IGNORED

HSC Round 4.4: Mappy

VectorGamer

I finally got my video capture program to record perfectly, if I break 50k, it'll be on video. :)

What DO you use for that? I'm trying to use one for my cabinet to do reviews when the new computer comes in, but nothing really works. I tried MAME's own capturing device, but all that comes up is a black screen and I can't get ZD Screen Recorder to capture full screen MAME for shit.....

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 for both my PC and the new computer when it arrives.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I have a program called DXTory. It is much better, and lighter on the CPU than FRAPS is.

Its $40 but so worth it, and it has once super nice extra feature. If you're into streaming, you can tell it to output to a 640x480 video, when you press F12. It then is recognized as a webcam by UStream, or whatever you use.

You can also change the resolution if you like that it outputs to. :)

Wow.. what an amazing random, first game!

I've never been that far before, and am uploading the video, as promised. In the video. you'll see where I fumbled in the later stages and the second bonus stage. :)

My vegas hates it on this computer, but I know it works fine on my desktop, it'll be converted and uploaded tonight/tomorrow morning.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfKo1WvfDow

post-4191-0-25738300-1316907738_thumb.png

Edited by keilbaca

post-3346-0-40121900-1316936519_thumb.png

Not enough to bump me up to 5th, but still, it's an improvement. I got it during a two-player game. Had a lady friend over and decided to let her play too since she wanted to try out the cabinet and wouldn't stop bugging me.

I was pointed out several things that might be of help:

-When the middle of the song hits in the bonus round, you SHOULD be in the middle of the screen if you want to have a chance at a perfect. This helps to remember if you are easily panicked by the end of the song.

-In the second bonus round, you CAN take out that first trampoline(the first one that's above the bottom one), as if you jump up and to the left, you'll still get the balloon.

-The best time to open the microwave door is when the cats' jump reach their peak as most likely they will land where you are and the wave will get more of them.

-If you pick up a certain item, the next one like it will blink for the bonus. For example, if you pick up a safe, then if there is another safe in the level, it will blink. This effect gets cancelled when you get an item other than that, say if you pick up a radio before the blinking safe.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Oh yeah, baby!! It seems as if nothing was going wrong on this game!! The funny thing is, I said to myself: "There is no way you are going to get 100k on this game." But something made me play again.

The MAME aims to Offend 'er!!

post-29539-0-30336100-1316951000_thumb.jpg

All I have to hope for is that the BIg BEE doesn't turn around and sting me at 11 am with a 130000 score or something.

See y'all soon!!

Not enough to bump me up to 5th, but still, it's an improvement. I got it during a two-player game. Had a lady friend over and decided to let her play too since she wanted to try out the cabinet and wouldn't stop bugging me.

-When the middle of the song hits in the bonus round, you SHOULD be in the middle of the screen if you want to have a chance at a perfect. This helps to remember if you are easily panicked by the end of the song.

-In the second bonus round, you CAN take out that first trampoline(the first one that's above the bottom one), as if you jump up and to the left, you'll still get the balloon.

-The best time to open the microwave door is when the cats' jump reach their peak as most likely they will land where you are and the wave will get more of them.

-If you pick up a certain item, the next one like it will blink for the bonus. For example, if you pick up a safe, then if there is another safe in the level, it will blink. This effect gets cancelled when you get an item other than that, say if you pick up a radio before the blinking safe.

One thing you failed to mention is the little bonus you can receive if you collect an item that Goro is hiding behind. If the fat, red cat is standing still and hiding, collect the item immediately after. you will get an extra thousand.

One thing you failed to mention is the little bonus you can receive if you collect an item that Goro is hiding behind. If the fat, red cat is standing still and hiding, collect the item immediately after. you will get an extra thousand.

I didn't notice that. Thanks!

I have a program called DXTory. It is much better, and lighter on the CPU than FRAPS is.

Its $40 but so worth it, and it has once super nice extra feature. If you're into streaming, you can tell it to output to a 640x480 video, when you press F12. It then is recognized as a webcam by UStream, or whatever you use.

You can also change the resolution if you like that it outputs to. :)

Thanks for the info and the video.

I personally use Snag it! and camtasia, both from TechSmith.

With MAME what I like to do is to first record an INP file then record the playback.

This way I don't have any laggin problems while playing the game.

See my YouTube channel for some examples.

http://www.youtube.com/user/patbb