IGNORED

Stupid RadioShack!

Brad2600

I went in today expecting that they would carry A/C adaptors for the 2600..I even gave the correct rating..9v 500ma..and they claimed that they didn't have any and that the adapa-plug thingies would not fit in the 2600.

:x

How many times do they have to make excuses? The guy could have offered to special order it but did he take the time to do so? NO!

Anyone know where I can find a 2600 A/C Adaptor? I really need one as I want to get my 2600 running again badly.

I can't believe these idiots working at RadioShack. They should have a badge that says "IDIOT" in large bold type letters on their shirts!

Radio Shack sells them... the problem is Radio Shack employees are morons, and have no idea that they carry anything other than Cell Phones, MP3 players, and DSS recievers. You're own your own in there... look again. You can also order from their web site

My cousin works at Radio Shack and said that whenever anybody asks a question they don't know or asks for something they don't know about they're supposed to say something like "Umm sir that's not my department" or some crap like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, if you have the power, you could always just cut the wire, and solder it to the board... problem is that oyu cant unplug it from the atari... *shrugs* its up to yoU :)

actually you could just cut the wires and get a new coaxial plug(male and female parts) and just update the power to your 2600.

that's what i did for the noizSPIKE-2600/R.

hope that helps :D

I hate RS .. Thank god I found a real electronics store that lets me browse through it all!

Remember: When telling a RS employee to look up a part number, remind them to put in the hyphen. :roll: :roll: (This happened to me in Tennessee AND the guy to with I sent the part number in California.!) :roll: :roll:

IDIOTS .. MORONS .. STUNTED BRAIN STEW NOODLES ..

I hope to god I never have to step inside a RS Store ever again!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

What store is that? LOL.

Seriously, I need help getting my 2600 back up so if anyone knows where to get the power supply, PLEASE let me know ASAP!

Thanks.

I'm tired of saying that my 2600 is not hooked up. I want it hooked up ASAP! LOL.

The Atari 2600s use a 1/8" mini plug with positive tip, between 350-750 mAmperes, 9volts Direct Current output. That's all you need to know ..

Just ask the RS idiot where the power supplies are. Take you Atari into the store with you and check to see if it fits. Ignore all comments the RS moron might make while in your presence. Remember: You know more about power supplies than they do.

Don't give them your name and address when checking out .. or you will get their BS fishwrapper ad flyer in the mail. If they insist on a name for their BS computer, say "Mickey Mouse." If they do some suggestive selling at checkout, give them an evil stare .. or yell, "Hell NO!"

Keep your receipt if all fails.

I went to RS to get the potentiometer adjustor that CPUWIZ recommended. An infrared sensor set off the "ding-dong" bell when I walked in, so I presumed they would know I was there. I saw no one in sight so I walked up to the counter and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally a guy comes out of the back and he's got a box.. for somebody ELSE.. doesn't even acknowledge that I'm there or waiting, and there's CLEARLY nobody else working other than him. That's about the time I had the "forget this" reaction and walked out. Yet another joy of Radio Outhouse.

I also fell victim to these mindless zombie's that work there.

These no-life phantoms that drift like unknowing slugs.

Because of this, one day I made up my mind to NEVER enter a Radio Shack store unless I know exactly what I wanted and needed it badly.

Then I slap myself and order it over the internet.

(not all stores are like this but ALL of them are within a 40 mile radius where I live.)

Be glad Megaman that you did not have to interact with him! You see .. he's really NOT trained to help you! :roll:

Usually I get assailed by them wishing to pretend to help me .. with their overentusiastic "you've got questions, we've got answers" BS ..

And when you ask them a real tech question like "How do resistors work?", you get a blank look like they are about to wet their pants or something worse.

When I have been in their stores, I typically ignore them completely.

Man my radio shack story makes me mad to this day. I went in last march to get a new power supply for my NES. I took the nes in cuz of the weird plug that it uses i wanted to make sure i got the right one. Well i find the right power supply and was talking to the dude at the check out and i said how i spend alot of money in here buying stuff for my atari. He then said you mean nintendo i said no i mean my atari he said NO thats a nintendo your holding in your hand not a atari its a nintendo! Well right then i got so pissed i got 2 inches from his face and said i know this is a damn nintendo but i have ataris at home i was not calling this A NINTENDO I KNOW WHAT A ATARI IS AND I KNOW WHAT A NINTENDO IS!!! KNOW CHECK ME OUT SO I CAN GO !!! Then he ask my name and addy!!! :x :x :x :x

Good news folks. I was in a Radio Crap a couple of weeks ago and they finally have changed their policy about asking for your name and address. No more personal stuff. Just pay and go. The only time they'll ask for your name and address is if your ordering something that will be shipped to your house (of course.)

Allan

Can you give me specifics?

I haven't seen anything like it at the Wal-Mart I go to though.

I might search for it soon.

Wal-Mart also has the old style TV/Game boxes for sale. The one by me even had a Joystick by Gemstik that listed the Atari 2600/VCS as one of the systems it is compatible with :D

Good news folks. I was in a Radio Crap a couple of weeks ago and they finally have changed their policy about asking for your name and address. No more personal stuff. Just pay and go. The only time they'll ask for your name and address is if your ordering something that will be shipped to your house (of course.)

Allan

The only fun I have when I go to the Rat Shack is making up a fake name and phone number. Damn. In Rat Shack, I've been M.R. Roxonrox, G. Pizano(both Flintstones references) , Roy Hinkley and Jonas Grumby (both Gilligan's Island). Oh well..

In Australia, We have the Agent For RadioShack, Tandy Electronics, and another Crap store called Dick Smith Electronics. Tandy's Alright, but when I was pricing around an RF Modulator with other stores, they wanted AU$60 when I could have just gone to A Deparment Store and got it for AU$20! Dick Smith sold me the wrong cable once when I bought my Master System in and tried to get the AV Cable for it (It Is DIN Output). They gave me a god damn Audio Cable! How dumb can the staff get their?