IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

They have made Stern Pinball available on Switch but no evidence of the original Pinball Arcade. Where can I get all those classic Williams and Gottlieb tables I loved so much? Are they gone? Once they perfect the engine, the actual table assets should be peanuts to port over. Farsight is acting like they really don't want my money that much... :sad:

FarSight also has their hands full, you know this. Give it time and I am sure we will eventually see a Switch release of TPA.

Looks like Farsight has screwed up again... if you're a Steam customer, beware of the latest update. The update adds Pistol Poker, but if you complete a game and finish any of the standard/wizard goals it can clear your save file and permanently remove all goals progress for all tables.

Is this glitch only in Pistol Poker, or on any table??

I was playing today, and I know I got a few standard goals on some of the Season 5 tables I just purchased, and didn't notice any save data loss.

I did demo Pistol Poker, but didn't get any goals or anything.

I think the bug occurs when you complete a goal in Pistol Poker, then exit and relaunch the game. The save file is corrupted so goals progress is cleared, high scores are garbled, random steam achievements start popping, etc.

There's more discussion/details on pinballarcadefans.com. There's also a guide on that site for backing up your save data: http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/11988-GUIDE-High-Score-and-Goals-backup-and-restore-in-TPA-%28Steam%29

They have made Stern Pinball available on Switch but no evidence of the original Pinball Arcade. Where can I get all those classic Williams and Gottlieb tables I loved so much? Are they gone? Once they perfect the engine, the actual table assets should be peanuts to port over. Farsight is acting like they really don't want my money that much... :sad:

Day 10 of Farsight's 12 Days of Christmas announcements is that TPA is coming to the Switch. They claim Q1 2018... so probably next sunmer?

• Like 1

Day 10 of Farsight's 12 Days of Christmas announcements is that TPA is coming to the Switch. They claim Q1 2018... so probably next sunmer?

Awesome sauce. So I'll just buy the new Stern tables like ACDC and Ghostbusters and save the old ones for TPA. Is q1 Jan-march or april-june?

What I would to see is to be able to play Pinball Arcade in "VERTICAL" mode!

I have a spare LCD monitor that I've been using to play the game in portrait mode. I know it's not the same, but you do get a bit extra resolution that way (albeit at the cost of losing a little info at the sides). I've played Zaccaria Pinball in virtual mode (or whatever it's called) and it's kind of weird...you have to have your monitor at just the right angle, and not move your head around too much, or the illusion gets broken pretty badly. This is one case where I can definitely see a real practical use for VR.

They are planning on adding virtual mode for the Arcooda Video Pinball machine, but that company seems to be having a bit of a delay--was supposed to be a pricing/availability announcement last January >__< Whoops.

I think somebody screwed up the US price on Steam because right now Season 5 is only $7.50 for the standard and $9.99 for the pro pack. Both say they're 50% off but they're 50% off the 50% off sale price.

I was able to refund the Season 5 standard version and then re-bought the "Pro" version. $1 a table sounds about right for the Season 5 tables. Glad I happened to look in the Steam forum for this game and notice someone had lamented on paying $20 for the pro version instead of $10.

• Like 1

I think somebody screwed up the US price on Steam because right now Season 5 is only $7.50 for the standard and $9.99 for the pro pack. Both say they're 50% off but they're 50% off the 50% off sale price.

Whoops! @_@

I assume it has something to do with how Farsight said Season 5 would go on sale, and then Season 2 went on sale instead...so they must have gotten a little heavy-handed while trying to fix it.

Yeah, somebody fat-fingered something. The Steam store lists both seasons' packages at 50% off, but the "retail" prices for the Season 5 packages are currently half what they should be, making the sale prices a quarter of the originals. I didn't have Season 5 on the PC yet, so that worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

PS4 is now caught up to table pack 68 (Spanish Eyes/Wild Card). This update adds some of the season 7 tables and the season 7 pass.

But, Farsight has screwed up again... they've priced the season 7 pass at the same $4.99 price as the single tables. They've also priced the season 7 pro pass at the $7.99 price of a single pro table. Also, Ghostbusters doesn't have a pro version and the standard version is not currently included in the season 7 pro pass.

they've priced the season 7 pass at the same $4.99 price as the single tables.

So I was interested in a handful of Season 7 tables but I'm tempted to take advantage of this mess up. If I bought the season pass for $4.99 and FarSight realizes their mistake, would they take it away from me? I assume not but what would happen to my $4.99 if they somehow reversed this? Also, am I the only one not able to see / download Pistol Poker?

The season 7 price has already been corrected and it's back to $29.99. I bought it at $4.99 and installed the tables already, so I don't think they can take it away. The season pass still shows on my download list as well.

Pistol Poker wasn't supposed to be included in this release. It's not available as an individual purchase, but the season pass did accidentally activate the work-in-progress version of the table. Developer has warned that the table has some crashing bugs. It wasn't ready for release but he screwed up.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was alerted to the price error on Cheap Ass Gamer, and snapped it up right away. The selection of tables makes me think that Farsight is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel of pinball history, but for fifty cents a table, I was willing to bite.

To the people complaining about Farsight... you do know they made the Action 52 cartridge for Sega Genesis, right? I think screwing up is in their DNA.

• 2 weeks later...