IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I "thrift" from time to time, but never seem to find anything. Today, I think I did ok. Input is appreciated! 8)

PaleGreen's $42 Bag-o-crap:

NES:

Blades of Steel

Dick Tracy

SNES:

Super Slap Shot (CIB)

VHS tape:

Legend of Zelda - Sing For the Unicorn (box)

GB Color:

Triple Play 2001

Toobin'

GameGear:

Arch Rivals

Mortal Kombat Arena

Beavis & Butthead

Genesis:

Genesis 1 console. Seems dead, but included 2 controllers in decent shape, RF unit, power supply

Sonic the Hedgehog - NFR label (1 loose, 1 in box)

Sonic & Knuckles

After Burner II

NHL All-Star Hockey 95

Lotus Turbo Challenge

NBA Live 95

NHLPA Hockey 93

Super Off-Road

FIFA International Soccer

Road Rash II

Top Gear 2

Found a Famicom clone shaped like a PlayStation, $6.95, found another 6 button Sega Saturn controller, $1.95, and in the same thrift store, I picked up a Polaris model 60AZ-D refracting telescope (no tripod) for $19.95. Also a copy of Greendog and Hard Drivin' for the Genesis, $4 each.

I went to the city today to hunt down some atari cratridges. I scoured the entire south side, going through the flea market and at least 15 thrift stores. The flea market was completely void of anything interesting except those pirate NES in a controller things for 40 bucks, but I declined. I scored a minor find at one thrift store, picking up sonic 2 and sonic 3d blast for genesis for 1.48, a gyromite(hoping to find a famicom converter inside) for 1.48 and an odd little nintendo book called My Very First Nintendo Gameboy: Super Mario's Adventures. The book looks like preschool age book with the thick cardboard kid proof pages and its shaped like a gameboy. Set into the front cover is a game(not electronic) where the gameboy buttons are replaced by rubber buttons that blow air and blow litle plastic balls inside around where you try to catch them in little pockets. The background of the game looks like mario 64 and the inside has graphics from mario 2 and mario world. Then at the very last thrift store i went to i walked in the door and saw the holy grail....two boxes full of Atari carts. Then i dug through and saw the prices...they were all marked 3.98 including combat, ET, video olympics. There were plenty of commons that i needed but i just couldn't see paying 3.98 for commons at at thrift store, so I left all but two of them there. I picked up mario bros and coconuts.

hmm....why is my post so much longer than everybody elses?

I got my first Heavy Sixer Joystick. (the kind I guess that has the disk on top... only mine is missing the disk :x ) $2.99

and a Super Controller for NES. You put a reular controller in it's case... and snap it in place. The next thing you have is a joystick looking thing for the directional pad. Strange... but cool looking. Fun to play with as well. $4

That's all... not a lot.

But I will cash in on Atari Games... and possibly a slew of Sega Saturn games on the 3rd of April. I can get 100 Atari games and 40 Sega Saturn games for @ $100 :)

I haven't posted lately, but I thought since Steve W was doing such a good job, and since my name is also Steve, I thought I'd share my day.

Outlays: Gas - $14. Miles on my truck - 180. Copenhagen - $4.50

Picked up an Atari 810 floppy drive w/no cables for $4

Atari 800 Basic Program Cart 50 cents

Complete boxed Tempest 2000 PC in NM condition $3

Wizardry Trilogy (1,2,3) complete 1987 XT version, NM condition, $10

Boxed C-64 carts Lazarian and Kickman (cool game) - $3 ea

Complete TI SR-51A scientific calculator w/box $4 works

loose blue TI TI-81 graphing calculator in unknown working condition $3

Orange NES zapper in well-fooded condition - $1

SNES Super Scope Receiver - $1

So not great, but I didn't strike out. Passed on two mint sealed Commie printers, one looked new in original sealed bag. I just don't do printers. :)

