IGNORED

Season 5 Round 5 *Time Pilot*

Okay folks - the leaderboard has now been added to the OP as well as the high scores submitted to date.

I am considering adjusting the +1 bonus point eligibility from having to achieve the "final" medal to just the first medal due to the sheer difficulty of Skill 2. Let me know what you think - I'll go with the majority view on this.

I don't think changing something after the contest starts is a good thing to do.

Agreed.

Besides, I think bonus points in HSCs are bogus. In some instances, people are given bonus points that have nothing to do with their ability to play the game. The season champion could be decided on whether a player drew a picture of Popeye or not.

I agree too.

I feel the 2600 HSC standings are way out of whack with all the bonus points that were passed out.

I just want to play the game, not draw or write stories.

No Medal at 106000, what did you stay on the first level for all of that? :)

I thought of doing that but would be too boring to do that. I can't believe I asked for this game and then haven't had time to play it. Hopefully I can get a little time after work and get a score up there.

Yes, 98k on the first level.

I tough of that after remembering seeing someone make over 1 million, on the arcade, just by playing the second level.

(you can make a lot of points just by shooting the larger plane: 1,500 points)

The difference is that the level of difficulty does not increase on the coleco.

In the arcade the level of difficulty increase a lot within the same level.

Another difference is that the plane formations and skydivers still continue to appear after the blimp make its appearance. In the arcade version they stop.

Edited by patbb

Yes, 98k on the first level.

I tough of that after remembering seeing someone make over 1 million, on the arcade, just by playing the second level.

(you can make a lot of points just by shooting the larger plane: 1,500 points)

The difference is that the level of difficulty does not increase on the coleco.

In the arcade the level of difficulty increase a lot within the same level.

Another difference is that the plane formations and skydivers still continue to appear after the blimp make its appearance. In the arcade version they stop.

Interesting, it is always weird to hear all the differences between the arcade because I never really played arcade games. Maybe just once in a blue moon or something. Only arcade game I can remember playing consistently was Dig Dug. Mighty glad I was able to get the re-release of it.

I tried to play time pilot once last week and I got the first medal but didn't take a picture of it :( I remember being pissed as a little kid when the wings didn't change when I got past the 2nd medal series to the 3rd.

I got lost in time for awhile and greatly improved my dog fighting skills along the way. I found the "barrel roll" to be the best way to avoid(then shoot) the pesky red 'heat seeker' missiles in the Helicopter level, that is unless you're really quick and destroy them right when launched ;). Also, I noticed that difficultly does increase gradually with the scoring as well as the game speed. By the time I hit 150K, the scrolling seemed to smooth out a bit! The upticks seem to occur at point levels which earn you an extra plane: 10K, 30K, 50K, 80K,...150K, etc. In the 1940 level, I avoided the blue plane, and made an effort to rescue paratroopers instead. This made a big difference in my score and racked up a few extra planes. When I finally reached 1985 with 150K under my belt, the fighter jet AI(the waay accurate guided blue missles) was smokin' and wiped out all of my ships before I could snag the first medal!!

Final Score:

post-21471-0-42561800-1315621063_thumb.jpg

Edited by atariron82