IGNORED

WTB: CD-i Games

Austin

(Note: Open to trades! See the attached text document, last updated 10/22/2011)

I am currently looking for the following CD-i games, all CIB. Outer sleeve isn't necessary for jewel-cased games, but mandatory for the long-box titles (which I think there are only two listed). Also open to working up a trade for those in the US--please see my attached collection text document in that case (very little of what's in my collection list is off-limits!):

The Apprentice

Lazer Lords

Flashback: The Quest for Identity

Defender of the Crown

Dark Castle

Pac-Panic

Golden Oldies Volume II

Secret Mission

Namco Arcade Classics

Zelda's Adventure (Yeah, I know, not gonna happen)

Tetsuo Gaiden

Zenith

Micro Machines

Accelerator

Myst

Lost Eden

Atlantis: The Last Resort

The Lost Ride

Hotel Mario

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that Namco Arcade Classics sucks! Galaga and Galaxian... embarrassing ports and extremely long load times for some dumb reason. Sound samples I'll assume. Ms. Pac is alright. Feels and looks more like the Genny Tengen version where the screen scrolls (lame), but features 2-player simultaneous play to muck things up. lol

Atlantis is friggin' incredible for what it is. Not saying it's worth big bucks from an entertainment standpoint, but truly showcases just what the CD-i was capable of. Pac-Panic and Defender of the Crown are both excellent too. Certainly wouldn't pay big bucks for the Zelda game. Any of 'em ;)

Kinda surprised you don't have Hotel Mario or Super Mario Wacky Worlds on your list...

Edited by save2600

• 4 weeks later...

Bumped, still looking.. Attached my updated collection/for-trade list to the first post as well. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say that Namco Arcade Classics sucks! Galaga and Galaxian... embarrassing ports and extremely long load times for some dumb reason. Sound samples I'll assume. Ms. Pac is alright. Feels and looks more like the Genny Tengen version where the screen scrolls (lame), but features 2-player simultaneous play to muck things up. lol

Yeah, I've tried out a burn of it. It's really not very good, but I mainly want it for collection purposes.

Atlantis is friggin' incredible for what it is. Not saying it's worth big bucks from an entertainment standpoint, but truly showcases just what the CD-i was capable of. Pac-Panic and Defender of the Crown are both excellent too. Certainly wouldn't pay big bucks for the Zelda game. Any of 'em ;)

I've seen some videos of Atlantis and it looks decent. I like Wolfenstein-simplistic first person shooters, so I want to give it a shot. Unfortunately it seems I will still need a DVC in order to play it..

Pac-Panic is fun--I tried a burn of it and was really surprised by it. Definitely a worthy title for the system, a good one for the collection.

Haven't tried Defender of the Crown yet, but I know it's not particularly rare so I will just wait on a physical copy of that one. I've heard good things about it. At least good by CD-i standards.. :lol:

So how are you enjoying the CD-i? :)

Played it for a couple of weeks, then it sat. I gave a few rounds on it this weekend, but that was mostly to record some game footage for a video I am doing. I'd probably be using it more if I had a DVC, but they seem to be tough to come by.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats on finding those! What kind of controller did you find?

The one that is a Gravis game pad.

hey man, hows the timekeeper module, are you still able to save games, i need to rig up a new battery setup to mine

It's toast, unfortunately. I was hoping it would last a while since the system I got (from A_Locomotive actually) was basically brand-new, but no go unfortunately. Games usually work fine, but occasionally the system boots to the memory screen saying "memory is full, please remove some files", despite there being nothing saved on it. It won't let me back out to play a game and will constantly boot into that screen until I turn the system off and let it sit for a while. It's weird. :(

Thought about fixing it, but I think I will wait to try it on another system, if I can acquire one cheap.

Edited by Austin

Yeah theres a way of filing back the TK chip, and removing the standard battery then soldering two bits of wire to a cr2032 connector, but its just something i'll have to do when i get the time, mines a mint condition CDi 220, got it as an unworking one for £10, all i needed to do to get it to read discs is lift the spinner up slightly :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...