IGNORED

Wanted: Vinyl!

eightbit

It started a few weeks ago when I hit a yard sale and found some great (near mint) vinyl albums. Chicago, Boston, Journey and some others. I didn't have a record player anymore, but they were a buck each so I picked them up. Well, since then I have obtained a nice record player and have been enjoying the albums. They really sound great. Brings me back to a simpler time.

Well, since I literally have like 10 records, I am looking for more. Nothing crazy..not looking to spend thousands or anything like that. Simply looking for music in the era of about 1960-mid 80's in good playable shape with the cardboard covers and inserts to hold the records. Just some great old tunes really. I'm into rock from the era, but can jive to some disco and motown as well.

If anyone here has any records they are looking to offload and make a few bucks for, pm me. Again, not looking to put up my house for a collection or anything like that, but I'll pay reasonable (hopefully a buck each!) prices for some fun stuff to play around the house for myself, the wife and the kids. Shoot me a PM if you have anything you want to get rid of!

Would you be interested in me making a thrift run around here for you, say all I can grab for about $10-20? I'm always looking to help a fellow vinyl collector! I have around 100 myself lol

Sure! If they are in decent shape and some good tunes, absolutely. All we have around here is some elevator music and Christmas albums :(

It started a few weeks ago when I hit a yard sale and found some great (near mint) vinyl albums.

I've started collecting vinyl again, and it's a blast! I picked up some great stuff last weekend actually.

Here's a video of some of my favorites so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCP6MhDt8Pc

Awesome man! I love watching vids with others with the passion! Your finds are f'ing amazing. I love that Alice in Chains record!

Edited by eightbit

On an off note, I have been looking for a certain record my mom had when I was a kid. She passed away in 1999, so I cannot ask her who this was of course. I actually found a picture online with a gentleman (owner of record-rama) that coincidentally HAS that record in the background of the picture! It is the record with the woman standing in front of the "Bowl" sign (bowling alley of course). I recall a song on there that I *think* was called "Vitamin L"..but I could be wrong. I was like 7 when I last heard this record. Look at this picture and see the album on the wall behind his head. Does ANYONE know who this is? I'd love to get it back again, but it is kind of hard without knowing who the singer is ;)

AllMusic to the rescue:

http://www.allmusic.com/search/track/Vitamin+L/order:default-asc

It seems the artist you are looking for is Mary Kay Place, an actress and country-pop singer. The album is "Tonite! At the Capri Lounge Loretta Haggers", which was her character in the soap opera "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman", broadcasted in 1976-77.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Place

At the time of writing, eBay.com has 70 items about Mary Kay Place, of at least a couple is the record you might be looking for.

My record collection is many, many times larger than any of my other "collections". I started when I was 13-14 years old when I'd take the bus to Tower Records to check out the latest UK import 7" singles (that were $2.88 each back then). There were also a couple *excellent* record stores within bike riding distance of where I grew up that always had obscure (and not so obscure) singles/albums from all over the world. I collect mostly 1970's UK punk and late 70's/early 80's new wave/no wave/new romantic/synthpop/noise/etc singles. In fact, when I go back to southern CA a couple times a year to visit family, I usually spend a couple days doing nothing but hitting all the record stores that are still open between San Diego and Santa Barbara (and San Fran, if time allows).

It's funny that someone pointed out to me that there are many different (and minor) label variations on Atari 2600 carts because I have multiples of the same albums/singles by certain artists that are 98% identical to one another except for the country of manufacture.

Hey eightbit. I do not think you or anyone else is interested in the two Lps I have listed in the marketplace forum. It is polka music but I just figured someone here on AA would want them and I do not since I am not a collector of Lps. Here is the link for the post. On here is a couple auctions on Ebay that have the albums I am talking about. I meant to put this in the freebie forum. If anyone else in here is intested let me know. They are both free I just have to find a package to put them in. Also I know only one has the insert for the record but my friend said he would give me another one for the second record. All anybody has to pay is the shipping price. I am hoping someone will give these a good home.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/185816-i-have-2-lps-does-someone-want-them/

Would you be interested in me making a thrift run around here for you, say all I can grab for about $10-20? I'm always looking to help a fellow vinyl collector! I have around 100 myself lol

Sure! If they are in decent shape and some good tunes, absolutely. All we have around here is some elevator music and Christmas albums :(

Likewise, I can do the same on my end, will charge shipping only, PM if interested.

Neat. I saw a lot there... I forget exactly, but verse, bane, mdc, i think set your goals, what feeds the fire... that kind of stuff. The various lupo locations also. I also have a fair amount of records that armageddon stocks already (from other places, mostly), they have a good selection - haven't been in five years or so.