IGNORED

Some Interesting Auctions & Dealing with Possum-Glory

screamin1

Ok...just wanted to post what I thought was an amazingly ridiculous eBay auction. It is one of several listed by the same person. He is asking $62 for Beamrider. Not sure I would pay over $15. Anyhow thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1947969396

Also, I was wondering if anyone has done business with possum-glory lately. I won (and paid for) auctions for Quadrun, Waterworld, silver Gravitar, and Death Trap. That was about a month ago. He has a lot of positive feedbacks, but the negatives include shipping times of around 6 weeks. This is beginning to get a bit ridiculous. How long does it take to put 4 games in a priority box and get them on their way. Also very slow in answering emails. Any feedback or advice appreciated.

He has almost 1000 different auctions going on at the moment!!!

Holy cow you're right! That's the big problem with "free listing day", is so many items get listed that it gets harder to sift through the junk to find the gems you're looking for. And in a week's time, there will be an unbelievable number of items all ending at the same time. :)

..Al

I have delt with James Redd aka Possum_glory several times. He is a good guy, on one ocassion a slow shipper (3 weeks) and a bit generous in his descriptions, but quite trust worthy, wants his customers to be happy, and does not want bad feedback. I will likely buy from him again. I bet the price $65 was a typo and he meant $6.50.

8)

I have bought from James (possum-glory) Redd about four times now. They have all been good deals. I don't know when or why he started these high priced auctions, let alone the selling display, from what digit press? All of that is new to him in the last month or so.

All in all, he isn't a bad seller at all. His shipping time does lack a bit, generally running about two to three weeks.

Those were actually two separate issues. Possum-Glory isn't listing the overpriced games. He's just the one that is failing to deliver over $400 in games in a timely manner. I am probably going to give him one more week and if the games don't arrive I will make a several hour drive down to Ohio and find this guy. Even if I spend $100 in gas it will make me feel a little better than my present state :x

I didn't realize that all of those overpriced games were put up on free listing day. It seems to be a monumental waste of time as even the most newbie of suckers will have a hard time shelling out over $10 for Air-Sea Battle.

I won a 7800 TANK COMMAND Cart Only that ended on Dec-07-02 from possum-glory and i payed by money order and after i noticed all the negatives he got since i won my auction, i decided to email him on the 27th of Dec. (after giving him enough time to ship the game)

and he replied with this:

I received your money order but have not even cashed it, as it turns out.  I regret to inform you that I have found out

that the Tank Command cartridge DOES NOT WORK, and I have returned it to

the original owner, as he is a non-computer user and it was on

consignment from him, for me to sell.  I have had several other bad

cartridges from this batch as well and am checking the rest of them

out thoroughly before putting any more of them up for auction. I

didn't have a 7800 to test it out on before the auction or I would

have done so, but have since borrowed one.

and

Cartridges rarely go bad, and I just assumed it would work.  Better

to find out now however than to have you be disappointed upon

receiving it and having to go to the bother of shipping it back to me

and maybe being angry and leaving me bad feedback because it didn't

work.  I won't sell somebody a game I know is bad and say it was o.k.

when it left here, that is not how I do things.  I will be returning your money order

So now im just waiting for the Money Order to return.

he's not a bad guy, he just hit a bump in the road this month.

and Maxspeed is right he wants his costomers to be happy

Sounds like you guys are at least getting some responses from emails. I get nothing. I have been trying to call him for the last three days and the line is always busy. And to make it worse...he keeps on listing items and now has a new shipping policy whereby you get the game free if he doesn't ship within 5 days of payment. I have over $400 out to this guy and I hear nothing from him. I will definitely leave negative feedback, but I am also holding out hope to at least get my games. Anyone live near Middletown, OH (near Cincinnati) that could pay him a visit. By the way...I also dialed information and they don't have a listing for a James Redd in Middletown, OH (which is where eBay shows his home is). I will get my games or money back if it is the last thing I do....

Sounds like you guys are at least getting some responses from emails. I get nothing. I have been trying to call him for the last three days and the line is always busy. And to make it worse...he keeps on listing items and now has a new shipping policy whereby you get the game free if he doesn't ship within 5 days of payment. I have over $400 out to this guy and I hear nothing from him. I will definitely leave negative feedback, but I am also holding out hope to at least get my games. Anyone live near Middletown, OH (near Cincinnati) that could pay him a visit. By the way...I also dialed information and they don't have a listing for a James Redd in Middletown, OH (which is where eBay shows his home is). I will get my games or money back if it is the last thing I do....

I wish I could help ya, but I live on the other end of Ohio(I'm way more north than him). Good luck with getting your games!!!

Well after 3 months and countless excuses, often contradictory, I have sadly left my first negative feedback on Ebay for this seller. I gave him plenty of opportunity to confirm that the item was shipped, or send a refund. He has done nothing but offer excuses. Oh well, maybe the next buyer will notice all the negatives he has received in the last month. Is there any other recourse I have available?

http://cgi2.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...m-glory@usa.com

Here is my first response to an email from Possum-Glory in several weeks. I too had the flu, but it only waylaid me for a couple days, not several weeks.

HI There Scott,

Please don't worry, I have been VERY sick with the flu and have been barely able to get some Ebay ads that were previously prepared with Mr. Lister uploaded in order to keep the auctions going. I'm feeling a bit better now. My wife has been filling some orders but she knows nothing about using a computer. If you have left me other emails since this one (Dec 28) please be patient as it may take me awhile to get to them and read them. I will probably be able to get those four games out to you in the mail Today, (Sat. Jan 4). I told her to wait and hold onto those until I could get a chance to test them, as I have had reports from some other Ebay buyers of some of the games out of that same batch (they all came from the same guy) not working. They sure look nice tho, so if they all work they will be on their way to you today.

