IGNORED

SIO2SD3 PCB released

mega-hz

Can the high speed be changed through the K1 -> K4/Shift buttons ?

Here you'll find v2.5 instructions (unfortunately no v3.x English instructions yet):

http://sio2sd.gucio..../KeyboardDoc_en

V3.x is an enhancement, so you'll have more features, not less.

In other words, you can still change speed with buttons.

Here you'll find v2.5 instructions (unfortunately no v3.x English instructions yet):

http://sio2sd.gucio..../KeyboardDoc_en

V3.x is an enhancement, so you'll have more features, not less.

In other words, you can still change speed with buttons.

Yep, read that before, but may have missed the setup section :)

"From the version 2.0 device started with K4 pressed goes to setup mode"

Thanks,

Jay

I am not a SIO2SD expert but two v3.x firmware loader versions exist, normal and turbo.

Can the high speed be changed through the K1 -> K4/Shift buttons ?

Having tried out the 3.0 stuff yesterday on my 2.x device I was wondering that very same question. Seems like a quick K/Shift option would be in order to switch between the normal and turbo loaders, but I couldn't find any...

You can always use one of the SD Card Extension Cables and mount it where you want, the length of the cable on mine was 12inches. I purchased one of EPAY and it works well.

Dangit, I can't find these anywhere, and I wish I had known about them two years ago.

You can always use one of the SD Card Extension Cables and mount it where you want, the length of the cable on mine was 12inches. I purchased one of EPAY and it works well.

Dangit, I can't find these anywhere, and I wish I had known about them two years ago.

One of these eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806955513031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180695551303&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] could probably be made to work, with one end of a ribbon cable soldered to the contacts on the SIO2SD board.

489301230_o.jpg

Hey all looking for the SD Card Extension Cables, you can get them here. http://www.quickerbuy.com/products/sd-card-cable-extender-extension-sdhc-32gb-50-cm-20-361148923

I must have just been luck to find the one on epay, I couldn't find another one like it today when I searched. The one in the link looks identical to mine, and the even accept paypal.

Also found them Here http://www.dhgate.com/sd-card-cable-extender-extension-sdhc-32gb/r-ff8080812d0dad01012d0e9010b24f01.html but costing more then double, I paid about $12 for mine.

Best regards

Robert Miller

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you may have seen an SIO2SD enclosure that I was working on in another thread. It was designed to work with v2 of the SIO2SD board, but unfortunately that board was not very case-friendly since it had no mounting holes, it was larger than necessary, and the buttons were all crammed together in the corner. When I saw this Rev 3 board, I got very excited, because it seemed to solve all of the problems of the Rev 2 board. I ordered one on Sept 14th and had to anxiously run to my mailbox for nearly a month before it arrived. It got here on Tuesday, and I started measuring it so that I could adapt my enclosure design to fit it. The new board is AWESOME! Thanks Wolfram.

I just finished the revised enclosure this afternoon. Here are two renderings, I'm planning on sending it out to a rapid prototyping service tomorrow. The only two things that I'm uncertain about are the vents having holes through them (some Atari accessories have notches, but no holes), and whether or not I like the symbols that I chose for the buttons. Anyone got any better ideas for the button markings? Feedback welcome.

cheers,

c

post-30038-0-44582700-1318554198_thumb.gif

post-30038-0-43965700-1318554208_thumb.gif

Edited by Vandal968

would it be possible to buy that enclosure through shapeways or similiar service?

That's actually something I was hoping to do, but when I quoted the previous version on Shapeways it was somewhere around $250, which would be pretty absurd. I'm going to see if I can find a way to do it that's more cost-effective. I'll keep you guys informed as I explore options.

cheers,

c

in worst case it will be last device in a chain - it doesn't matter really

one thing that bothers me

couldn't these button markings be lowered rather than extruded?

it would allow them to be filled with thick paint and then let to dry making nice effect and permanent marking

the way it is now - sure its permanent, but it will be collecting drit (no matter how often you wash your hands)

Thanks! now i need to rise some funds for this ;)

Just wonder - how they going to get 3 colors on the front piece? just print with 3 diffrent materials?

I though it would be separated - obviously i was wrong

or? should i paint it?

They don't have a brown plastic material, so the whole enclosure is white, it will need to be painted to match the rendering.

cheers,

c

one thing that bothers me

couldn't these button markings be lowered rather than extruded?

it would allow them to be filled with thick paint and then let to dry making nice effect and permanent marking

the way it is now - sure its permanent, but it will be collecting drit (no matter how often you wash your hands)

Candle,

I can do that easily. I'm busy right now, but I'll make a second version of the buttons in the next day or two, and then you can order whichever you prefer. I did change the text on K4 from MAP to MNT. Mounting drives somehow seems more modern than mapping them ;)

cheers,

c

It woul

Pity something similar couldn't be produced to contain the IDE Plus 2.0 and its bristling array of perpendicular connectors. ;)

An enclosure for that device would be much simpler to design than the SIO2SD enclosure, but it would probably be double the cost due to size. What is the advantage of using an IDE drive on the Atari rather than an SIO2SD?

cheers,

c