IGNORED

Discounted ColecoVision Services, I may be closing shop soon

Yurkie

The people that frequent the ColecoVision/Adam forums know that I have been offering mods/repairs and refurbishing on ColecoVision Consoles and controllers for quite awhile now. It seems that either most people that are interested have either got their hardware done, they think it is too expensive, or they can't afford it. I really enjoy working on and modding ColecoVision Hardware, however since April/May the amount to work I have received has been minimal. I have been debating on what to do. I have decided that I will give the discounted prices below for anything shipped between now and Black Friday.

There is a very good chance I may stop offering services after that.

Please don't read into this as a "taking my ball and going home" kind of thing or feel a need to be charitable.

You can get details on all these things by going to my profile and clicking on the thread links, or PM me for details. Link to profile.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/user/23318-yurkie/

Complete system (console and controllers) refurbish with single jack A/V mod (cord included) $89 $75

Pause button $35

Intro Skip BIOS $15

or both for $40

I had planned on raising the Pause and BIOS on October 1st but will leave prices the same.

Refurbish/mod a set of controllers for $40 $35 (ball knobs and straightened cords are optional but included as always)

If you have been on the fence please take this opprotunity to get your hardware repaired/refurbished/modded

Thanks for your time, comments welcomed.

Well whatever you decide THANKS for your work and help in keeping a great console going! I only regret I have never personally used your services but certainly not for lack of want, I think your rates are reasonable I unfortunately just had other priorities and financial issues. Best of luck in whatever you do!

You guys are reading this exactly the way Todd said not to.

He is not threatining with a take it or Im leaving

What you will be missing is someone who offers a very unique,hard to find service.

Coleco was certainly not as popular as Atari,and therefore there are not as many units out there.

Look at Ebay,any given time,over 20 thous Atari items,Coleco under 1000.

So,when you have a problem while reliving the good ole days with a Coleco,what are you going to do?Throw it out?

I have used Todds services on more then one occasion,his workmanship,and attention to detail is nothing short of amazing

Ok,maybe you dont need his services now,but maybe you know someone who does,maybe you are a member at another game site,put the word out.

It costs you nothing and at the sametime your helping the Coleco community,with a valuable asset

• Like 2

You guys are reading this exactly the way Todd said not to.

He is not threatining with a take it or Im leaving

What you will be missing is someone who offers a very unique,hard to find service.

Coleco was certainly not as popular as Atari,and therefore there are not as many units out there.

Look at Ebay,any given time,over 20 thous Atari items,Coleco under 1000.

So,when you have a problem while reliving the good ole days with a Coleco,what are you going to do?Throw it out?

I have used Todds services on more then one occasion,his workmanship,and attention to detail is nothing short of amazing

Ok,maybe you dont need his services now,but maybe you know someone who does,maybe you are a member at another game site,put the word out.

It costs you nothing and at the sametime your helping the Coleco community,with a valuable asset

I do really like what I read here .... I could not say it better actually!

Todd is an awesome guy, trustfull, very professional and also a good friend when you know him much more

Todd, Thanks for all those services you provided and also thanks for helping ALOT of people getting back into Colecovision again or even for the first time!

• Like 1

Even if I quit doing mods/repairs I will still follow the scene and hope to be a beta tester and will repair/mod hardware for homebrew programmers/publishers.

Plus for new people looking for mods your saving $14 between now and Black Friday:)

He modded my CV and I'm happy with it. I just thought I'd inquire about the power switch and BIOS before he closes is shop.

If the word is to get out, create a www site for the services. I'm offering free advertising for peeps in Retrocade Magazine, because that's what the vision is.

Maybe the well is dry right now, but all the CVs you've fixed/modded may need servicing again eventually. The hardware is very old, after all and despite your great work, stuff breaks or wears out eventually.

If there were 100 ColecoVisions here and you've worked on 99 of them...yeah, business is going to slow down...but that doesn't mean it's gone forever.

I still have one CV in need of fixing, as well as 10 or so controllers but my bank account is rather empty right now so there's not much I can do about it.

Even if I quit doing mods/repairs I will still follow the scene and hope to be a beta tester and will repair/mod hardware for homebrew programmers/publishers.

Plus for new people looking for mods your saving $14 between now and Black Friday:)

Yurkie's services are, bar-none, the best. The pricing is spectacular, and my system works amazing! I use my colecovision all the time now, as the picture and sound are crystal clear and the controllers work amazing. I would highly recommend these services for anyone still sitting on the fence.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yurkie, you are truly a god-send to the Coleco retro scene and I hope things work out so that you can continue to offer your tremendous services for all current and future ColecoVision owners. I have purchased quite a large number of items from Yurkie over the last couple years and everything has arrived promptly, was in great cosmetic condition and worked flawlessly. If anyone out there is on the fence about getting some work done to your systems or controllers, let me state as other have.... "Yurkie is The Man!".

If someone wants a great deal on a ColecoVision with all the mods, I will sell the complete cleaned and refurbished system with A/V, Pause and BIOS mods. Plus the controllers have ball knobs and straightened cords for $149 that's $30 off today only. It would cost $129 for the services done plus you would have to ship a system, it's almost like free hardware.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-colecovision-hardware-for-sale/

• Like 1

The amazing thing about the whole retro scene is that someone always seems to step up and fill the void left, just as Yurkie did when DoubleDown stopped offering his services. I certainly hope, however, that this doesn't come to pass as Yurkie has meant so much to the community and not only because of the tremendous services that he provides!

Please don't have me dead and buried yet!

In the very first post I say I love doing this and offer $14 off my mod service.

I started this thread as a worse case senereo, so that if I do quick offering service I don't have dozens of people all of a sudden want work done.

I love the cv and don't want to leave people hanging.

Think of it more as a sale on my $89 service, and a heads up if your on the fence.

Edited by Yurkie

What I would like to offer if the current mods are dried up is installing the module on this thread

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168968-f18a/

It would involve putting a 40 pin socket in place of VDP, the module from the thread above would plug into this socket and completely replace the video circuitry. You would then have only VGA video output. I would install a jack for the audio also.

The other thing I would like to get into is offering cartridge PCBs with any released rom a person wants. They can put this in a recycled common CV cart housing. This could possibly also get into homebrews with a royalty paid to the programmer. And also for homebrew programmers that want to self publish.

I personally would hate to see Yurkie go. It is somewhat comforting knowing he was around in case my modded CV died. I even ordered an extra set of modded controllers, in case my first set broke. Now, I may have to get another CV modded as backup. I would be lost without my modded CV.

Hopefully he is around along time to continue his fine work.

I do recommend him to everyone, but we are a limited audience!

• 1 month later...

I haven't really done much digging around on this topic, so forgive me if this information is easy to find, but how hard is it to mod the CV for composite out? Are there instructions readily available?

This may already exist but maybe you could put up some very detailed walkthroughs for the A/V mod and the #1 repair that you do, so that others can just follow instructions and carry on your work themselves.