IGNORED

Quacker Blaster Playfield Layout Possible?

Primordial Ooze

I would like to know if it is possible to create a playfield similar to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLHdeKEHXk and if so how difficult would it be. The gun of course would be removed and replaced with the players score. If not then what would be the closest i can get to this? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Primordial Ooze

Edited by Primordial Ooze

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

post-29395-0-47345100-1320969678_thumb.pngHad a little free time so I drew up a rendering map using the available sprite 2600 rendering units. I literally broke down that example video image since it was my only reference point. I didn't include space for a SCORE meter but you could just clip the bottom and top some to get space for it.

The Tree, Trunk, and Ground is incredibly easy to accomplish since its just a basic Playfield graphic with 3 color changes from the top to the bottom of the screen. Since there is no tree on the right you're looking at an asymmetrical Playfield rendering setup.

With the Gun sprite I think you could skew the bits or linescroll them left and right per scan line to get a gun turning animation. I just used bits because of its basic appearance but if you want something more detailed I'm sure either Player0 & Player1 could be used as long as neither the reticle or duck overlap with it.

The aiming reticle shown is a flopped Player0 sprite with a couple side extensions using the Missle0 bit copied and set to 8 times width so overall it got a little big but could be made smaller. I ran out of objects for the buckshot pixels but if you could interleave the Cloud color using the Playfield the Ball object could be used for that.

The duck shown in the video should be possible using Player1 with color changes per scanline and only a few Missle1 bits overlayed for any scanlines with 2 colors appearing. Also to recreate the sprites width I used a Missle1 bit set to default width to get a little extra width for the wings.

Anyway I'm no programmer but I'm sure some sort of consolidation of ideas can be met with everyone's help. Let me know if this helps. :)

Edited by BladeJunker