IGNORED

2600 Power packs/Availability

oldjd

Ok,so who sells these for a reasonable price?

Looking on Ebay,all I see are prices of 10-16 bucks each,plus shipping

Anyone suggest a dealer or wholesaler?

Im wanting to buy maybe 10 or more if the price is right.

Oh,and I did check at Radio Shack,they were way out in right field,28 bucks and some kind of screwy adaptor for the plug end for another 7.....

So,any recommendations?

Oh,and I did check at Radio Shack,they were way out in right field,28 bucks and some kind of screwy adaptor for the plug end for another 7.....

So,any recommendations?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Looking for a good spot for power supplies. For the price people want, you can just about get a whole console.

Let me know if you find a good source, and I'll do the same for you. ;)

Heres the thing.All the ones Im finding are chinese crap.Might be a different,style but still ......so,where are the sellers getting them from.I doubt they have adirect connection to a chinese manufacture

And why all of a sudden is there a shortage?

The doofus at radio shack,was totally useless.I asked him about universal adaptors,the kind that had 3 different ends,with adjustable voltage settings.....same idiotic look :x Oh,and when I inquired about some antenna cord with the Rca jacks,I think he went into a trance

His partner/co-worker said"yeah,we got that"

Brings out a box with 50 foot of flat wire.....................at that point ...I left

Don't even mess around, go straight to the source - -

BEST Electronics in California (link)

Bradley's site is not known for being navigationally friendly, so here is some direct assistance - -

Atari Replacement Power Supplies

Bradley does PayPal, but only for orders around $50-$75. The rest of the time, it's check or money order.

Basically, you send him a letter with your order and the payment. If it's over $50, maybe $75, you can email him and ask for a PayPal invoice.

He's the absolute TOPS in customer service and runs an amazing warehouse. Seriously, the BEST place to get ATARI parts is BEST! He's got all the backstock, and more . . .

:D

-a2a

• Like 1

Don't even mess around, go straight to the source - -

BEST Electronics in California (link)

Bradley's site is not known for being navigationally friendly, so here is some direct assistance - -

Atari Replacement Power Supplies

Bradley does PayPal, but only for orders around $50-$75. The rest of the time, it's check or money order.

Basically, you send him a letter with your order and the payment. If it's over $50, maybe $75, you can email him and ask for a PayPal invoice.

He's the absolute TOPS in customer service and runs an amazing warehouse. Seriously, the BEST place to get ATARI parts is BEST! He's got all the backstock, and more . . .

:D

-a2a

You know,I forgot about "Best".Everything you said is true

I have bought alot of stuff from Brad.My one and only complaint is the limits he places on orders(joystick boots,wiring harness)

I have X4 Atari 2600 Power Packs which will work everywehere (110/220V) and are of High Quality.

The specifications are the following ones:

9VDC@1000mA: More Ampere than needed means more longevity and less heating

Switching Technology: The unregulated adaptors sold back in the day (and Chinese product being sold, nowaday as replacements) requires to meet the right Amperage to stabilize the provided current as close as possible to 9VDC. A Switching Adapter will have a 9VDC which is not only stable, but more clean and more filtered.

They are very good and, being them tiny and light, Shipping is often cheaper than a heavy AC/DC Adaptor. A lot of my friends used 500mA/300mA cheap adaptors which are only good to make the LM7805 inside an A2600 die sooner.

Cheers,

Oge

I have X4 Atari 2600 Power Packs which will work everywehere (110/220V) and are of High Quality.

The specifications are the following ones:

9VDC@1000mA: More Ampere than needed means more longevity and less heating

Switching Technology: The unregulated adaptors sold back in the day (and Chinese product being sold, nowaday as replacements) requires to meet the right Amperage to stabilize the provided current as close as possible to 9VDC. A Switching Adapter will have a 9VDC which is not only stable, but more clean and more filtered.

They are very good and, being them tiny and light, Shipping is often cheaper than a heavy AC/DC Adaptor. A lot of my friends used 500mA/300mA cheap adaptors which are only good to make the LM7805 inside an A2600 die sooner.

Cheers,

Oge

Interesting.do you have a picture of the unit?

So,any recommendations?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Looking for a good spot for power supplies. For the price people want, you can just about get a whole console.

Let me know if you find a good source, and I'll do the same for you. ;)

Dont know anything about this seller,but item @ eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2807143886601?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280714388660&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER].Looks to be what I was describing about Chinese crap

Still with shipping comes out about $10.00 a unit

• 3 months later...