IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Bought a Dreamcast Arcade Stick for $3 at a glorified flea market Saturday. Dirty, beat up, there's rust on the bottom and on the stick, but it works. There was a Mad Catz Force Pack in it that doesn't seem to work. Also bought two PS1 games for $1 each: Crash Bandicoot and Tunnel B1.

Edited by CRV
  • Like 1

I found a few things at a used cd/dvd/game store including the 2600 game, Genesis Games and the two DVD's. The Second Sight Bonus DVD that was only if you pre-ordered was bought online, it's a hard one to get for Gamecube collector's. The other two paper looking things are Animal Crossing postcards that I also received online recently but I was disappointed that one has a bent corner and the condition was "New" as stated. Oh well, that's how it usually goes but I still got some good deals and the games were a cool thrift find.

post-4103-0-07458400-1366191448_thumb.jpg

$2.99 - ATARI 2600: CIB Sorcerer's Apprentice (Fold-Out Manual/Poster is nice, Box has the wear to the top flap...don't you hate that!

$2.99 - GENESIS: CASE AND CART ONLY Chuck Rock

$2.99 - GENESIS: CASE AND CART ONLY Fantasia

$0.99 - DVD: Mary Kay Biography Channel Show

$0.99 - 2-DISC DVD: Pressure Cook Season One ? What? has anyone even heard of this one, they have had some crazy reality shows on who knows what TV channels

$5.50 - (I got the game complete and in great shape for my personal collection for the 5.50 so this extra DVD was nearly free to me, the game in the condition it's in is worth 5 bucks to me) - BONUS DVD FOR PRE-ORDER OF Second Sight (All Access Documentary and Interviews with the creators of TimeSplitters and Second Sight)

$5.50 - TWO POSTCARDS: Promotional Items for Animal Crossing Wild World (bought online, condition was not as stated but still worth it to me

I can never seem to find anything nice at Thrift shops, Goodwil, salvation army, etc. :(

Just depends where you are and hitting it at the right time. It also depends on your goodwill. Some send anything half decent right to the auction site.

Ours just sells various George Foreman grills and table lamps these days. Always that odd solo speaker too.

I can never seem to find anything nice at Thrift shops, Goodwil, salvation army, etc. :(

It comes and goes ... I hadn't found anything at our local Salvation Army for quite some time ... then, all the sudden, I find a Speak & Spell, some Thomas wooden trains, bin of Star Wars legos and an old unused Zoids kit. Persistence seems to be the key for me.

Video games are harder and harder to come by, though.

Can you say score??????

$20

I went to a craigslist add that listed atari and 60 games for $20 thats all I knew and it was like 45 minutes away. I figured hell I can't lose? Set-it up last night at 9:30 pm and went first thing this morning after work.

Wait for the last pics. No not for sale!!

Again $20 and maybe $6 in gas (new car gets 40 mpg)

100_3407_zpsd9660831.jpg

100_3408_zps1946554f.jpg

100_3409_zps5b91d376.jpg

100_3412_zps107d71fc.jpg

100_3413_zpsbf417df6.jpg

100_3414_zps2454612d.jpg

100_3415_zps977ce9ee.jpg

100_3411_zpse58d61d3.jpg

100_3416_zpsb60c6cb6.jpg

100_3417_zps001557b4.jpg

100_3418_zpsf7e94d30.jpg

100_3420_zps789efc05.jpg

100_3421_zpsddc5dd4c.jpg

100_3419_zpsf39cadf8.jpg

• Like 8

Can you say score??????

$20

Yep ... score. You've just lived out the fantasy of most people here on the forums (at least the ones that don't involve being marooned on a deserted isle with scantily clad women).

Might be a good idea to play the lottery today ;).

• Like 1

And yet no mention of Crazy Climber in that lot, that is one of the few I have yet to see in the wild. I have seen several SQWW and CTCW but never a CC.

Nice score!

OMG I love you! My atari knowledge is lacking and I have not really had a chance to look up all the games but look at the first lot of games right side halfway down under the swordquest games... Here is a closer look :) F____YA

100_3422_zpsad5e7b3a.jpg

I was in the Savers across the street and looking at the boy's toys (as I find robot toys there pretty regularly) and I found a full peg of these boxed NES games. Some are CIB, some are missing parts, but they are in pretty good shape. I'm not going to post what I paid, because I don't collect NES and am definitely reselling them, but I figured I'd get more than I paid for each.

post-24585-0-25145700-1366313972_thumb.jpg

The titles I got were:

Kiwi Kraze (CIB I think)

Dr. Mario (is missing sleeve, manual, and I think the foam piece in the bottom of box)

Battletoads (is missing cover page and page 1 of manual but complete otherwise)

Laser Invasion (is missing manual but complete otherwise)

Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (CIB)

Super Cars (missing everything but cart and box)

Operation Secret Storm (CIB I believe)

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (CIB I believe)

I thought it was a pretty good score. I'm going to post a sales thread here in a minute, but I don't really know what any of them are worth.

• Like 2