IGNORED

Flag Day Crapacular Tournament

Crap Title Selections  

8 members have voted

1. 1. President's Day Title (select one)

• Toffy
    • Chimera Beast
    • Cybattler
    • Batsugun
  2. 2. Easter Tournament Titles (select three)

• Karate Champ
    • Rescue
    • Rush 'n Attack
    • Super Missile Attack
  3. 3. Memorial Day Titles (select one)

• Donkey Kong 3
    • Pole Position II (Any Track)
    • Sinistar
    • Super Breakout
  4. 4. Black & White Title (select one)

• Sky Raider
    • Super Bug
    • Dead Eye
    • Frogs
  5. 5. Color Title (select one)

• Space Chaser
    • Tunnel Hunt
    • Devil Zone
    • Sky Chuter

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just wanted to post a note with some of my updates.

@Rob--these are going by memory and are only approximate. Obviously these are not "official submissions", I'm just putting them here because some of them are good for the top spot as things stand right now, and I thought some players might want to know what's coming so they can shoot for them over the weekend. I'll post exact scores with photos before the deadline (I'm sure it goes without saying that I'm not necessarily done trying on these games :D ).

Rush N' Attack: 147k

Marble Madness: 24,800ish

Super Missile Attack: 42k

Tried DK3 for the first time last night; played for about 20 minutes or so. Man, I stink at that one.

Some good tips from the champ himself right here:

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2119684

Thanks for the info, Pat.

3. On the blue, and black/gray board levels you are better off trying to shoot all the bugs instead of shooting Donkey Kong all the way up the ropes.

<snip>

5. When firing at the bugs, don't jump and shoot. Just shoot, the spray goes farther than you would imagine. When you jump, and shoot, you can't get out of the way of the stingers because you are in mid air.

Heh, I learned these two tips on my own the hard way, and as soon as I did my score shot up over 100k. Will post my best soon.

Edited by Cynicaster

post-29539-0-67086800-1309048515_thumb.jpg

1943 - 1,684,430.

I might have a little unfair advantage on this one, seeing that it's one of my alltime fav's. What a shooter this game is.

The difficulty changes significantly from MAME's default stting of 0(easiest) to Atariage's required tourney setting of 8(normal).

I did this at Cynicaster's.

Onto Rush n Attack.

post-29539-0-67086800-1309048515_thumb.jpg

1943 - 1,684,430.

I might have a little unfair advantage on this one, seeing that it's one of my alltime fav's. What a shooter this game is.

The difficulty changes significantly from MAME's default stting of 0(easiest) to Atariage's required tourney setting of 8(normal).

I did this at Cynicaster's.

Onto Rush n Attack.

I made sure to unplug the machine and re-gain the top score.

I really enjoyed Marble Madness, but I always welcome the opportunity to be introduced to games I've never played before. So, in keeping with that, my nod for fave goes to Rescue, with Cybattler close behind.

Didn't care much for Tunnel Hunt (the nausea) and Sky Raider (gameplay a little too basic to have lasting appeal).

I enjoyed Rush'n attack because that's one of the last game I played at my local arcade 25 years ago.

I played a few games at Funspot 12 last year but did not played again until this contest.

I know it looks simple and redundant but it's challenging.

I think I will try to complete the game, I'm pretty good on the first two stages and I'm about half way in the third.

While thinking about my local arcade it rememded me that all my favorites games were all at tha place at some time ... or is it that I enjoy the game because I played them alot?

Probably the second :-)

Games I didn't like: 1943, Cybattler, Marble Madness, Rush N Attack & Sundance (only because of the controls)

Games I liked: DK3, Rescue, Sky Raider, Super Missile Attack & Tunnel Hunt

BTW: Independence Tourney is coming up already - the last one of the year...I'll get that started

Edited by rmaerz