IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found some random stuff including a nice silver dualshock 2, and a cassete holder that I was going to use for genesis games, but found it works perfectly for atari carts. Now I know how the atari cart holders that look the same were manufactured.

DTDTH_HW4AANIHe.jpg

IMG_20180108_171052.jpg

• Like 2

Put in a low bid on a lot from Goodwill's auction site and won it. Ten dollars for the bid, then sixteen dollars shipping. It included a Sega Master System (system only, doesn't work, going to replace the voltage regulator and see if that fixes it), a Game Gear (didn't realize it when I bid, but the Game Gear came with an AC Adapter and the game World Series Baseball '95). Also included was a system called the Game Wave. Looked it up and it seems it was mainly like a family oriented trivia system. No games, controllers or anything with it. Also (not pictured) was some Leapster stuff, some Skylanders figures I've already thrown away, and a PC game. All this last stuff will probably find a way to the garbage. But as far as what I'm keeping, not a bad deal at all for $26.

Edit: And I say I'm keeping it... I'll probably end up trying to sell what is pictured here. Already have the Sega systems and don't really care about the Game Wave. We'll see.

post-21069-0-37389600-1515609547_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eltigro

Just nabbed this for $70. I'm keeping Dragon Warrior Monster 2, DW3, f-zero and selling the rest. The pokemon blue and silver will get new batteries installed and plopped on the bay. Leaf green and fire red have already been listed. I just found out those do not use a save battery.

Using his picture.

post-25078-0-69239800-1515954498.jpg

• Like 2

Put in a low bid on a lot from Goodwill's auction site and won it. Ten dollars for the bid, then sixteen dollars shipping. It included a Sega Master System (system only, doesn't work, going to replace the voltage regulator and see if that fixes it), a Game Gear (didn't realize it when I bid, but the Game Gear came with an AC Adapter and the game World Series Baseball '95). Also included was a system called the Game Wave. Looked it up and it seems it was mainly like a family oriented trivia system. No games, controllers or anything with it. Also (not pictured) was some Leapster stuff, some Skylanders figures I've already thrown away, and a PC game. All this last stuff will probably find a way to the garbage. But as far as what I'm keeping, not a bad deal at all for $26.

Edit: And I say I'm keeping it... I'll probably end up trying to sell what is pictured here. Already have the Sega systems and don't really care about the Game Wave. We'll see.

attachicon.gifIMG_4231.JPG

Just plugged in the Game Wave, and it had a game inside! lol Hooked it up and it works. Super quiet dvd drive... no fans? Too bad I don't have any controllers to test it out...

post-21069-0-88105200-1516069618_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is a pretty good deal, I think. N64s are starting to go up...

I am way out of the N64 market, I don't know much about their pricing except every time I come across a loose Super Mario N64 cart that looks like it's been washed with acid rain someone wants over $40 for it.

I'm more of a Nintendo fanboy than an Atari one. That said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of the N64. I've had one since Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out, but only have 15-20 carts for it. I actually bought it before getting a Playstation, and that was a mistake. My biggest gripes are that the controller was uncomfortable to use, and the foggy, blurry polygons in most of the games just didn't do it for me.

The prices that N64 stuff goes for are nuts these days! I think it's a combination of the lack of reliable, easy emulation and the current retro craze that are driving prices up.

Wow can you say score! I woke up this morning and loaded up Facebook and seen a listing on a garage sale site for Zoo pals. This lady had 7 unopened cases for $30. Someone had asked her an hour earlier if it was for one case. She had replied no all. So I quickly did an ebay search and found out these are discontinued and are selling for about $20 a box. I sent a PM and she said first come gets them. I said I am on my way LOL. I had to go out there today anyhow for a case of pizza sauce so she was only 15 minutes out of my way.

Now each case has 10 boxes of 24 pieces, so at $20 a box that's $200 a case X 7 cases is $1400 of zoo pals for $30. Even if I only sell them for like $17 shipped I will still bank $10 a box or $700 profit. Although I will be keeping some for my twin 4 year olds boys who jumped me soon as I came home asking what they were lol. I told them zoo pals, and they yelled "zoo pals" can we have them?

post-25078-0-21746200-1516203182_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm more of a Nintendo fanboy than an Atari one. That said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of the N64. I've had one since Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out, but only have 15-20 carts for it. I actually bought it before getting a Playstation, and that was a mistake. My biggest gripes are that the controller was uncomfortable to use, and the foggy, blurry polygons in most of the games just didn't do it for me.

The prices that N64 stuff goes for are nuts these days! I think it's a combination of the lack of reliable, easy emulation and the current retro craze that are driving prices up.

This is how I feel about the N64 as well, and I enjoy the games better on the Wii U. They (N64 games) still have crappy, early 3D graphics, but the pro controller is certain more comfortable!

• Like 1

YOU FOOL!!! Zoo Pals are the Stadium Events of utensils. You need to carefully place them on eBay one at a time and wait for enough time to pass for the prices to rebound back up. Putting them all up at once will flood the market and deflate their value.

Send a few to get sealed and VGA graded too.

• Like 2

YOU FOOL!!! Zoo Pals are the Stadium Events of utensils. You need to carefully place them on eBay one at a time and wait for enough time to pass for the prices to rebound back up. Putting them all up at once will flood the market and deflate their value.

Send a few to get sealed and VGA graded too.

lol

Only a fool would put up 70 at once. I did however list 10 available and I did it that way to show I had opened a fresh case. Selling them for $13.99 each plus $3 s/h, $1 each additional.

Already sold 2. I am banking $11.xx each after fees and shipping. I already made $22-$23 back out the of $30 I spent lol. All I have to do is sell 1 more to be in the profit zone. Then it's $11.xx profit every time I spend 2 minutes putting them in a box and taping a label on it. I don't drive to PO every day either. They generally get put right in my mailbox.