IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

[sorry. I should have said,"What's wrong with wondering why I haven't received services that I paid for?"

No, what you should have done was e-mail the AtariAge Store with your questions and patiently waited for a reply. If you didn't get a satisfactory response after a reasonable amount of time, then post your complaints in a public forum.

Remember this site isn't like Amazon.com. It's one guy doing almost everything in his spare time.

I have purchased over 30 homebrews from the AtariAge Store. Any problem with my orders were resolved fully. And I can think of only one problem that occurred. There was one defective cart that had to be replaced.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Boulder Dash after all these years. I put my order in on Friday as soon as I heard about the start of the pre-ordering.

I'm a little curious about that myself.... how has it been doing in the pre-order so far? I'm happy getting one, and I'm sure some people would like to have 2(I'd like to, but funds simply won't allow it). Frankly, I'm just curious if we're going to get a full sell-out, at 1 cart per person. I think it would be awesome to have that happen.

will there be a list? are these actually going to be numbered?

Yeah, we've had three #69, fourteen #1's and a couple of Pi so far.

I'll whack any number you want on yours.

Al's talked about numbering them. Personally, I don't care to number them.

I guess we really haven't agreed/discussed yet.

bbwahhhaahaaaaa! :-) I don't care if they are numbered, just wanted to know :-) Love the giant white-out number-add on!

Iggy*SJB' timestamp='1323726953' post='2423419']

I'm a little curious about that myself.... how has it been doing in the pre-order so far? I'm happy getting one, and I'm sure some people would like to have 2(I'd like to, but funds simply won't allow it). Frankly, I'm just curious if we're going to get a full sell-out, at 1 cart per person. I think it would be awesome to have that happen.

You can check the relative(!) sales by going into the store and sort the Atari 2600 homebrews by most popular. BD is currently #14.

If there hadn't been a one-per-buyer limit, Andrew, I would have seriously considered buying two. Seems likely this title will fetch a comfortable profit in a few years. Of course, the chances of that would be diminished if First Star were to approve more being made.

[sorry. I should have said,"What's wrong with wondering why I haven't received services that I paid for?"

No, what you should have done was e-mail the AtariAge Store with your questions and patiently waited for a reply. If you didn't get a satisfactory response after a reasonable amount of time, then post your complaints in a public forum.

Remember this site isn't like Amazon.com. It's one guy doing almost everything in his spare time.

I have purchased over 30 homebrews from the AtariAge Store. Any problem with my orders were resolved fully. And I can think of only one problem that occurred. There was one defective cart that had to be replaced.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Boulder Dash after all these years. I put my order in on Friday as soon as I heard about the start of the pre-ordering.

This is my first purchase. I went to the store. I was wondering where the discount was. I bought it and then came to this thread. I noticed that thegoldenband had the same concern and responded to his post to share that I'm wondering the same thing. I was just wondering the same thing that thegoldenband was and thought it would be appropriate to share that here so that when it is answered it would be answered for everyone else who is wondering about it. I didn't expect it to turn into some kind of debate or anything like that but then Andrew responded that it isn't a homebrew game which dragged out the conversation longer than I expected. I thought there would just be my response to thegoldenband and then I would patiently wait for Al to clear it up for everyone.

Also, like you said,"It's one guy doing almost everything in his spare time." So, it makes more sense to me to have Al answer here once instead of a PM for every customer.

For the record, I think the whole "homebrew" issue is a red herring. This was the real issue (emphasis mine):

Thomas, Richard and I have no agreement with Al whatsoever to provide this in advance to AA subscribers; so assumptions about discounts and early access are moot.

If you have paid already and you're not happy about the discount or early access, we'll be happy to refund.

That certainly seemed to indicate that Boulder Dash wasn't going to be eligible for the discount. Al has since cleared that up, and said that it is.

Like I said, I would've been more than willing to pay full price, though I won't pretend that saving a few bucks isn't helpful: of course it is. I'm a graduate student and don't have a whole lot of disposable income to spare, and $3.75 pays for two bus trips back and forth to school, or covers the shipping on a Christmas present for my girlfriend. So the discount is appreciated (though in my case I just went ahead and ordered without the discount -- I've asked Al if I can put the money towards something else from the store).

It was just an issue that wasn't foreseen, and needed clearing up. I don't know what went on to resolve it, and it's really none of my business, or anyone else's except Andrew, Al, Thomas, and FSS.

In my case, 98% of the issue was that not seeing the discount made me think I'd done something wrong in setting up my store account, since the connection (or lack thereof) between forum accounts and store accounts is pretty confusing. About 2% of the issue was that I'd rather have four bucks than not have four bucks -- not nearly enough to affect my decision about whether to buy the game, but enough to make me want to check what was going on before inadvertently spending more money than I was supposed to. If that makes me intolerably cheap, despite still buying the game without hesitation, then so be it.

It would've been nice if everyone who wanted to put their two cents in could've avoided being high-handed and sanctimonious about it, but hey, welcome to the Internet. Or the human race, really.

Now, could we close this issue for good, and focus on this amazing piece of software that's coming out against all odds? Pretty please?

LOLBUGZ... Perils of home-programming...

DEFINE_SUBROUTINE PostScreenCleanup
	iny
	sty PF0		; why wasn't this here?  I saw colour glitching in score area!
			; TJ: no idea why, but you had removed it in revision 758 
			; completely accidental -- one of our cats may have deleted it.