IGNORED

For Sale: Q*Bert's Qubes for 2600

Kailon91

Well, after reading that the game doesn't work, and your refusal to offer any kind of a refund, I doubt you will be selling very much more here on AA.

Number one, I sold the game as is with a blatant disclaimer in the original add stating the I did not know if it worked or not, and that all sales were final. I in no way attempted to rip anyone off and did not do so. I do not understand where you're anger is coming from, and most of all how did you find out this information as this was all discussed in a private conversation between myself and the buyer?

Well, after reading that the game doesn't work, and your refusal to offer any kind of a refund, I doubt you will be selling very much more here on AA.

Number one, I sold the game as is with a blatant disclaimer in the original add stating the I did not know if it worked or not, and that all sales were final. I in no way attempted to rip anyone off and did not do so. I do not understand where you're anger is coming from, and most of all how did you find out this information as this was all discussed in a private conversation between myself and the buyer?

When you say that an item was working when you bought it, then go on to say AS - IS, you are legally bound by the wording of your statement, that working is how the item is. AS-IS: WORKING. The words "AS IS" are not synonymous for BROKEN. You simply should NOT mention working in your ad, if you don't know one way or the other. That's why this whole thing stinks. Who sold it to you? Aren't you the least concerned that they ripped you off, now that you KNOW it is not working? You have now sold it, and it is harming YOUR reputation. Seeing that it does not work, doesn't that make you mad? If you can't account for the first party who sold it to you in the first place, I don't see why anyone should ever trust anything you post for sale here again. Your stance on the situation makes it very clear to me what kind of intentions you had here. You have no prior credentials on Atari Age. You come in and make an artful deception in my opinion, you knew it didn't work. Public opinion is much stronger than your little word games. Just good luck selling here at AA again.

AX

• Like 2

When you say that an item was working when you bought it, then go on to say AS - IS, you are legally bound by the wording of your statement, that working is how the item is. AS-IS: WORKING. The words "AS IS" are not synonymous for BROKEN. You simply should NOT mention working in your ad, if you don't know one way or the other. That's why this whole thing stinks. Who sold it to you? Aren't you the least concerned that they ripped you off, now that you KNOW it is not working? You have now sold it, and it is harming YOUR reputation. Seeing that it does not work, doesn't that make you mad? If you can't account for the first party who sold it to you in the first place, I don't see why anyone should ever trust anything you post for sale here again. Your stance on the situation makes it very clear to me what kind of intentions you had here. You have no prior credentials on Atari Age. You come in and make an artful deception in my opinion, you knew it didn't work. Public opinion is much stronger than your little word games. Just good luck selling here at AA again.

AX

Ok, my "as is" wording was as follows " i've been told by the previous owner that it does work, however I do not have access to an Atari myself to confirm this", directly saying that i dont know if it works or not, I do not now nor have ever owned an Atari so I had no way of checking to see if it worked. My "kind of intentions" were to sell a rare game I found to a collector who would really appreciate it. I collect things myself and know how important having a rare item is and how great it feels. I in no way intended to rip anyone off and did not do so as I was 100% honest with my buyer, and everyone else, on all matters involved.

Then ...who is this "previous owner?" You seem to skirt around that one.

You don't mention the bit about it working at all, if you don't actually know. If your buyer took you to court he WOULD win. That's the law.

Stating that the previous owner said it worked, you are expressing and implying that as a warranty.

"The phrase "as is" does not disclaim express warranties, such as those created by the seller's description of an item."

AX

• Like 1

Then ...who is this "previous owner?" You seem to skirt around that one.

You don't mention the bit about it working at all, if you don't actually know. If your buyer took you to court he WOULD win. That's the law.

Stating that the previous owner said it worked, you are expressing and implying that as a warranty.

"The phrase "as is" does not disclaim express warranties, such as those created by the seller's description of an item."

AX

Exactly. The goood thing to do in this case would be to offer a refund to get the game back, list it again on here or on E-Bay with the wording that it does NOT work, sell it again for what you can get for it, and be done with it. Your refusal to help out is only killing your chances to sell anything here at AA again. These people have long memories. :D

• Like 1

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Hey guys, I appreciate everyone's concern about this matter. I have talked to Aaron about the game and we have worked out a resolution to the problem. He is gonna give me a % off for it not working which we both agreed upon. Therefore, HE IS HELPING ME OUT.

Since he is new here I have given him some friendly advice for selling stuff on here so that no one else will run into this kind of problem EVER AGAIN! You don't have to be weary about if he tries to sell other games on here.

Again, I appreciate everyone helping/backing me up and this case is closed. I <3 you all! :)

• Like 3

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

Hey guys, I appreciate everyone's concern about this matter. I have talked to Aaron about the game and we have worked out a resolution to the problem. He is gonna give me a % off for it not working which we both agreed upon. Therefore, HE IS HELPING ME OUT.

Since he is new here I have given him some friendly advice for selling stuff on here so that no one else will run into this kind of problem EVER AGAIN! You don't have to be weary about if he tries to sell other games on here.

Again, I appreciate everyone helping/backing me up and this case is closed. I <3 you all! :)

Glad the two of you were able to come to a resolution on this. :thumbsup:

• Like 2