IGNORED

Happy 30th Birthday, Ms. Pac-Man

PacManPlus

Hi:

Being that Namco isn't really doing anything for Ms. Pac-Man's 30th anniversary, I pulled a quick one over this weekend. Please note:

1 - Unfortunately for this version, Ms. Pac-Man has a Blue ribbon and lipstick. That's what limited colors can do to you. :(

2 - The Maze Colors are off too, for the same reason above.

This is another 'pokey detecting' program

Enjoy!

Bob

MsPac320.A78

MsPac320.bin

MsPac320P.A78

MsPac320P.bin

MsPac320Pokey.A78

• Like 7

Hi:

Being that Namco isn't really doing anything for Ms. Pac-Man's 30th anniversary, I pulled a quick one over this weekend. Please note:

1 - Unfortunately for this version, Ms. Pac-Man has a Blue ribbon and lipstick. That's what limited colors can do to you. :(

2 - The Maze Colors are off too, for the same reason above.

This is another 'pokey detecting' program

Enjoy!

Bob

Holy crap! Didn't think this was possible due to the added additions of moving fruit and changing maze layouts. Bob, you once again do not cease to amaze. THANK YOU!

Thanks guys! :)

Awesome! When I play Ms. Pac 320 Pokey, it crashes after I eat 5 dots... Nice work, Bob!

oops - same issues as the crash for Pac320 - the Random number generator. :(

I've fixed that, (and a 'reverse' issue - they were still doing the 'Pac-Man' type reverse), and posted the new bins in the first post.

Thanks again,

Bob

Thanks for the screen shots!!! (I always forget that) :dunce:

EDIT - There was a movement issue, so I again replaced the bins in the posts. :(

Edited by PacManPlus

Bob - one quick note, this has always bothered me, watch the intermission on Ms Pac Man arcade, when Ms Pac and Pac meet in the center, and both go up, when the two ghosts bumped into each other, there is a "knock" kind of sound when they hit each other and its been left out of every Ms Pac home version I've ever seen and for once, I'd love to see a home version have that one minor sound added in.

BTW - the 320 versions of Pac and Ms Pac are incredible, need to get you out the final XM dev design to you to do some real hardware debugging...

Curt

Bob - one quick note, this has always bothered me, watch the intermission on Ms Pac Man arcade, when Ms Pac and Pac meet in the center, and both go up, when the two ghosts bumped into each other, there is a "knock" kind of sound when they hit each other and its been left out of every Ms Pac home version I've ever seen and for once, I'd love to see a home version have that one minor sound added in.

:)

Thank guys :)

- The 'knock' actually is there in the Pokey Code, it's just out of time with the animation. I'll see if I can change that

- I actually moved the Act number because of the transparency issue (or lack of it). The number wasn't showing up underneath the clapboard.

Thanks,

Bob

EDIT - I have changed the animation to get the 'knock' (Pokey version only) as close as possible. It's still slightly off, but close enough. Updates in first post.

Thanks!

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1