IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

• 4 weeks later...

The last two table packs of Season 2 were released for PS3/Vita today. The 13 week gap between PSN releases ties their longest gap ever, but releasing two table packs on the same day makes it a little easier to forgive the delays.

Fish Tales and Black Rose leaderboards are already displayed on PS3/Vita with latest patch... season 3 'advertising' tease by giving us a jealous peek at all the mobile and PC players.

Regardless of fault, I think people should just forget about this program on those platforms. Crave doesn't deserve to be rewarded with a dime and Farsight presumably is solely responsible for leading pinball fans on the Wii U for well over a year at this point with it seemingly no closer to release than it ever was.

Even if it arrived on the Wii U tomorrow, I'd be leery of it being properly updated, catching up with the competition, and experiencing regular updates. It obviously keeps getting put back to the bottom of the pile and with their history with this app and the Wii U's sales performance, I'm sure it will remain a low priority.

Edited by Atariboy

Fish Tales and Black Rose leaderboards are already displayed on PS3/Vita with latest patch... season 3 'advertising' tease by giving us a jealous peek at all the mobile and PC players.

There is one home console where you play with a real joypad and get day one updates!

I'll whisper it in the breeze...

Oooo

Uuuu

Yyyy

Aaaa...

Jealous yet? :grin: I already done paid for the Season three pass. Pirate Rose is the best table in a while, IMO...

There is one home console where you play with a real joypad and get day one updates!

I'll whisper it in the breeze...

Oooo

Uuuu

Yyyy

Aaaa...

Jealous yet? :grin: I already done paid for the Season three pass. Pirate Rose is the best table in a while, IMO...

I refuse to play on anything that has a name that sounds like a whale orgasm. Get a real name or get out.

A tournament on mobile devices is running again until the 8th. I decided I'd go ahead and post a few scores again since I've got time to occasionally burn at work. Well, I play a round of Scared Stiff. Get to Monster Multi-ball (the wizard mode of the game), and play it out. I notice I go back to single ball play, and yet it's still in the multi-ball mode. I think to myself "that's not supposed to happen". But whatever, I play it out anyway. When I drain, the game doesn't recognize all the balls are off the playfield. I call the attendant, and it claims a ball is not stuck. I tried it again and again with the same results. I then decide to tilt out the game. Guess what? The game still doesn't recognize the issue. It just sits at the tilt screen seemingly infinitely. This would have been fine with me, I had something along the lines of 55 million, and I wouldn't have minded that being a temporary tournament score for now. But, get this--the clock on the timed tournament stopped. So, the game was tilted, the table couldn't recognize there were balls missing, the operator/attendant wouldn't do a damn thing, and the clock stopped. Totally screwed, I had to manually exit, losing my fifteen minutes of play and my score. On real machines, if there is no playfield activity for a while after ball searches, the ball or game will end. I would have been fine with that as well, but that doesn't happen with their emulated versions. I really wish Farsight would get their @*#& together. This is the kind of crap I've been talking about (and dealing with) for a while. Not cool at all.

At least the mobile version has timed gameplay for the tournament... and you can just try again, right? Game ending bugs are horrible, but losing a 15 minute tournament attempt isn't too bad.

There's a PSN tournament until Feb 8th too but there's no time limit for gameplay. Trying to keep pace on the leaderboards across eight tables can take a lot of playtime. I played my first tournament in Dec and moved up to the silver tier pretty easily. Silver tier is more competitive and will take some massive scores to stay in the top 10% and move up to gold tier for the next tournament. Not sure if it's worth the effort when your high scores in tournament mode don't even carry over to the standard leaderboards.

Also, Farsight's facebook page just confirmed that table pack # 23 will be Black Knight 2000.

Yeah, the first mobile tournament didn't have a time limit. I probably clocked 40 hours of playtime into it, it was ridiculous. But you had to if you planned on competing, because games could literally last an hour a piece, assuming you even had a good game worth saving. Unlimited extra balls, no time limit. And then in those instances the games would occasionally break due to bugs as well. 20, 30, 50 minutes down the drain. 15 minutes isn't too bad, I agree, but these issues shouldn't even be cropping up to begin with. :(

A tournament on mobile devices is running again until the 8th. I decided I'd go ahead and post a few scores again since I've got time to occasionally burn at work. Well, I play a round of Scared Stiff. Get to Monster Multi-ball (the wizard mode of the game), and play it out. I notice I go back to single ball play, and yet it's still in the multi-ball mode. I think to myself "that's not supposed to happen". But whatever, I play it out anyway. When I drain, the game doesn't recognize all the balls are off the playfield. I call the attendant, and it claims a ball is not stuck. I tried it again and again with the same results. I then decide to tilt out the game. Guess what? The game still doesn't recognize the issue. It just sits at the tilt screen seemingly infinitely. This would have been fine with me, I had something along the lines of 55 million, and I wouldn't have minded that being a temporary tournament score for now. But, get this--the clock on the timed tournament stopped. So, the game was tilted, the table couldn't recognize there were balls missing, the operator/attendant wouldn't do a damn thing, and the clock stopped. Totally screwed, I had to manually exit, losing my fifteen minutes of play and my score. On real machines, if there is no playfield activity for a while after ball searches, the ball or game will end. I would have been fine with that as well, but that doesn't happen with their emulated versions. I really wish Farsight would get their @*#& together. This is the kind of crap I've been talking about (and dealing with) for a while. Not cool at all.

