IGNORED

commodore monitor cables NEw old stock

peedenmark7

Vintage Commodore monitor cables in bulk packaging. Unsure as to which models they would be used on. Red/White/Yellow Rca's to an 8 pin connector . $5 each plus shipping/pp .

Large box they came in is marked Commodore c-64 7 pin to NTSC composite, but I can not verify that and as such are sold as is.

post-28653-0-07757800-1314026476_thumb.jpg

post-28653-0-04726500-1314026488_thumb.jpg

post-28653-0-48795500-1314033807_thumb.jpg

Edited by peedenmark7

Strange that they'd be yellow, red and white. You'd normally think composite video and left/right audio, but the C= machines did not output stereo. That plug, even though the colors are wrong, *may* be for use with the 1702 monitor in its separate luma/chroma mode. S-video basically. If you'd like to send me one, I could test for you and if it's wired correctly for the 1702, I'll buy it. :)

My sneaking suspicion though is that these are regular stereo A/V cables for something like the Neo*Geo. Not even sure Genesis model 1 outputs stereo through that port. I do not believe mine does anyway.

Edited by save2600

I was thinking that they might just have split the audio to use on both channels. Either way, I'll take a chance on a couple. I can always mod them for other uses.

PM sent.

Strange that they'd be yellow, red and white. You'd normally think composite video and left/right audio, but the C= machines did not output stereo. That plug, even though the colors are wrong, *may* be for use with the 1702 monitor in its separate luma/chroma mode. S-video basically. If you'd like to send me one, I could test for you and if it's wired correctly for the 1702, I'll buy it. :)

My sneaking suspicion though is that these are regular stereo A/V cables for something like the Neo*Geo. Not even sure Genesis model 1 outputs stereo through that port. I do not believe mine does anyway.

Large box they came in is marked Commodore c-64 7 pin to NTSC composite, but I can not verify that and as such are sold as is.

Weird.. I'm pretty sure the Commodore video ports are 5-pin (Vic-20 and some C64) and 8-pin (later C64 and C128's)..

These are 7?

desiv

Weird.. I'm pretty sure the Commodore video ports are 5-pin (Vic-20 and some C64) and 8-pin (later C64 and C128's)..

These are 7?

desiv

they are 8 pin. pic added to original posting as reference.

Edited by peedenmark7

they are 8 pin.

OK. . :-) Well, I don't have a working C64 right now :-(, but I think I'm in for one just in case.. ;-)

Also, hey.. Is that a chicken-head (Commodore symbol) on that DIN?

Real Commodore cables??

I'm guessing it's for the Commodore monitor then. 1 channel audio, separate chrom/luma. (Which I believe you can use a 2-to-1 RCA jack to combine them to make composite???) Or a 2 RCA-to-svideo adapter and use them on an svideo TV.

I'll pm you...

desiv

I got the cables from a former commodore dealer [80's] . Original post says it is a monitor cable.

a better pic of the logo. I would have to believe it to be original as Commodore would not have let someone hijack their logo on a molded plug.

post-28653-0-96270500-1314034356_thumb.jpg

Edited by peedenmark7

I got the cables from a former commodore dealer [80's] . Original post says it is a monitor cable.

Yep, looks original and from Commodore to me..

I'm pretty sure it was a 7800 thread on this site where someone was doing an s-video mod, but didn't include an RCA composite jack.

He just said to combine the chroma/luma jacks together for standard composite, so this cable should work for a commodore monitor and/or composite..

Haven't tested that myself, just throwing it out there..

Now I just need to fix mine or buy a new C64 as mine apparently really likes the color black when I power it on.. ;-(

desiv

I have a few of those cables, there for the 64C and later c128. they give you the extra chroma you need. You can use 5 pin on them also for composit..

You can also use them on Sega model 1 / which you can also use 5 pin ones also.

Guys... When you pay please enclose your full name and address [as paypal does not always include it in your payment info ] Along with your AA handle so I can keep track of who gets what :)

thanks !

Received PP info and just paid, thanks!

Edited by save2600

Strange that they'd be yellow, red and white.

Not so strange if you looked at the back side of a Commodore monitor and saw the inputs actually are colour coded red, white, yellow. Which is which is another matter, but these indeed should be S-Video cables for C64, C128 and C64/Plus4. Regarding old breadboxes having 5 or 8-pin DIN, all the ones I have seen had 8-pin DIN. I think only the very first C64, the Silver Label ones might have 5-pin DIN.

The 8-pin horseshoe DIN connector is indeed worth its value on its own as other systems, e.g. Sega Master System and Megadrive/Genesis use the same connector but with completely different pinouts. Nowadays it is somewhat easy to find 8-pin C-shape connectors while the U-shape (horseshoe) is getting scarse at most electronics resellers.

• Like 1

Strange that they'd be yellow, red and white.

Not so strange if you looked at the back side of a Commodore monitor and saw the inputs actually are colour coded red, white, yellow.

You're right! Just took a look at the back of my 1702. Guess it's been too long since I did the reach-a-round and looked back there. :lol:

You could always just do a simple continuity test to see what pins the RCA's are connected to.

The SG1, SMS, and Neo Geo all have the same pinouts, but they are different from the c64. At least the ground pin is the same. (Ignore the SCART stuff :roll: )

megamstr.png

B

post-29567-0-99271300-1314115647_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...