IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Got some unexpected finds today at Savers. Mixed in with the DVDs was a sealed copy of Veigues Tactical Gladiator for the TurboGrafx-16 for $6.99. As soon as I found that I went straight to the electronics section to see if the console was there, but there was none to be seen.

attachicon.gifMVC-003F.JPG

Great to find any TG-16 game sealed in the wild! That particular game, though, should probably remain sealed. You might want to check back, sometimes everything doesn't hit the floor at once.

Great to find any TG-16 game sealed in the wild! That particular game, though, should probably remain sealed. You might want to check back, sometimes everything doesn't hit the floor at once.

Oh, I agree. I don't open anything sealed I find. I don't really collect games, I just grab the ones which I think would be interesting to play, and if I come across a sealed games I'll either leave it or pick it up and try to sell it to someone who does care about collecting sealed games. Same thing with boxed things.

This particular Savers is really out of the way, so I probably won't be back until the next time I hit that particular grocery store next door. I might be landing a really good Craigslist deal here with a Turbografx-16 in a couple hours, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Really big find today. I went onto Craigslist and did my usual searches. 'Atari': nothing. 'Sega': nothing. '3DO': nothing. Nothing good at all. I don't usually search for 'Intellivision', but I decided to give it a shot today. Boy am I glad I did, because it brought up a huge lot posted two hours before with a lot of good stuff which, for some reason, didn't come up in my previous searches even though it included things which were both Atari and Sega, and were labelled as such.
Sega

post-31618-0-73286100-1388634531_thumb.jpg

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis (2x model one, 1x model three)

Sega Saturn (x2)

Sega CD model two (this wasn't even mentioned in the post, but when I showed up he said he found it and threw it in the bin)

Intellivision

post-31618-0-84255300-1388634719_thumb.jpg

post-31618-0-65392900-1388634759_thumb.jpg

Intellivision model one (x2)

A bunch of boxed games of various condition

NEC

post-31618-0-01565600-1388634833_thumb.jpg

TurboGrafx-16 (x2)

Core Grafx

Atari

post-31618-0-55199900-1388635041_thumb.jpg

Boxed Atari Jaguar

Misc.

post-31618-0-55288000-1388635124_thumb.jpg

Damage done was $200 for everything. The guy I bought it from got it all out of a storage shed he's cleaning out (I assume for some family member) and told me he'll call me if he ends up finding any of the cables or controllers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he finds a box full of the stuff.

I've been looking for a TurboGrafx-16, Master System, and Jaguar for a long time now. This is really exciting for me.

• Like 8

Really big find today. I went onto Craigslist and did my usual searches. 'Atari': nothing. 'Sega': nothing. '3DO': nothing. Nothing good at all. I don't usually search for 'Intellivision', but I decided to give it a shot today. Boy am I glad I did, because it brought up a huge lot posted two hours before with a lot of good stuff which, for some reason, didn't come up in my previous searches even though it included things which were both Atari and Sega, and were labelled as such.Sega

attachicon.gifMVC-002F.JPG

Sega Master System

Sega Genesis (2x model one, 1x model three)

Sega Saturn (x2)

Sega CD model two (this wasn't even mentioned in the post, but when I showed up he said he found it and threw it in the bin)

Intellivision

Looks like you have a lot of cleaning to do this year.

attachicon.gifMVC-003F.JPG

attachicon.gifMVC-003F (2).JPG

Intellivision model one (x2)

A bunch of boxed games of various condition

NEC

attachicon.gifMVC-004F.JPG

TurboGrafx-16 (x2)

Core Grafx

Atari

attachicon.gifMVC-005F.JPG

Boxed Atari Jaguar

Misc.

attachicon.gifMVC-004F (2).JPG

Damage done was $200 for everything. The guy I bought it from got it all out of a storage shed he's cleaning out (I assume for some family member) and told me he'll call me if he ends up finding any of the cables or controllers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he finds a box full of the stuff.

I've been looking for a TurboGrafx-16, Master System, and Jaguar for a long time now. This is really exciting for me.

