IGNORED

King of the mountain any info?

There used to information of King of the mountain game from Mattel, on blue sky ranger page, and some other websites. What happen, to the history of the game. Was it unfinished or finished, but unreleased. Is some one going to make a cart of this game in the future. I seen the rom of this game. It looks promising and cool. Does anybody out there can shed more light on what happen to this game, and why you can't find hardly any history or info on the game.

Edited by atari5200dude82

• 9 months later...

I do not believe cparsley has a full working version of the game unless he programmed it himself.

Check out:

http://www.intellivi...s/kotm/kotm.php

Actually I believe cparsley does have a *nearly*complete version, (if not complete) as do I.

If this version isn't 100% complete, it's pretty close, its fully playable.

Edited by ghsqb

Actually I believe cparsley does have a *nearly*complete version, (if not complete) as do I.

Uhhmmm...yes, that is my version that I released on the CC3 (hahahhahaha)

It is way more playable than the prototype but it is still missing sound and many of the rewrites that are in the version I am releasing on cart.

I am happy to see people playing the game. That is what it is all about! (but the final version is even better!)

What is the date on that ROM? Is it 2005?

Even if that rom on the cart is 100% playable, without sound its just not right! Im willing to pay for a complete version. Especially with box overlays and manual. :-)

Rev, do you mean the rom on the CC3??? (Since that one doesn't have sound, and Dave's cart release will have sound ....and be AWESOME! :)

Even if that rom on the cart is 100% playable, without sound its just not right! Im willing to pay for a complete version. Especially with box overlays and manual. :-)

Rev, do you mean the rom on the CC3??? (Since that one doesn't have sound, and Dave's cart release will have sound ....and be AWESOME! :)

Yeah, I meant the ROM that is floating around on everyones CC3 and that is incomplete. It needs sounds like I said and David is going to give it too us. Yeah Baby!

The one I have works about 97% of the time without a glitch, and only has the INTV "clicking" sound when a movement is entered. I usually put something like eye of the tiger in the background when playing (got to have the will to survive) hehe...

As for the date, I'll check when I get home.

Edited by cparsley

Well the wait is ended. Dave has released KotM for all to play. (and Illusions too). Shipping starts on the 15th

Yep, just ordered yesterday!

Looking forward to King of the Mountain ... I've never played and only saw the video of it ... but it looks like a fun one!

Ok can someone help me understand this? How many versions of KotM are there? I know of the prototype from Mattel that's been floating around the net for a long time, it seems playable but has no sound. And now there's the completed version that's being sold on the website. Is there another intermediate version or just the two? Also, other than sound, what was missing from the prototype that is included in the completed version? Just curious.

I do not believe cparsley has a full working version of the game unless he programmed it himself.

Check out:

http://www.intellivi...s/kotm/kotm.php

http://youtu.be/9DVM4ONPikA

Wow, that looks like a really cool game! I've never heard of it before. Well, I saw it mentioned a couple of times in reference to the High-Score Club, and I thought it was something to do with that (e.g., "I won the competition, I'm 'King of the Mountain' in the High-Score Club"). I feel so silly now.

It does look interesting. Is it an old Mattel prototype or unfinished game, or a home-brew?

-dZ.

Wow, that looks like a really cool game! I've never heard of it before. Well, I saw it mentioned a couple of times in reference to the High-Score Club, and I thought it was something to do with that (e.g., "I won the competition, I'm 'King of the Mountain' in the High-Score Club"). I feel so silly now.

It does look interesting. Is it an old Mattel prototype or unfinished game, or a home-brew?

-dZ.

King of the Mountain was a unreleased and unfinished game by Mattel. It appeared on the Intellivision Lives! CD for the first time. Since then David improved and now completed it.

-dZ.

King of the Mountain was a unreleased and unfinished game by Mattel. It appeared on the Intellivision Lives! CD for the first time. Since then David improved and now completed it.

Whoa! I need to check my Intellivision Lives! CD... I don't recall that game. Perhaps there are others I missed as well.

-dZ.