IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Emerson VR22. The rechargeable battery pack seems long out of stock, it's nowhere to be found except for one on eBay. Thankfully the battery compartment also takes regular AA batteries.

Not too much online about it. I was thinking it looked very similar to one I saw recently, but I dont remember the brand. That one had an 1/8 jack for video input and a 50/60hz switch. I found a service manual for it http://www.ciconelectronics.com/vr22.html That's a physical manual for sale, not online :-(

I can't edit my last post with extra info but I found a page that might be interesting if you wanted to know about that little TV I got: http://www.guenthoer.de/e-tube.htm down a few paragraphs to Nordmende TR-101. I looked at all the pictures they had, the shell differs but the control and antenna place are all exactly the same. Looks like many of the models are rebranded from Nordmende model?

forgot to add the screen size is about 1.5" diagonal. Roughly half a standard playing card.

Edited by Uzumaki

I can't edit my last post with extra info but I found a page that might be interesting if you wanted to know about that little TV I got: http://www.guenthoer.de/e-tube.htm down a few paragraphs to Nordmende TR-101. I looked at all the pictures they had, the shell differs but the control and antenna place are all exactly the same. Looks like many of the models are rebranded from Nordmende model?

forgot to add the screen size is about 1.5" diagonal. Roughly half a standard playing card.

I had one of those small TV's once. I believe it was also an Emerson, though it was a different model that took regular D batteries. I never did use it much and eventually sold it in a garage sale. It worked as advertised, though, tiny as it was.

big_screen_zps554946a3.png

An older US silver dollar can almost completely cover the screen. I think 1.5" is the smallest standard CRT style ever made for use in portable TVs. I've seen smaller (about 1/2") that were used in video camera's view finder but it's not used as portable TV.

That monitor is sooo cute!! I bet it would still give you a nice little shock if you dischrged "by hand".

$40 craigslist deal. The Girl taped every single game to it's corresponding manual. Drove me insane. Not only did she tape them but she taped them tight from manual to game (pushed tape close to game before she stuck on manual). I had to use an exacto knife just to get something that would slice the tape apart in the tiny area where a small air pocket was.

100_3515_zps55f543f7.jpg

• Like 2

I thought I had run across a boxed vic-20 at a thrift store yesterday. Opened the box up to find a 2600 with no PS and a set of paddles. For $8, I'll take the deal.

Got it home and it does work :)

B

LOL that's hilarious, probably around 99 or 2000 I found a vic-20 in a 2600 box at a yardsale :D

• Like 1

I had one of those Goodwill scores where you know you are the first one to go through a fresh game dump by what is still in there...

2013xboxps1haul.jpg

There were a ton of complete xbox games for $1.99 each...grabbed 5 I didn't have and two I knew I could resell. The PSX games were only $.99 each, and it was pretty easy to decide which ones to take.

• Like 4

If you're lucky, you might find Madden for PS1 at a Goodwill around here.

Went to an antiques and collectibles festival and bought a set of N64 cartridges for $10: Goldeneye (x2), The World is Not Enough, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, NFL Blitz, NBA Hangtime, NASCAR 99, Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue. A lot of stuff I didn't want, but I thought it was worth it for the Bond games at least. Haven't cleaned or tested them yet, though.

Absolutely kid you not...at a Salvation Army:

$249.99 for an original out-of-the-box just-sitting-there Xbox. In my mind I'm thinking--it OBVIOUSLY has to be a typo. But with the current trend lately my laugher turned to tears, it could have been real. Didn't want to ask anyone for fear of their nose being dislocated.

Absolutely kid you not...at a Salvation Army:

$249.99 for an original out-of-the-box just-sitting-there Xbox. In my mind I'm thinking--it OBVIOUSLY has to be a typo. But with the current trend lately my laugher turned to tears, it could have been real. Didn't want to ask anyone for fear of their nose being dislocated.

But a typo of what? $24.99? That's still high for an xbox to me

B

The PSX games were only $.99 each, and it was pretty easy to decide which ones to take.

Nice.

On the other hand, it would ruin my day to find a Symphony of the Night at a thrift, only to find that it was scratched up beyond all repair. Because I have yet to find any decent PSX games in the wild that are actually worth buying.

Well you found more than I found at the flea market last Monday =) One guy had a box of 2600 carts, but nothing I really needed (no idea what the prices were), and another guy had a box of NES stuff, but it looked like they wanted $40 for the whole lot, and none of the carts were exciting enough to ask if they'd sell seperate.

Went to a flea market today, there was far more Atari/classic gaming stuff than I expected. Most of it was common and priced too high but it was good to see anyway. I ended up buying Snakes Revenge and Fester's Quest for the NES for $3 each. Also picked up a DVD of "The Room" for $2.

You're going to love that The Room DVD.

My second score in two months, making me officially lucky. Tonight's price of admission was US$50. Not pictured are many other loose carts, a working light sixer system, and a few more complete boxes in VG+ condition. But I believe these are the best of the bunch based on my limited Atari 2600 knowledge (and heapings of help from Atariage guides). The only box was that still shrinkwrapped was Pengo, which I thought was a lucky+1 bonus. ;)

post-35444-0-24207900-1370319322_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My second score in two months, making me officially lucky. Tonight's price of admission was US$50. Not pictured are many other loose carts, a working light sixer system, and a few more complete boxes in VG+ condition. But I believe these are the best of the bunch based on my limited Atari 2600 knowledge (and heapings of help from Atariage guides). The only box was that still shrinkwrapped was Pengo, which I thought was a lucky+1 bonus. ;)

Great find at a great price! Enjoy them or enjoy the profits either way that you go.