IGNORED

Nerdygrrl's Upright Collection

Atari Row with a Dash of Neo Geo

IMG_1668.jpg

My Baby, the original Space Invaders upright made by Taito and later licensed to Midway. This was only sold in Japan and the UK.

IMG_1718.jpg

You like Hairy Apes? I got Hairy Apes!

IMG_2756-1.jpg

We just sold this, but it is a true classis and programmed by Mr Steve Jobs back when he slummed it at Atari ;)

IMG_2580.jpg

Console photos to come when I get them a bit more organized.

Edited by Melissa Melville
  • Like 3

Yeah, I am a huge SI geek and this is one of my most treasured possessions. I have been trying to hunt down the Part II the brother to our SI deluxe and have it shipped here from the UK.

My console collecting has kind of take a back seat to my upright collecting as of late. For the last year I have been trying to open a barcade in the old warehouse where my office is currently housed. So I have been focusing a lot on acquiring enough uprights to keep potential clientele happy.

It has been slow going and now thanks to building management may not happen :(

Your also halfway there to having one of my favorite games ever ...Marble Madness.

I don't think I could ever do that to a Road Blasters :) RB is one of my favorite driving games of all time. Actually just thinking about it makes me want to go to the office and fire it up.

I was offered me a Marble Madness yesterday, but it was a wee bit out of my price range. It's such a fun game to play on an upright!

Your also halfway there to having one of my favorite games ever ...Marble Madness.

I don't think I could ever do that to a Road Blasters :) RB is one of my favorite driving games of all time. Actually just thinking about it makes me want to go to the office and fire it up.

I was offered me a Marble Madness yesterday, but it was a wee bit out of my price range. It's such a fun game to play on an upright!

If you don't mind me asking, what were they offering to sell it for? And did it work?

Yeah, I am a huge SI geek and this is one of my most treasured possessions.

Yes, I can imagine. You have a nice collection but that upright was my favourite as well (the artwork looks familiar to me on the side from when I used to play it).

Yeah, that was a great game to play.

If you don't mind me asking, what were they offering to sell it for? And did it work?

He has it listed on the boston CL right now for $500. I think one of the trackballs needs to be rebuilt which is another $20 and about 30 minutes of time.

I haven't seen them come up too often. I have a friend in VT with one as well, but that is in his special lineup.

I am not sure if you are on KLOV, but some MM parts came up in the last two weeks. Control panels, etc. It's generally cheaper to buy whole though.

Where are these cabinets located? It looks like a school?

An old button factory/DOD building in western, MA

With that, is this your place of business?

Sort of, I am closing up my business at the end of the month. I do fulfillment for cartoonists and toy designers and work out of this warehouse. It's 500,000 square feet and houses a few hundred different studios and offices.

The DOD owned it in WWII and stored jeeps and munitions there. The elevators and hallways are big enough to fit a Willy's jeep.

Where are these cabinets located? It looks like a school?

An old button factory/DOD building in western, MA

With that, is this your place of business?

Sort of, I am closing up my business at the end of the month. I do fulfillment for cartoonists and toy designers and work out of this warehouse. It's 500,000 square feet and houses a few hundred different studios and offices.

The DOD owned it in WWII and stored jeeps and munitions there. The elevators and hallways are big enough to fit a Willy's jeep.

Ever been to Funspot?