whats in store for 2003?

PeeknPoke

From the workshop of Cupcakus:

Early 2003 releases:

2600 In A Flash (Flash Cartridge)

Quest (Homebrew)

Kablamo(Homebrew)

4 Player Multitap

Do you have the controller rumble function working? I would like to incorporate it into one of the titles I am working on... but I won't be ready for it for a few months...

Early 2003 releases:

Quest (Homebrew)

Kablamo(Homebrew)

4 Player Multitap

Do you have the controller rumble function working? I would like to incorporate it into one of the titles I am working on... but I won't be ready for it for a few months...

No not yet... I can tell you how to code for them however, and I can sell you a couple prototypes for development purposes if you want.

Hopes for 2003:

- That Euchre will be sold for longer than six weeks this time around :)

- That I'll settle on an idea for another game and start it

- Everyone will receive the Thrust+ and Qb that they are waiting for

What's coming in 2003?

- I'm looking forward to Bounce, Big Dig (a proposed Mr. Driller clone), Robot City, and the Flash Cart

- A couple of amazing homebrews that will dazzle us like Thrust and Marble Craze did

- Even more national-level publicity about the homebrew movement

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jazzed about Quest, I think I've wet myself! :)

That and Climber5 have me very excited.

I'm sure there are others, but all in all it looks like a great year for homebrews! :) A big thanks to all you fine people out there programming! Are there any lady programmers out there, I wonder?

Big Dig has me all excited, personally...I LOVE mr driller.

Having tried out the incomplete version on the stella list, I have to admit, this game has alot of potential. It follows the mr driller gameplay pretty weel, with the nice addition of bonus items to pick up. If the oxygen meter is implemented, that would be nice, add a sense of urgency, to keep people from just hanging around in one spot all day, plotting a move. But still, for an early version, fantastic!

I’m looking forward to the FlashCart most of all. Climber 5 looks promising as well. This is the first time that I’ve heard Big Dig mentioned but I’m a big fan of Mr. Driller so I’ll be keeping my fingers Xed.

Well, I know here is a 2600 forum, but I just can't resist... :D

On my side, I hope to release two "new" ColecoVision games: Space Invaders Collection is already in beta and the release details are being defined. And I have just started Pac-Man Collection, which will include Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man and maybe Pac-Man Plus, and hope to release it this year too. ;)

Eduardo

I also think this will be a good year for homebrews, and not just for the 2600, but also for the 5200 and as Eduardo has mentioned, the ColecoVision as well. We hope to have several titles to release at our booth at PhillyClassic 4 (for both the 2600 and 5200). Any further out than that I can't easily speculate on at this time. :) Our plans are that anything released at our booth in PC4 be immediately available to order online the next day, for those unable to attend.

In the short term, we are working hard to add existing homebrews to our store, such as Qb (which was added a few days ago), Gunfight, Space Treat, Euchre, Space Instigators, and more. Don't forget that you can get a fairly comprehensive list of Atari-related games in development here. This list isn't complete as there are many games still very early in development that aren't listed. :)

..Al

Early 2003 releases:

Quest (Homebrew)

Kablamo(Homebrew)

4 Player Multitap

What is the flash cartridge? Several people have commented on it in this post, yet I can't find any info on it.

I am working dilligently on a 2600 Flash Cartridge... This cartridge will support every 2600 game ROM in the library except for the 64kb Megbaboy cartridges, and Pitfall 2.. as well as homebrew author's images for testing.

This device is programmed very quickly from the PC parallel port.

More information can be obtained from my web site...

http://www.atariage.com/~clarkin/fcart.html

Hmmm... Im most looking forward to the copy of thrust dc+ I paid for almost a year ago.

I'm also sill holding my breath for the pitfall inspired game Ed Federmeyer was going to follow up Edtris with, also wondering Bob Colbert will finish coding anything. And how about that homebrew with circular graphics that some guy took a bunch of payments for and (EVENTUALLY,) returned them.... I'm hoping someone hacks Stargate into Defender, alsol.

Amongst the new stuff, I can't WAIT to see Avcstech Challenge, I loved aztec challenge on my c64.

Cyclostar is based on cosmic ark, one of my all time faves, so its a good place to start :-)

and MAN I'd love to see 2600 Kickman.

I loved the Star Fire arcade game, so I hope the VCS version does it justice

And tree hugger deserves notice for its wide gameplay variety and tounge in cheek humor.

But I most look forward to any of the stuff that none of knew existed that pops up out of nowhere (like lords of the rings last year,)

Hey Cupcakus,

Any idea on the cost of the flashcart?

I was hoping to to see the following on your website:

The Cuttle Cart cost was about $125.00, the flash cart is only $20.00! :)

The device is still far from finished... which will determine it's final cost... but I think we're looking at less than $90 a cartridge... definetly cheaper than the cuttle was.

We haven't started on the code yet, but Albert and I have spent some time planning a D&D/Ultima-ish RPG for the 2600. Not a lot is nailed down (and not a lot can until the kernal is written) but the game will use the keyboard controllers with overlays, a code-based save system, a top down view, will be a single character game, and will be entirely turn-based. I'll probably have a kernal working in early February and we're sure hoping to finish the game this year!

-Paul