IGNORED

Robinson's Requiem now available for the Jaguar CD

Songbird

Thanks for all the kind words, and special thanks to those of you who have already started spreading the word online! Keep it going, and once I see a few more links posted to this thread (or at least confirmations you've put out a Twitter/FB update), I'll post a pic with the Amaray case opened so you can get a glimpse of the glossy booklet and full-color disc. :)

I totally tweeted about this for you http://twitter.com/#!/ESELdesign

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words, and special thanks to those of you who have already started spreading the word online! Keep it going, and once I see a few more links posted to this thread (or at least confirmations you've put out a Twitter/FB update), I'll post a pic with the Amaray case opened so you can get a glimpse of the glossy booklet and full-color disc. :)

Perhaps sometime Carl you can tell the story of your journey to find Silmarils and how they became who they are now and what it took to get everything you needed squared away. That would be interesting reading. :)

• Like 1

This game is one of the reasons I bought a 3DO back in the day. I wanted to play those games announced for the Jag that never made it... like this one, Creature Shock, Demolition Man, etc. That simple 3DO purchase turned into a long lived obsession and massive collection of nearly every 3DO game released.

Now that this is finally available for the Jag, you know I HAVE to get it. Thanks for sticking with it Carl!

This game is one of the reasons I bought a 3DO back in the day. I wanted to play those games announced for the Jag that never made it... like this one, Creature Shock, Demolition Man, etc. That simple 3DO purchase turned into a long lived obsession and massive collection of nearly every 3DO game released.

Now that this is finally available for the Jag, you know I HAVE to get it. Thanks for sticking with it Carl!

I remember reading about this while waiting for it to come out for the Jaguar on the fanzine WildCat back in the early 90s. Whoever ran that fanzine did a review of the Falcon version.

This is very exciting. One of the games I definitely wanted to get. Been a long time coming :)

Youtubers claim the 3do version of RR "the introduction is more longer than PC version, and PC version don't have FMV inside the game, at this time Silmaris has realized beautifull games. I'm looking for that game on ebay but impossible to find it"

And according to Cyberroach the Jag version:

This week, the Internet received its first update on this JagCD project, and it's decidedly more encouraging that rumors that had been bandied about. Let's tune in now and find out what Jag contributions we can expect from Simarils this year:

We already knew about "Robinson's Requiem", but now it is much faster than the other versions and is graphically far superior with the many textures that have been added to it, lots of good FMV... Should be out by the end of May.

It will be interesting to see if it has as much FMV and stuff as the 3do version or less.

hmmm.. $50 for postage to the uk. I'm sure there is some mistake there

No, that is correct. I only use the US Post Office for shipping, and after having multiple lost orders in 2009-10 using the cheaper First Class international rates (which does not include tracking), I finally switched to Express Mail to guarantee worldwide tracking and delivery. Note that shipping is still a flate rate, so you can order multiple games and the shipping rate will not go up.

$50 shipping for a $50 item is a deal-breaker for me :( And no, getting more items is not an option for me since, as a collector, I already have everything :D

@CD-I, if you do a combined order, I'm in. Shipping a DVD case from Germany to The Netherlands should not be that expensive. Else I wait till Nick Harlow (16-32 systems) has it in stock. Maybe Nick can do the combined order instead of you since he is already dealer for SongBird.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

$50 shipping for a $50 item is a deal-breaker for me :( And no, getting more items is not an option for me since, as a collector, I already have everything :D

You could always take Ax up on his offer :-

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/182663-robinsons-requiem-now-available-for-the-jaguar-cd/page__view__findpost__p__2290784

Just a quick note I will be stocks Robinsons Requiem for Jagauar and shipping from the UK at European Small Package rates. Carl and I are already sorting this out.

If there is enough interest I will put a preorder link up later for the webshop.

Nick

16/32 Systems

Edited by Nick Harlow
  • Like 3

Thank you to all the Jag fans who have already ordered! It's pretty neat to see 30+ sales in the first few days for a classic system like this. I've shipped about 20 games so far, and will keep cranking more out each night until I'm caught up.

Also, after further consideration, I've reduced flate rate international shipping to $40 (down from $50). Anyone who already ordered at the full $50 shipping price will receive a $10 refund, but please be patient with me since it will be a manual process. There are still two days left for the sale price on Robinson's Requiem along with the new reduced shipping price.

I will be buying one from Nick H as soon as he starts selling them (even $40 shipping is more than I can justify).

Thanks so much for getting this released Carl, like everyone else, I've been waiting a long time to play this one.

Youtubers claim the 3do version of RR "the introduction is more longer than PC version, and PC version don't have FMV inside the game, at this time Silmaris has realized beautifull games. I'm looking for that game on ebay but impossible to find it"

And according to Cyberroach the Jag version:

This week, the Internet received its first update on this JagCD project, and it's decidedly more encouraging that rumors that had been bandied about. Let's tune in now and find out what Jag contributions we can expect from Simarils this year:

We already knew about "Robinson's Requiem", but now it is much faster than the other versions and is graphically far superior with the many textures that have been added to it, lots of good FMV... Should be out by the end of May.

It will be interesting to see if it has as much FMV and stuff as the 3do version or less.

There are two versions of the game, a floppy disk one and a cd-rom one. The CD-ROM has a lot more of cutscenes, FMV's etc. So here's a teaser from my CT63 equipped falcon. CD-ROM version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_YVEaxBTY