IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

post-22364-128382250736_thumb.jpg

(Duct tape + super glue) x soldering iron = good as new?

More like T-molding + Side art + new coin mech + monitor + new PCB + controls + marquee light +

I cant even list it all, that thing looks like it has been through hell and back. It's going to need everything.

post-22364-128382250736_thumb.jpg

(Duct tape + super glue) x soldering iron = good as new?

More like T-molding + Side art + new coin mech + monitor + new PCB + controls + marquee light +

I cant even list it all, that thing looks like it has been through hell and back. It's going to need everything.

#1. throw it away

#2. find another arcade cab

AX

• Like 2

This was one of those "right place right time" deals. Now normally, Value Village prices their SNES games at $5.99 EACH so I was shocked to find packs of 4 games at $3.99 per pack. So basically a buck per game. A couple of N64 games in the lot too and I was happy to find the Super Gameboy. Three of the four packs had a Super Mario World in it too.

post-2493-128389624028_thumb.jpg

This was one of those "right place right time" deals. Now normally, Value Village prices their SNES games at $5.99 EACH so I was shocked to find packs of 4 games at $3.99 per pack. So basically a buck per game. A couple of N64 games in the lot too and I was happy to find the Super Gameboy. Three of the four packs had a Super Mario World in it too.

Nice one; the Kirby Superstar is probably worth what you paid for the whole shootin match....Morgan

I traded in some books, DVDs and CDs that I have acquired from yard sales over the past few weeks and got trade dollars. I am most excited for the GameGear Fatal Fury Special cart, that one is fairly hard-to-find. My son picked out the Tamagotchi game for himself, all others will be added to my collection. I love giving games new cases that have stickers all over them or are just old looking, it makes them look new again! The GameCube game is in excellent condition, I would buy just about any Cube game I don't have if it's $1.99. :D

post-4103-128394207426_thumb.jpg post-4103-128394208969_thumb.jpg

$1.99 - GC Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

$7.99 - DS Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2

$9.99 - DS Mazes of Fate

$2.99 - GG Bart vs. the World

$2.99 - GG Fatal Fury Special

Nice one; the Kirby Superstar is probably worth what you paid for the whole shootin match....Morgan

And that Super Mario All-Stars would fetch a nice penny too. Good catch!

Not bad on that Fatal Fury for GG, I don't have that yet. Coarse I only do CIB, but for that title I'd buy a cart if I found it and wait out the box. Great game.

AX

Yeah, thanks! I'm happy with that find. I like CIB but take them as they come, especially at $2.99 in trade dollars. I tested it but have yet to sit down and play.

Not bad on that Fatal Fury for GG, I don't have that yet. Coarse I only do CIB, but for that title I'd buy a cart if I found it and wait out the box. Great game.

AX

Yeah, thanks! I'm happy with that find. I like CIB but take them as they come, especially at $2.99 in trade dollars. I tested it but have yet to sit down and play.

Yeah, all the moves from the big Neo Geo game seem to be there. Mai even has jiggly boobs. I'm pretty sure that they never made this in a grid box (my preference for collecting) I think it was purple stripe in America, Picture box in Europe, and white in Japan. I'd be leaning towards the Picture box, and Purple if it ever showed up at a good price. The loose cart tends to go over $10. While the boxed generally try to fetch $40 or higher. It's one of those titles.

AX

I hope they peel off nice for ya. Nice find at a buck each!

I pulled the price off James Pond and it looked ok. Some of the other labels are already rough and I probably wont care @ $1. They had another 6 games but I did not feel like getting golf or football games. Using Pond, I just verified the Nomad I picked up a few weeks ago works.

They originally priced video game carts originally at $5. They also marked down SNES to $2. I don't even know why they differentiated them. I also found out they dumped a few of the systems and associated accessories. It looks like they only wanted to hold 2 mail bins full instead of overflowing 3 they had last week. I let them know that if they did't price it so high to begin with it would actually move off the shelf.

Edited by Almost Rice

Stopped by a local thrift today, been dried up for the past week or so.

Today I found Paper Mario for the N64, in box sans manual for $2.99! :D

Great find! I've been wanting that game.

Pretty dry for the last few months for me too at the local thrift store. Only thing I picked up was a loose, beat up copy of Kid Icarus NES for $1.99.