Went to the "Computers for Kids" yardsale and decided to grab some old boxed PC and Amiga software. $5 for the entire lot so I figured what the hell. The first picture is DOS software (the one sierra box is Thexder) and the second and third pictures are Amiga and some are both Amiga and Atari ST. All appear complete with all disks, manuals, catalogs, maps, etc.

post-2493-0-20371700-1388849084_thumb.jpg

post-2493-0-13532300-1388849099_thumb.jpg

post-2493-0-74715500-1388849113_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

IMG_20140106_122355728_zpsocx6qrwd.jpg

These three bundles were $8.99 each at Salvation Army. Since Silent Hill was in one stack, RE2 and Medievil were in another, and RE Director's Cut was in the third, I decided to go for it. 29 games for $26.97 isn't so bad considering.

IMG_20140106_183148706_zpsyue5ngg_edit_1

The pawn shop worker said $5 for all PS2 games. I said yes and thank you!

• Like 3

Found some Atari 7800 Games today bundled together. Four packs of 10 games for $8 each ... bought them all. Included was Double Dragon, Midnight Mutants, Commando, Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl and Planet Smashers. They had some Atari 5200 game packs as well ... but I can't see the labels to see if there's anything good so I left them!

post-31049-0-02565300-1389292528_thumb.jpg post-31049-0-01087400-1389292547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fushek
  • Like 8

Found some Atari 7800 Games today bundled together. Four packs of 10 games for $8 each ... bought them all. Included was Double Dragon, Midnight Mutants, Commando, Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl and Planet Smashers. They had some Atari 5200 game packs as well ... but I can't see the labels to see if there's anything good so I left them!

attachicon.gifGames 1.JPG attachicon.gifGames 2.JPG

Did you get these at the Exchange? That how ours packs them when they have them in.

• Like 1

Sweet hauls lately! I have to live vicariously for awhile as all new gaming purchases are banned, following my acquisition of Mario and Luigi Wii+ controllers from Amazon. My wife opened the box thinking it was baby toys and was not placated by me explaining that they were for the baby to play with too!

-- That Newton looks beautiful

-- I can never resist mixed game packs. Got my 2600 Threshold that way.

-- orangest, my sincere jealousies--that is a hard one to find complete!

• Like 1

A decent little find this weekend:

attachicon.gifVirtualFind.jpg

99 cents each at the friendly neighborhood Goodwill. Three of the four cartridges even came with their connector caps.

Nice! I've never even held a Virtual Boy let alone find anything for it in the wild. Nice pickup ... some day I may pick one of those up just to see how big a headache I get from playing it!

OK ... I went back and picked up the other games :) (place is 2 minutes from my office). 14 Atari 5200 games for around $1 each. Nothing to write home about, but some solid titles of Moon Patrol, Mario Bros and Ms. Pacman.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Did you get those at the Game Connection (I think that's the name of it) in Cleveland? I think maybe on the south side or something?

Nice! I've never even held a Virtual Boy let alone find anything for it in the wild. Nice pickup ... some day I may pick one of those up just to see how big a headache I get from playing it!

My brother's friend had (has?) one, and I played Wario on one at a Blockbuster briefly...didn't play long enough to get headaches, but I was having a little trouble keeping my eyes focused.

Still waiting for Virtual Boy to hit the 3DS Virtual Console =| I don't know what they're waiting for...

Saw a weird thing at Goodwill this weekend. It was a pure black plastic gun that plugged into something. The connector looked like the one on a model 1 Genesis A/V cable, but I don't think it was exactly the same.

Could have been a pistol from one of the old pong systems. Some of those had plugs instead of being hardwired IIRC

Was it something like this?

Edited by AtariLeaf

Saw a weird thing at Goodwill this weekend. It was a pure black plastic gun that plugged into something. The connector looked like the one on a model 1 Genesis A/V cable, but I don't think it was exactly the same.

Master System had a light gun that used a din 9 connector. There are also allot of famiclones that use light guns with a din 9 plug. It could have been that I see them at goodwill from time to time.

Master System had a light gun that used a din 9 connector. There are also allot of famiclones that use light guns with a din 9 plug. It could have been that I see them at goodwill from time to time.

I have a few of these and it always pisses me off to see them sold on ebay as "rare vintage Atari light guns".