I went to the city today to hunt down some atari cratridges. I scoured the entire south side, going through the flea market and at least 15 thrift stores. The flea market was completely void of anything interesting except those pirate NES in a  controller things for 40 bucks, but I declined. I scored a minor find at one thrift store, picking up sonic 2 and sonic 3d blast for genesis for 1.48, a gyromite(hoping to find a famicom converter inside) for 1.48 and an odd little nintendo book called My Very First Nintendo Gameboy: Super Mario's Adventures. The book looks like  preschool age book with the thick cardboard kid proof pages and its shaped like a gameboy. Set into the front cover is a game(not electronic) where the gameboy buttons are replaced by rubber buttons that blow air and blow litle plastic balls inside around where you try to catch them in little pockets. The background of the game looks like mario 64 and the inside has graphics from mario 2 and mario world. Then at the very last thrift store i went to i walked in the door and saw the holy grail....two boxes full of Atari carts. Then i dug through and saw the prices...they were all marked 3.98 including combat, ET, video olympics. There were plenty of commons that i needed but i just couldn't see paying 3.98 for commons at at thrift store, so I left all but two of them there. I picked up mario bros and coconuts.

hmm....why is my post so much longer than everybody elses?

The last thrift you went too must have been UpTown Thirft I-240 & Penn.

Sorry but I beat you to the great ones by about a week (Pengo black label, Up N' Down, Jaw Breaker).

Anyways my finds today.

Saturn system with controller, power cord & Scud $15 (have'nt tested it yet)

Playstation system deck only $4

NES Games:

Ninja Gaiden II $2

Double Dragon II $2

Double Dragon III $2

Wizardry $2

Destiny of an Emperor $2

Genesis Games:

Double Dragon $2

Risky Woods $2

Hook $2

Last Battle $2

Had an ok day today,

3 nes games i didnt have, boxed for a buck a piece

Castlevania

Solstice??

Highspeed

2 DC commons, unopened for $5

Snow surfer

Suzuki allstare

And zoo cube for the cube, $5. What a dud this one is!

hey devo..since were both from brissy, we must be in competition for goood finds.....lol

anyways, i find it hard to find anything worthwile here, its been cleaned up mostly. Recently i did find some nice sega saturn titles, including Guardian Heroes at a local cashies.

Any ideas were i should go and check out for classic/retro gaming stuff here in brisbane/goldcoast ?

So far i have:

2xatari vaders, 1xatari Jr, 2 atari 7800, 1 atari Lynx

1xsega master, 3xmegadrive, 2xsaturn, 1xdreamcast, 1x gamegear

1xNES, 2xSNES, 1xN64, gameboy pocket

1x itellivision

1 colecovision......

I must have a look at Bayers Trading in stones corner, the fella lists all the shit on ebay, but i suppose i could save on postal costs.

Just go to flea markets, theres heaps here in qld. Try the carara?? markets down south. Bayers is ok, cept their store prices can be a bit rude.

Ebay in Brisbane is laughable to say the least, I have plenty of doubles on all systems if u r interested

Got some more PS2 promo disks, these must be given to stores or something. They are all full games with a language and 50/60hz selctor. Old but who cares for $5 a piece

Fantavision

ridg racer 5

lotus challenge

teken tag

DOA 2,, better on the dc imho

So i now have about 10, which is good coz ive never seen space channel 5 for sale.

Handfull of 2600 carts today (mostly ones that I didn't already have) for about .40 each:

Donkey Kong Jr

Millipede

Stargate

Winter Games

Dig Dug

Phoenix

Spider Fighter

Midnight Magic

Enduro

Gleaming the Rubik's Cube

I couldn't find a real world value on the last one, just a DP value. Still seems like a good day for once (even if I don't really collect 2600 intentionally.)

Bought a Sega Saturn with two controllers and Center Ring Boxing, Quarterback Attack, Nascar 98, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, Nights Into Dreams Sampler, and Saturn Bootleg Sampler for $35. Bought Gauntlet Legends and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness for N64, $2.50 each. Super Thunder Blade for Sega Genesis, $3.93. And I didn't realise it until after I was on my way out the door, but the thrift store lady overcharged me for some Intellivision games. Boxing, Bomb Squad, NBA Basketball, Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack, and Triple Action, overcharged at $2.92 each. :x I'm really quiet and shy, and I didn't want to make a stink about it. Oh well.

I passed up a mangy looking boxed Commodore VIC-20 for $7.99, it looked like it had been used as an ashtray all these years. It had a power supply, some other cables, and a couple of cassettes (Neither were Ultima, I checked) but i've never been interested in the VIC-20 anyway. I hope it goes to somebody who'll really enjoy it.