IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

what would you guys pay for a pretty common cart at like a flea market

Depends on the cart. True commons, no more than 50 cents each (because that's what the shells are worth to AA, and I easily have a couple hundred surplus already.) Less common stuff I'd pay a buck for, but as the price goes up to 2, 3, 4 bucks, my interest goes way down.

A bulk purchase with rarer games, and I'll go up on my bulk per-cart price. But sometimes I just get lucky. About six weeks ago some guy had a bunch of 2600 carts, and he said he wanted 50 cents each. The H.E.R.O. was an obvious buy, but he quickly said (before I could count and multiply by two :) that I could have the whole box for $10. Seeing as how there were a lot of carts (about 45 2600 and a dozen Intellivision), I quickly smiled and handed him a ten.

Colecovision carts haven't been easy for me to find, and I think I'd snap them up for a dollar each, no problem. But I still won't pay 3 or 4 bucks for a common.

Ok went to the local flea market and did not get that much. I got three games that I did not have before

1. slot racers

2. Vanguard

3. Championship soccer

I also got street racer which I found out that I did have

I got all this for $2

As far as how much I would pay for a common game. If it is a game that I have than not much. I don't see a need for a third combat game. If it is a game I don't have than I am willing to go up to $5. Of course I do have 210 games for the atari 2600 so there aren't that many common carts that I do not have.

A new thrift store is going to open in the next month or so, right next to the grocery store I work in. That's great news for me, making it handy to check the place out at lunchtime, but it's bad for my neighborhood. Thrift stores aren't the sign of an economically vital city. :sad:

I Officially LOVE thrifting!!!!!! This is By far my best find ever. I already have these carts but dups are really nice. FOund these at a junk store Sunday Morning.

Zenophobe, White LAbel space shuttle, Ms. PAc-Man, realsports tennis, realsports football, blue label Enduro, Circus Atari CIB, Sky junks CIB, Final Aproach sword quest cib, defender 2, and off the wall.

Got them all for $1 each.

I Would say that that was a great day!!

RD

Hey guys, this summer I'm going to be in Florida visiting my dad for a couple of months, and there are TONS of Flea Markets in his area. Could you guys give me a list of what you look for when you're at Flea Markets in terms of rare stuff? I know my NES-current stuff pretty well(except Master System), but as for Colecovision, 2600, 5200, 7800, etc, could you tell me what you look for? This would help me out immensely when looking through the boxes of such carts. Also, you guys would be the first I'd sell them to if I found anything good(I don't collect anything older than tg16, would just be looking for my own stuff and maybe make a buck in the process). Any help in this department would be greatly appreciated guys. Just games, systems, etc, and then I'll put together a master list. Thanks.

-Adam

Bootsale again, not loads, but woth the trip I suppose.

CIB NES (Mint, again..) + 3 pads, 5 carts (3 boxed) , a zapper, and that official NES arcade style stick thing (Pretty cool as i didnt have one. :) )

Again, £20.

I seem to have a bit of a stockpile of consoles appearing in the lounge right now....... :roll:

Si

today i got a super nintendo with 2 controllers,a mouse(used in mario paint) and 11 games one of which is super mario rpg for $20,also most of the games came with a strategy guide,it seemed like a good deal,i also got a final fantasy 7 strategy guide for $1 and a bunch of spawn action figures for 50 cents each

After venting that we hadn't seen one video game item for sale at all finally got lucky!

While traveling down a very congested main road on mother's day and sitting in quite a backup at a light I spotted a yard sale up ahed. Figured it wouldn't be much good since it's in such a prominent location but what the heck(it was at least a 10 minute wait anyway). Spotted an NES ('toaster'/front load)as we inched by. Got out of the car and doubled back said hello to the nice people and asked "if by chance they didnt happen to have any atari items for sale as well?" In the back and buried I found a dusty but recognizable 6 switch, 2 pointmaster& 2 standard atari joysticks and 2 sets of paddles, 3 intellivision games - nightstalker,donkey kong,las vegas poker/ blackjack. The whopping cost was 2$. Needless to say - SOLD. :)

Just wish they had had that Intellivision for sale as well, since we don't have one. I also picked up at the same yard sale but in great condition 4 NES games - Gauntlet (boxed), Robocop(w/ instructions), Dragon's lair(w/instructions), and tengen Pac Man in plastic case - they were .50 each and the price was just fine with me. :D

just some commons , but goodones nonetheless...

Sonic hedghog - megadrive boxed,with inst

revenge of shinobi - megadrive boxed

super mario 2 and 3 - NES

double dragon II - NES

Sonic 2 - sega master sys boxed

alien storm - SMS loose

chase hq -SMS loose

:)

Two discs.

Two hand covers.

A controller holder with the button pushers. (Red and blue)

A spinner motor.

A two sectioned Gyro holder.

Is there more? That's what mine has. Of course, I don't have the boxed one.

Oh, and the Robot part. Don't forget the robot. ;)

Do you have the shield for the eyes?

Shield? Huh? Guess not, whats it look like?

Yeah. I've never seen a shield. I need a picture to see if I have it already. If it's removable, I don't have it. And now I'm sad. I need one. I must complete my formerly completed until I learned something new ROB.

Do you have the shield for the eyes?

Shield? Huh? Guess not, whats it look like?

Yeah. I've never seen a shield. I need a picture to see if I have it already. If it's removable, I don't have it. And now I'm sad. I need one. I must complete my formerly completed until I learned something new ROB.

Well I did a little research and I am pretty sure this is what he is taliking about:

http://www.vidgame.net/NINTENDO/rob.htm

If you read down you will see that there were two ROB's one with an 'eye cover' and one with out. So our robots are complete!

Mine has everything in this photo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

However, if you look at this photo, there appears to be a cover of sometype? Maybe?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8104522205&rd=1