IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I hit the sales this morning and found a few gaming items but mostly got books to take to the local trade store. Here's what I bought this morning:

post-4103-128545337024_thumb.jpg

$1 - Game Boy Advance Carrying Case

$5 - N64 Mario Kart 64

$5 - N64 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

$1 - PS1 V.I.P. with Pamela Anderson - the disc is in amazing condition!

thanks! I live in SE Pa.

I was born and raised in Lebanon, PA. Have you heard of Lebanon atarinut76? I lived there in the late 90s, early 2000s and the classic gaming stuff I pulled out of that area was amazing. Atari was everywhere!

yup it's about a good hour west away maybe? The only flea market out that way is called the Green Dragon I believe? I've never been there but heard great things about it! I have some nice local markets near me but New Jersey is where all the pick ups are!!

Did you go to any of the Phillyclassic shows back in the day? I believe you where in the area at the time

Speaking of CoCos, I got a CoCo2 with 2 programs (Popcorn and Color Logo) for 2$. No joysticks though, :x ! The lowest price I can see anywhere is 20$ :o. I would pay only 10$.

I also got Atom for 50 cents (another CoCo game).

I got River City Ransom for 5$ :P.

I got PilotWings (pretty beat up label) for 1$.

3-D WorldRunner for 1$.

Xevious (NES) for 2$.

Speaking of CoCos, I got a CoCo2 with 2 programs (Popcorn and Color Logo) for 2$. No joysticks though, :x ! The lowest price I can see anywhere is 20$ :o. I would pay only 10$.

I also got Atom for 50 cents (another CoCo game).

I got River City Ransom for 5$ :P.

I got PilotWings (pretty beat up label) for 1$.

3-D WorldRunner for 1$.

Xevious (NES) for 2$.

Nice find!

Also, welcome to AtariAge :grin:

Maybe check with user RecycledGamer, I saw some in his booth at PRGE last weekend. I'm sure he would be asking a reasonable price, just send him a PM. Morgan

I picked up a Xbox fighting stick at a local gaming chain for $20. More than I wanted to pay but the switches and build quality was high and I wanted to mod it. It was the layout I wanted too.

post-7833-128552555437_thumb.jpg

If only there were good quality sticks for arcade and fighting games available for the 360 that didn't cost an arm and a leg...

My weekend finds:

Playstation: Sheep - $2

Syphon Filter 2 - $2

Reloaded - $2

PS2 - Grand Theft Auto Vice City - $2.50

Genesis - Ren and Stimpy, Stimpy's Invention - $1

Beauty and the Beast, Roar of the Beast - $1

Streets of Rage 2 - $1

Game Gear- Quest for the Shaven Yak - $1

Sega CD - Double Switch - $2 (Starring Corey Haim and Deborah Harry)

post-25647-128553491457_thumb.jpg

Well, it wasn't exactly thrifty, I had to pay $15 for a nicely-working original Game Boy at Value Village. The one that was half-priced had a TON of blank vertical lines on it (The cashier let me try them out before I bought them). The one I did buy had no blank vertical lines. The game she let me try it out with I didn't buy (Mega Man III), but she didn't look a bit odd when I pulled out four batteries out of my pocket to try out the other one! (Perhaps there was an even weirder guy that came in before me?) Well, anyway, the screen is a bit dusty inside, but I dare not take it apart to try to clean it. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't because it's one of those tri-screw thingees Nintendo is famous for having. (Argh!) Still, I bet I would have to pay that much at the used video game store for one, so all in all, although a bit on the expensive side, a nice buy for me because I have been looking for a nice original Game Boy in tip-top shape. It still had its stickers on, and even the back battery compartment cover was still there (with Nintendo's 1-800 tip line sticker still in place!)

My weekend finds:

Playstation: Sheep - $2

Syphon Filter 2 - $2

Reloaded - $2

PS2 - Grand Theft Auto Vice City - $2.50

Genesis - Ren and Stimpy, Stimpy's Invention - $1

Beauty and the Beast, Roar of the Beast - $1

Streets of Rage 2 - $1

Game Gear- Quest for the Shaven Yak - $1

Sega CD - Double Switch - $2 (Starring Corey Haim and Deborah Harry)

Is that Sheep I spy or is something wrong with my eye? I have that game for the computer but I don't know if it works anymore. :/

Just came back early from work after my breaks failed thankfully on a deserted and straight road. Well anyway from a garage sale I picked this up for $1.

post-22364-128554097426_thumb.jpg

Not my picture but I forgot it in my trunk so I can't take a picture of it myself.

Very nice. I'd love to find one of these. It was my first hand held electronic game. :)

Well, I was at Goodwill today and I got my first 5200. I paid a bit too much for it I think. $34 for a two port console, two controllers and 7 games.

post-22224-12856225809_thumb.jpg

The controllers seem to be in really good working order (I cleaned them and they work great) as far as I can tell, which for finding in the wild is amazing. The system is really clean. It looks well taken care of. It still even has the plastic tape over the aluminum strip.

After playing Pacman for a bit, I'm amazed at how nice Pacman looks on the thing and how awful the controllers are.

The games are:

Blueprint

Gorf

Pacman

Pole Position

Realsports Baseball

Realsports Football

Super Breakout

My cousin had one of these as a kid. I'm going to be giving him a call in the next few days to see if he ever found it again. He did say I could have it about a year ago. From my 20 year old memories, I know they had a bunch of games I don't have, including Joust, Pitfall and Montezuma's Revenge among others. We'll see.

I'm not really interested in the 5200 but eh.

So, how badly did I overpay?

Edited by Lendorien

I've never had a 5200 so if I saw that setup for $34, I'd grab it, too. $34 isn't thrift store cheap, but you aren't going to buy that setup with 7 games here on AA for $35. Shipping alone for all that would be like $15-20.

Chris

Well, that makes me feel a little better.

I paid 20 bucks for the console with two controllers and the power supply and 14 dollars on the 7 games at 2 bucks a piece. One is in the box. The two CBS games and Pole Position lack overlays, but all the other games still have them.

The system also came with the instruction manual, warranty card and a product guide.

It works great and the controllers don't look too banged up. Cleaning the contacts made them work like new.

If I can get that other stuff from my cousin (who said his 5200 stopped working years ago), I'll be in even better shape as far as games. I think he has like 7 or 8 games for it. We'll see tho.