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com

Here's the second email I received from Possum-Glory. I had to resort to reporting him to paypal and also trying to do a square deal report.

Hi There Scott,

I really meant to get back to you a lot sooner but it hurts even to type (I am just getting to the point where I can sit up in bed awhile), haven't been able to get hardly any more emails read or answered yet either, I think I'm up to Dec. 29, some people are probably going to be mad. Anyway, I regret to inform you that I have found out that NONE of the 4 games WORK, and I have had my wife return them to the owner, as he is a non-computer user and they were on consignment from him, for me to sell. I have had other bad cartridges from this batch as well and am checking the rest of them out thoroughly before putting any more of them up for auction. I didn't have a 2600 machine handy to test them out

on before the auction or I would have done so, but have since borrowed one. Cartridges rarely go bad, and I just assumed they would work. I can't imagine why so many out of the same batch would be bad, it's almost like they have been exposed to an intense electromagnetic or electrostatic field at som point. The guy DID mention that they used to belong to his brother, who worked for years on Military Radar Systems, so that may well have had a LOT to do with it. Better to find out now however than to have you be disappointed upon receiving them and having to go to the bother of shipping them back to me and maybe being angry and leaving me bad feedback because they didn't work. I won't

sell somebody a game I know is bad and say it was o.k. when it left here, that is not how I do things. I will be sending you a 105% refund through PayPal the next time I am on there, probably within the next 24 hours or sooner. (I always add 5% extra to a refund if someone has to return something to me or they don't get their order for some reason, that's my policy). I still have to pay Ebay their Listing Fees and their Final Value Fees, which amounts to about $15 - $20 on these, so you can see I didn't make any money on this deal. These same items will NOT go up for auction again, however if I should get another of any of these in the same or even better condition in the future, you will be the first one to know about it and offered the chance to buy them for this same price if you wish to before it is ever listed. I don't have another one of any of them right now however, so all I can DO is refund your money. It's nothing you have done in any way, the games simply do not WORK. Please believe me, I would MUCH RATHER sell you the games, but there is no way to do that since they do not work. Really truly sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com

Here's the second email I received from Possum-Glory. I had to resort to reporting him to paypal and also trying to do a square deal report.

Hi There Scott,

I really meant to get back to you a lot sooner but it hurts even to type (I am just getting to the point where I can sit up in bed awhile), haven't been able to get hardly any more emails read or answered yet either, I think I'm up to Dec. 29, some people are probably going to be mad. Anyway, I regret to inform you that I have found out that NONE of the 4 games WORK, and I have had my wife return them to the owner, as he is a non-computer user and they were on consignment from him, for me to sell. I have had other bad cartridges from this batch as well and am checking the rest of them out thoroughly before putting any more of them up for auction. I didn't have a 2600 machine handy to test them out

on before the auction or I would have done so, but have since borrowed one. Cartridges rarely go bad, and I just assumed they would work. I can't imagine why so many out of the same batch would be bad, it's almost like they have been exposed to an intense electromagnetic or electrostatic field at som point. Better to find out now however than to have you be disappointed upon receiving them and having to go to the bother of shipping them back to me and maybe being angry and leaving me bad feedback because they didn't work. I won't

sell somebody a game I know is bad and say it was o.k.

SHEESH its almost the exact same excuse as the one he gave me except i didnt get the im sick routine, he didnt have a 7800 system on the 28th (thats when i got my first reply to my email asking where is my Tank Command game)

I will post the 2nd email he sent in a min

here is my email i sent him on Jan 4th and his reply

Hey James,

Have you sent the Money Order for $43.80 back to me yet for the Tank

Command?

Now his reply on the 5th

Hi There Scott,

Actually, I got that dropped in the corner mailbox down the street for you earlier tonight, it says on the front of the box they don't pick it up until Monday so it probably won't be postmarked until then or anything.

I sure do appreciate your understanding and I probably will have another one of those (Tank Command) in the future as I have had them before and perhaps like the ones I had before, the next one will work.

Thanks again,

possum-glory@usa.com

Im getting close to the boiling point, and i will blow if i dont get the Money Order back by WED or Thurs.

Wow, that's a pretty wild story! I just looked at his feedback and he has 23 negatives in the last six months, most of which seem to be in December, from several different people. Even some of the positive feedback is negative in nature. And there are quite a few neutrals as well. Some of the positives include things like:

"Better late then never, box not mint but I knew looking at pic. C+ on this one."

"Very slow delivery ( possibly CUSTOMS delay) Good product AA++"

"Had shipping problem, but fixed it with speed and accuracy! Thank you! A+++"

"Received finally and tested, works great. Shipping trouble hopefully over."

"FINALLY came through and sent package after numerous emails! Thx! :)"

Looks like things started to fall apart for him in September or so.

..Al

In response to CPUWIZ's question on why I felt it necessary to report him..

I have been extraordinarily patient with this seller as I had hoped to receive the Quadrun, Waterworld, silver Gravitar, and Death Trap that I had purchased from him. After sending tons of emails I had not received a response. I finally got these two emails after I reported him to Paypal to investigate and doing the eBay Square Deal thing. I believe both were warranted as I paid immediately with paypal after winning and I had waited a month for the games. Also the lack of communication was appalling. Whenever I have $400 on the line I am pretty diligent in following up. I will give him two days to give me a refund via paypal otherwise I will take further negative action. Even if he is on his death bed he can drag his ailing carcass to the computer and punch in my refund.