IGNORED

Why so much for this ColecoVision Auction?

Yurkie

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1905487159181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190548715918&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seems like a very lucky seller....or they have a shill account and they are jacking up the bids themselves. I can't see any other logic that fits this here. The deck and expansion module are both loose and common, as are the boxed games.

It's at $224.72 with four and a half hours to go.

It looks very clean but I think it's a bit high for sure.

If you check the bid history it looks like that after around $60 two different bidders have been dueling it out. Neither of whom probably know too much about how much they should go for.

It's not ended yet, it's got 4 hours left.

Here is my best case prices for the items.

$100 for the CV

$20 for the 2600 module

$20 a CIB ( and that is being extremely generous for commons )

That's $180, and that would be at the extreme high end..."I have to win this auction" price wouldn't it ?

Perhaps it is shilling, but unless the guy wants to get stuck with it someone has to be willing to outbid the shill and just don't understand who would want to pay that kind of money.

They obviously don't know about the multiple other online retailers where you can just go and purchase one without having to bid. I went to one of my usual sites and priced this package at $110 there....and if I were to google a little more, I could probably get all of these same items for $80 without even leaving this comfy chair.

Yep...people are stupid....AND LAZY....

Well, what about the rarity of a CiB Grand Prix for the Atari 2600... since I give a rats ass about A2600, I am going to be lazy and not search the Rarity List on AA to see. :roll:

Or could it be, and I find it hard to believe with so many different bidders, that the bidders think Grand Prix is for the ColecoVision.

In the end, let auctions like this keep happening as it increases the value of our collections!!!

You know. Maybe both of the bidders have gotten burned before by buying a CV on Ebay that didn't work. If I were in the market for a CV I would have seen the picture and realized that the display was good. Then my next question would be to ask the seller if the controllers actually worked. If I felt that they did I would probably have just bid until I won.

I am saying this as the Colevision that I have now cost me close to $300 (I bought it from eightbit for like $100), but to get a working one I went through two that didn't work properly, each costing about $100 with various games.

You know. Maybe both of the bidders have gotten burned before by buying a CV on Ebay that didn't work. If I were in the market for a CV I would have seen the picture and realized that the display was good. Then my next question would be to ask the seller if the controllers actually worked. If I felt that they did I would probably have just bid until I won.

I am saying this as the Colevision that I have now cost me close to $300 (I bought it from eightbit for like $100), but to get a working one I went through two that didn't work properly, each costing about $100 with various games.

Should have sent me the first one and got it refurbished. Screenshot was likely after cycling the power switch a dozen times.

The controllers will not work 100% without being refurbished regardless of what a seller tells you. They may be close, but close is shit. They need to be perfect or it takes all the fun out of playing.

• Like 1

Yurkie,

If I had known what you did at the time I would have for sure. I actually need to hit you up soon as I do have two CVs that need some work. (It's a shame to have them just sit here.) Would rather pay to get them refurbed and be in good working order than have a part of history go to waste.

I also really want to get the joystick mods that you do as well.