IGNORED

EOTB - It's here!

DarkLord

Eric,

I just wanted to say how amazing this release turned out. The box, manual, static bag, cart, labels... all of it looks top-notch and very professional. I really wish I wasn't so poor right now. I'd love to get a full release of this, but it isn't in the budget. :sad:

I know you went through a LOT to make this happen, and I am very proud of you for seeing it through. The Lynx community owes you one gigantic standing ovation for letting us play this "holy grail" game.

Nice going!

Smeg

i was just getting ready to point that out as well. No one should try to place an EPROM cart into a Lynx 1 without modding the system (removing the door). you really should avoid using EOTB in a Lynx 1 as well.

I only have a Lynx 1... so If I remove the door it´s gonna be okay?

I've tried it on both 1 and 2 lynx version.

With the door off the Lynx 1, it is a tight fit, but it fits and works just fine. Just don't try putting it is with the door on, as it will jam going in (that happened to me - until I pried the Lynx 1 door off - then all was well).

Bit tough getting it out too then, but as long as you are careful, it should be fine.

I'm not worried about using my Lynx 1 unit!

• Like 1

I've tried it on both 1 and 2 lynx version.

With the door off the Lynx 1, it is a tight fit, but it fits and works just fine. Just don't try putting it is with the door on, as it will jam going in (that happened to me - until I pried the Lynx 1 door off - then all was well).

Bit tough getting it out too then, but as long as you are careful, it should be fine.

I'm not worried about using my Lynx 1 unit!

Thanks a lot, now I feel safe!

I can´t spend money on a Lynx 2 atm, so I´m glad to hear it!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I only have a Lynx 1 as well. I can insert the game, door still on, without any trouble. As for removing the card, it can be gently wiggled free with small pliers gripping only the upper corners of the EPROM. To prevent damage to the card or label, I've placed a small tab of electrical tape on each corner where the pliers will grip. The tape also prevents any electrical transfer from the metal pliers that could fry the game. So far this has worked out fine for me and I haven't needed to remove the door.

Just a suggestion of how I got around this issue without modifying my Lynx, but if you're not extremely careful it could damage the game or scratch up the console so try it at your own risk.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I only have a Lynx 1 as well. I can insert the game, door still on, without any trouble. As for removing the card, it can be gently wiggled free with small pliers gripping only the upper corners of the EPROM. To prevent damage to the card or label, I've placed a small tab of electrical tape on each corner where the pliers will grip. The tape also prevents any electrical transfer from the metal pliers that could fry the game. So far this has worked out fine for me and I haven't needed to remove the door.

Just a suggestion of how I got around this issue without modifying my Lynx, but if you're not extremely careful it could damage the game or scratch up the console so try it at your own risk.

Wow. I missed that post (oops). Can't figure out how you got it in without removing the door on the Lynx 1. On mine, it would not go in for nothing, and like you mentioned it was tough to get out then (I actually popped the door off to get it out. Personally, I'll use it with the door off, easy that way. Just how I'd do it - each to their own.

Eric, will you put stickers on the EPROMs of the remaining copies before you ship them out?

I heard from Lynxman the chip that needs to be sealed from sunlight is the one with the actual game, and not just the one with save data. We must be very careful with that.

strange... my message did not go through.

to answer some questions: if you were not a part of this initial mailout, you will have your EOTB mailed out on Friday (29Jul) when I return to michigan.

as for the EPROM windows, i completely forgot them. However all games are boxed already. I will have to ask you to simply apply a small sticker over the window for the sake of being safe. but seriously, you shouldn't be in too much of harm's way. i dont know of any collectors that would leave their games in the direct sunlight.

108Stars... you sure are a curious one! you tend to ask questions to a lot of people and then post them for all to see! lol don't fret too much my friend...:)

everything will be fine. i still think you need to invest in a Lynx 2 in the future.

For a limited time I am offering a promotion to cover your eeprom window for JUST the cost of postage. This is a real value folks so take advantage of it while you can. To take advantage of this offer please follow these directions carefully.

1) Go down to your local post office and ask for the cheapest self adhesive stamp they sell.

2) Pay for the stamp.

3) Affix stamp to your EToB eeprom window.

4) Enjoy!

:D

AX

108Stars... you sure are a curious one! you tend to ask questions to a lot of people and then post them for all to see! lol don't fret too much my friend...:)

everything will be fine. i still think you need to invest in a Lynx 2 in the future.

Well, there was nothing worth a PM in my question. :)

As I mentioned before, there´s not only talk about this release here on Atari Age. :P

Lynxman was nice enough to explain us the deal with EPROMs and EEPROMs when he saw that GroovyBee noticed the stickers are missing. And he said if only 1 kbit of data changes in the game the game will fail a checksum test and not boot.

I´m not into electronics and was unaware of this. So I just brought this info back to AA. :)

BTW, the ROM chip is 4 MBit I hear. How big is the game data actually? a full 4 Mbit?

3) Affix stamp to your EToB game.

DIRECTLY onto the game card? :P

Edited by 108 Stars

For a limited time I am offering a promotion to cover your eeprom window for JUST the cost of postage. This is a real value folks so take advantage of it while you can. To take advantage of this offer please follow these directions carefully.

1) Go down to your local post office and ask for the cheapest self adhesive stamp they sell.

2) Pay for the stamp.

4) Enjoy!

AX

LOL, are those stamps 100% light blocking? To be sure no light is going through the sticker, put a little aluminum foil below the sticker over the window. Or if you still have a box of empty 5 1/4 disks, use those silvery write protect stickers to cover the window.

Robert

2) Pay for the stamp.

4) Enjoy!

AX

LOL, are those stamps 100% light blocking? To be sure no light is going through the sticker, put a little aluminum foil below the sticker over the window. Or if you still have a box of empty 5 1/4 disks, use those silvery write protect stickers to cover the window.

Robert

Especially use some foil if you are sure the aliens may be trying to steal the data on your EToB. This is important.

AX

• Like 1