You should post this on Pinballarcadefans.com if you haven't already.

I suck too much to play in tounaments and I consider it an honor if I can even manage a score in the top few thousand on the leaderboards. I'm not even sure if tounaments are available in the Ouya version.

Edited by stardust4ever

I suck too much to play in tounaments and I consider it an honor if I can even manage a score in the top few thousand on the leaderboards. I'm not even sure if tounaments are available in the Ouya version.

Aw c'mon man, you just got to learn some pinball control! It's really not that hard, especially in these digital versions. There are actions in the Pinball Arcade that are completely repeatable endlessly, where it would simply not be possible on a real machine. :)

Funhouse is a good one to practice control on. When the ball comes out of the scoop, let it bounce off the right flipper and catch it with the left. You can replicate that action 100% of the time in TPA. Completely safe, and it's a good building block for learning a slower, safer, more methodical gameplay (as pinball should be played, if you are trying to score high anyway!).

Strange. Their Wikipedia page used to say it was definitely Eight Ball Deluxe which disappointed me cuz we already have a similar game with Big Shot and I would way rather have Cue Ball Wizard. Perhaps they heard my grumblings and have taken off Eight Ball and instead will give us Cue Ball.

I can only hope.

Luckily Cue Ball Wizard was the game they decided on. Bought it last night. Pretty fun although the view I use (not full screen) makes it tricky to know when to launch the ball. Still, it's different and I like it. It comes bundled with El Dorado which is .... alright. I mean, I enjoy the older pins, love Big Shot, but El Dorado is pretty basic, I guess the green motif is kinda cool. But Cue Ball Wizard makes me happy I downloaded this table pack.

I'm just happy to have some new tables, been a long while on PS3.

Really excited for Black Knight 2000 and Fish Tales, can't wait for March.

Edited by ComputerSpaceFan

Luckily Cue Ball Wizard was the game they decided on. Bought it last night. Pretty fun although the view I use (not full screen) makes it tricky to know when to launch the ball. Still, it's different and I like it. It comes bundled with El Dorado which is .... alright. I mean, I enjoy the older pins, love Big Shot, but El Dorado is pretty basic, I guess the green motif is kinda cool. But Cue Ball Wizard makes me happy I downloaded this table pack.

I'm just happy to have some new tables, been a long while on PS3.

Really excited for Black Knight 2000 and Fish Tales, can't wait for March.

I've been enjoying fish tales since December 21st. Derp.

The Pinball Arcade newsletter (#24) just went out. Nothing terribly important to note, except that Season 3 will no longer have a Season Pass until all of the tables are posted. Apparently this was due to a decision Apple made in regards to selling season passes for content that doesn't exist yet. So, because of Apple's say on the matter, Farsight is pulling the Season 3 pass across all platforms for the sake of consistency. Want the newest tables? It looks like you will be paying full price for them unless you have already purchased a Season 3 pass.

So... they're not offering a season pass on PSN because Apple said no??

Hopefully they'll reconsider before Fish Tales is released... I doubt they're going to sell many trophy-less single table packs at $5 each. I'm not buying anything unless/until there's a season pass.

The Pinball Arcade newsletter (#24) just went out. Nothing terribly important to note, except that Season 3 will no longer have a Season Pass until all of the tables are posted. Apparently this was due to a decision Apple made in regards to selling season passes for content that doesn't exist yet. So, because of Apple's say on the matter, Farsight is pulling the Season 3 pass across all platforms for the sake of consistency. Want the newest tables? It looks like you will be paying full price for them unless you have already purchased a Season 3 pass.

Does this affect Ouya too? Either way it looks like I got "grandfathered" in with my Season 3 pass! :evil:

Oh and this is a mind boggling decision for non-iOS platforms. I'm not sure why they would pull out perfectly good working code on other systems because they can't sell season passes on Apple devices. It's like they don't really want our money or they think none of us will really be angry enough not to give in and buy all the tables individually when they're released.

Oh and this is a mind boggling decision for non-iOS platforms. I'm not sure why they would pull out perfectly good working code on other systems because they can't sell season passes on Apple devices. It's like they don't really want our money or they think none of us will really be angry enough not to give in and buy all the tables individually when they're released.

iOS is one of their top selling platforms. If Farsight left this option in for other users, iOS users would b!tch about it incessantly. Well, now a lot more users will be b!tching too...

I missed the season passes on 1 and 2 because I got a prerelease Ouya and bought most of the available packs prior to the "day one" update when the season passes became availabe. I could have saved a lot of dough by waiting but I said "screw it and plowed through Season 2 one pack at a time. So I'm sure grateful I was given the option for Season 3. PSN never got the opportunity to buy at all...