IGNORED

EOTB - It's here!

DarkLord

Awesome!

But what´s the thing on pic 3, lower row on the right? Up is the box, left is the manual, and on the right?

Not sure what to call it, its blank on the other side, its got the e-mail address, duplicates the manual cover,

so...like a postcard?

Also, how does the card fit? Snug? Tight? Does it feel fragile to try to get it out again? Any preference of Lynx 1 vs 2? I'm seeing 2 chips on the back, which is why I'm asking all these questions. :)

Good fit, snug, little bit of resistance when you first put it in, but feels great.

Its a heavy card, with the chips and all, but it feels like quality to me. Not fragile

at all.

I've got a Lynx 2.

Right, my "potential" concerns would be that your fingers are actually on the chips,

especially when removing the card. BUT...once you get it, how often are you going to

be removing it? :)

Another potential concern, and hopefully Eric can address these both, is static damage.

I mean, if I walk across a carpeted room, build up some juice, then touch the cards chips,

am I playing with fire? Now...let me say that most of us here absolutly know better than

to do that with anything electronic we have, but its something to think about.

Now, let me sum up - card looks and feels great - very much a quality effort.

Thanks again Eric! :)

Great game and worth the wait but I must warn original Lynx owners that the card, if inserted too firmly into a Lynx 1, is extremely difficult to remove since the game port cover cannot open wide enough to accommodate your fingers. I had to use pliers and the utmost of care to free the card without scuffing or scratching the game or console. Lesson learned, from now on I'll insert the card only as far as it needs to boot.

Long story short, if you're playing this on a Lynx 1 be extra gentle, don't push the cart in any further than you need to and you shouldn't have any problems.

One thing to note. This cart does not fit in the Lynx 1 unit, unless you take the little 'cart door' off the Lynx 1? Not a huge deal, but I don't recall reading about that?

Well, this is true for almost all homebrew carts for the Lynx.

i was just getting ready to point that out as well. No one should try to place an EPROM cart into a Lynx 1 without modding the system (removing the door). you really should avoid using EOTB in a Lynx 1 as well.

You might want to put a sticker on that EPROM window.

i completely forgot the stickers for the Eproms.

all future releases will have a sticker covering rthe windows. sorry about the bone-headed move on that issue. note...i think it would take a week or so of direct sunlight to erase the eprom. normal exposure will not harm it.

Concerns:

static electricity: i think it is a small chance that something will cause damage to the cart.

touching the eproms: be gentle, but don't fret the things. they will be fine if you handle them for their intended purposes. just don't chew on them or try to pry them up.

i was just getting ready to point that out as well. No one should try to place an EPROM cart into a Lynx 1 without modding the system (removing the door). you really should avoid using EOTB in a Lynx 1 as well.

I only have a Lynx 1... so If I remove the door it´s gonna be okay?