IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Good one :) I have an 80's collection for my in progress game room including a Change Machine, Claw Machine, Jukebox, the Pepsi Machine and Gumball Machines so a Phone Booth will complete my version of my local arcade from 70's/80's (including all the arcade machines:)

Love the Pepsi machine. Have any pics? I was working on an 80s collection/room.

I will post some when I get things in order, water heater ruptured and everything is moved while I get the carpet redone. Do you have pics?

I had posted some pics about a year ago but then I moved to Timbuktu (Brookings, OR) for my job and had to sell most of it due to no more available space. I have a few things left if you want them for free, PM me and we can work out the addy details.

For $30 I found five sealed M Network games and a boxed Starplex controller.

Ooh, a Starplex! I have played mine to bits and pieces for the past 27 or so years. I have changed the cord at least once, removed all the interior electronics and just soldered on the wires onto the buttons. Suffice to say the autofire function no longer works, but the controller itself still does. I suppose they're not that hard to obtain if I would like a spare one, a friend of mine has a NOS in box but then again it would almost require an emergency to break in a previously untouched controller.

Regarding the phone booth and Superman, perhaps it works that way that you need a phone booth to attract Superman, just like you put up birdhouses to get birds to nest in your garden? Not sure if it would work the same way with other clientele hanging around phone booths.

While looking for games for the SNES I'm getting in the mail soon, I asked one of my friends who we talked about buying/selling SNES stuff a few months ago, and sells me this lot for $25. It didn't include any hookup cables(he didn't have any to spare), but he said everything works, so I'll take his word on it.

He threw the Wii steering wheel as an added bonus. :-D

post-26390-0-75377300-1384142958_thumb.jpg

Games included:

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

F-Zero

John Madden Football

Pilotwings

StarFox

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Super Black Bass

Super Empire Strikes Back

Super Mario World

Super Return of the Jedi

• Like 4

That's a nice bundle for $25. If you have a retro store near you, you could probably add a power supply and A/V cable for around $20. But if you're getting those with your other SNES bundle, then you've got yourself some great games to get started with, and a back-up console to boot.

• Like 1