $50 itself. Everything looks good too.

Yeah, thanks! I will be keeping the SNES for now but that's my second N64 in less than a week so I don't need that one. They didn't look too bad but the SNES needed some love from my magic eraser and some windex. Looks great now and everything is tested and works perfectly. What a great day! :)