IGNORED

Wanted: Atari 800 or Atari 800XL

Zedex

easier to find than the amdek are C= monitors (a 1702 is a good basic model, nut more desirable are the 1084-s)

I'm currently restoring a C64 that had a bad CIA (A chip that controls joystick ports) chip, and I might try and get a 1702 once I finish restoring it. But I prefer not to have Commodore equipment on Atari, it's just not right. It's like using a Sega Genesis controller on SNES, it's just wrong on so many levels. Even for someone like me who likes both C64 and A800.

easier to find than the amdek are C= monitors (a 1702 is a good basic model, nut more desirable are the 1084-s)

I'm currently restoring a C64 that had a bad CIA (A chip that controls joystick ports) chip, and I might try and get a 1702 once I finish restoring it. But I prefer not to have Commodore equipment on Atari, it's just not right. It's like using a Sega Genesis controller on SNES, it's just wrong on so many levels. Even for someone like me who likes both C64 and A800.

Atari made so many monitors for the 8bit ;')

using a 1702 is fine, if it werent for my sony monitors i would have a 1084S

sloopy.

The only one of those that I am aware of that wont work is Dropzone, it's a 64k game (and optimized for PAL machines, so it plays like crap on NTSC machines)

Dropzone plays fine on NTSC machines - I play it on a regular basis on my 1200XL hooked to a 1702 Commodore monitor using s-video. It's one of my favorite games that I've played since it was released...

I have an 'extra' Amdek Color-I

PM for info

Dude - you must have an extra everything by now....

Edited by Havok69

The only one of those that I am aware of that wont work is Dropzone, it's a 64k game (and optimized for PAL machines, so it plays like crap on NTSC machines)

Dropzone plays fine on NTSC machines - I play it on a regular basis on my 1200XL hooked to a 1702 Commodore monitor using s-video. It's one of my favorite games that I've played since it was released...

Dropzone works on NTSC no problem, but try playing it on a PAL machine sometime and you will realize how much better the game is that way

Dropzone works on NTSC no problem, but try playing it on a PAL machine sometime and you will realize how much better the game is that way

Hmmm - it looks pretty darn good already on my 1200XL. I am running the Clearpic "2" mod with s-video, and have my color optimized using a nifty little program someone posted here some time ago, so maybe that explains why it looks pretty good. I'll have to check it out someday if I ever get a PAL system. I did fire it up in Altirra and set it to PAL. The colors were a little better, but still not too terribly better. Does Altirra emulate PAL accurately on a Windows machine?

Edited by Havok69

• 4 weeks later...

Boulder Dash, Summer Games, MULE, Archon, Legionnaire, Ultima I-IV, Ninja, Jumpman, Jumpman Jr, Ballblazer, Rescue On Fractalus, Wolfenstein, Choplifter, Caverns Of Mars, HERO, Zork, Temple Of Apshai, Gateway To Apshai, Star Raiders, Montezuma's Revenge, Bruce Lee, Leaderboard Golf, Telengard, Rainbow Walker, Alternate Reality, Pitstop, Master Of The Lamps, Hard Hat Mack, Miner 2049'er, Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Karateka, Beach Head, The Goonies, Ghostbusters, Caverns Of Khafka, F-15 Strike Eagle, River Raid, Blue Max, World Karate Championship, will all these games work? These are my favorite A8 games.